Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
Huge props and a huge THANK YOU to Joe(clubjoeskier) for giving me several pulls yesterday! wow am I sore and sunburned, but the trip was totally worth it!

I'd also like to thank Lucy, Ant Bug, Joe Umali and Frankie for showing me a little taste of what boarding is like on the West Coast.

A special thanks to Ant & Lucy for cooking.

I got a few picks, I'll post shortly!

Thanks again Joe,
KG
Old    clubjoeskier            05-23-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
KG--Eyy, you Joisey guys can RIDE!!

It was great havin' you out, and I'm glad you got enough pulls...Appreciate you makin' the long drive from Riverside, just to ride with us...Give me a ring if you want to get out before you head back to the East side. Sorry you couldn't have made a weekend out of it. You missed out on meeting Daniel(Agfan12), and Mary, and watchin Lucy and Frankie knockin' back the champagne .

I ALSO want to thank Antbug for all the help around the boat and campsite. You made my job as host MUCH easier!!

JoeU and Frankie- Thanks for dinner on friday night! Have fun at the Delta next week!!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
a big thank you to joe and lucy for their hospitality, dinner, pulls, and the good times! frankie and i had a great time, and are looking forward to hookin' up with you guys again soon! (that's if we're invited back up again. )

bug, thanks for lunch and breakfast, and your great company! we'll miss you this weekend at the delta.

daniel and mary, great hangin' out w/ you guys. thanks for letting me use the substance and the skate, and all the drinks! delta this weekend!

kevin, nice meeting you! great riding!
Old    bobbymucic            05-23-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Looks like I missed a party.

How was the weather and water, hot and glass?

I am pretty sure next weekend's parkway site will be available for you Joe...I've got too much going on down here.
Old    clubjoeskier            05-23-2005, 1:02 PM Reply   
Bobby---The hot part was right...The water was ok, but certainly not glass...wind in the morning and boat traffic later made for off and on conditions....

The good news is we still got our runs in, surfed, and made good use of the jetskis!! And the company was good, as usual...Sorry you couldn't make it out...

Kevin (KG), our East-coast guest, was gettin big air and spinning like a top! His tantrum was huge..... and every time he landed, looked like his board slammed on, and stuck to the water!!

Next weekend may not be good for me to stay over out there, so don't wait if you can off it to someone....I'll shoot a m.o. out to you for this last weekend...Thanks again!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
btw joe, congrats on the new trick!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-23-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
Definitely Mad props for Joe (clubjoeskier) and Lucy for having Mary and I out. It was a great time...and Mary thanks you all for your patience during her learning process. Its great to have other girls in the boat (Frankie and Lucy) while Mary is learning!

Bug! Good seein you man and thanks for the Red Bull! I'll call you and see when we can meet up so I can get my boards back.

Joe and Frankie, this last weekend was awesome, and next weekend is gonna be sweet! The reservations are made for Me, mary, and Lacey (Mary's Teacup Chihuahua).

KG, sorry I missed you man!

Definitely fun times for all!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
KG ~ it was great to meet you and for not riding in 7 months ....I hate you cause you were tearing it up.

Clubjoeskier ~ what can I say... the only thing that comes to mind is THANKS! what a great weekend from the food to the company. Too bad the water was not the greatest, but oh well.

Umali and Frankie ~ you guys allways make may day long and hard. J/k you too are the best. Thanks for a great weekend as well.

Daniel ~ what boards??

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
j/k bro. You board is SICK! the 1st jump I took poped me big in a good way. I was stoked to ride it and thanks. I have your skate and shoes as well. Just call me and I will get them to you. 818-489-9003. Tell Mary I said Hello.

Untill next time folks!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-23-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
looks like I missed out on a fun weekend at BV. figures. Hope to see you all at BV sometime soon. and what new trick is this Joe??? I have to see it!

Thomas
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
thomas ~ I will let Joe tell you, but I will say it was BIIIIG and SMOOOOOTH
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-23-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
Yea Joe ended that session with Style and an ear-to-ear grin!
Old    clubjoeskier            05-23-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
Thomas!!

I landed my first W2W TS 180 on Sunday!! It was great! Felt smooth and solid. I was gettin close during the weekend, and was out with Antbug and Kevin in the morning. When I crashed a 2nd or 3rd attempt, my foot came out of one binding. I was gonna end my session there, but I heard Antbug yelling at me to put my binding back on (thanks Bug!). He and Kevin were tellin' me I was so there, and to give it another shot!....

Well when I got up again, went right back, and NAILED IT!! You woulda thought I won the lottery... As soon as I got to a neutral stance, I was hollerin' and threw the rope away!! I could hear those guys yelling from the boat!

What a way to end my run.....I went out again today with Lucy and landed another one (she said she'd believe it when SHE saw it)...My toeside is startin' to come around since you rode with us...

Hopefully I'll have it available to show when we ride next....Lucy's trying to ollie, and she's working on her edging now, HS and TS....
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-24-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
Joe - That is so Awesome! It sounds like your progression is moving along very quickly. good for you. I am just a little jealous. dammit! cant wait to see you ride again. whats up for this friday? do you have to work? Dawn and I are taking a four day weekend this weekend, and are going to be hitting a dawn patrol session at Piru sat-mon with about 5-6 people per day, so if you need people on friday, we are down!
cant wait to see what other tricks you have in your bag now! good for you!

Thomas
Old    clubjoeskier            05-24-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
Thomas--"tricks in my bag???????" My trick bag will fit in the coin pocket of my jeans right now..... But it's gonna get better!

This weekend is up in the air right now....I just came off back to back weekenders, and am run down. I HATE getting old....I crashed pretty good to on Monday...We figured on relaxing for this weekend (crowds), but I wouldn't bet the farm on it happening. I'll give you a ring if plans formulate. Thanks for the Kudos!!

Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-24-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
KG ~ still waiting for pics!!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
here are a few...quality not so great but hey the memory's will last a lifetime! :-)

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
look at how big bug's goin! geeezus!

bug, grab that shizz!!!!

(Message edited by dakid on May 24, 2005)
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-24-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
Joe - I hear ya. recovery time takes longer every year! let me know if you decide to go out. have a great weekend, whatever you do! dont forget, Advil is your friend....
Old    clubjoeskier            05-24-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
Look, up in the sky!!

It's a bird! It's a plane!

It's.......SUUUPER BUG!!!!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-25-2005, 8:38 AM Reply   
haha your too funny Joe... super bug hahaahaha

Umali ~ tell me about it. Next time forsure
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
yea Bug was launching on Sunday!
JoeU also had a really smooth backroll.
Joe (joeclubskier) landed the TS W2W 180
I got to ride for the first time in months
Lucy did some wakesurfing

It was a banner day behind the boat!
Old    bobbymucic            05-25-2005, 10:51 AM Reply   
Hey BV crew..
I think clubjoe knows already, but I have lakefront reservations (parkway site, not in main campground) at BV for the mem day weekend (fri, sat, sun).

I can't make it up (again) but I would rather have someone buy the reservation from me than just cancel it and lose $37 bucks (the reservation total is $103).

I'll wait until tonight to cancel, so if someone want it, email me before then.

B