Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dbrendel)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2012, 5:42 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kcyb...ature=youtu.be
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-30-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
YES!!!! Indmar motors? wow. Love the flip up access to the passenger storage. Is that a new steering wheel? What is the base motor?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-30-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
I love it!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-30-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
Nice. Indmar? Didn't see that coming. Yet another awesome MB!
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-30-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
Looks like MB is starting to use Indmar engines. Great looking boat.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-30-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
Two piece hatch it a great update. Also diggin the led's that light up the Tomcat logo on the back.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-30-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
That interior looks so sick. The curves make it almost futuristic.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-30-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
no wake plate....
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-30-2012, 6:04 PM Reply   
love the new tower, hope mb uses that one for their other boats too.
love the new transom, funtional and looks good.
love the improvement on the sunpad area, smooth and vinyl all the way to the back seat, way better than the broken up sunpad of the 21 and 23's.
do not like the long pointed pickles, better than the f23, but still big and pointless, pardon the pun.

overall, it looks rad on the water... big boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-30-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
Overall awesome. I love that it has a bigger sunpad then the 21's and 23. Holy freeboard batman. I want to see this thing with 5k in ballast. I am assuming it is goin gto have 2500ish pounds in under floor ballast?

I am not down at all with the tower. The seat bases still look shallow but the seat backs look deeper. I would prefer to see the flat area between the forks like the xstar. At least some place to step off onto the dock. I don't like the red padding part in the interior. IT looks like it sticks up too much or is way thicker then the butt seatting part. For some reason some of the seat cushions don't all look the same depth from front to back. It just looks narrow in areas and not really uniform almost like unparallel lines. Not sure I am a big fan of going to indmar. Still a good engine manufacturer but PCM seems to have a better following.

Again though. Overall ridiculously sick boat.

Any estimated $$$$

65-70 loaded up?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-30-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
How 'bout the wake?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-30-2012, 6:40 PM Reply   
Very nice! Tower is way better! Bet pricing will be up there too.
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-30-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
wow, even in real life does mb interject itself into a nautique moment for all those considering the f24, have you looked at the g23?
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-30-2012, 7:03 PM Reply   
seriously though, the boat as far as i can see looks great. seems to stick to mb lines/style/etc. overall, we are all lucky to have so many competing for "our" business, each company seems to be upping the ante.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-30-2012, 7:14 PM Reply   
Like the look, love the gelcoat lines. Seats look deeper. Can't wait to sit in in. I like the tower if it's sturdy...
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2012, 8:17 PM Reply   
Love the boat. Dig the 3.30 release.

But, not that fond of the tower. It looks a bit like a towel rack. Much preffer the "S" or "Z" bend two point towers that go forward low and backward high. Definitely concerned that the pull point on the tower is so forward that the rope will get caught in the racks when turning around.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-30-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Love the boat. Dig the 3.30 release.

But, not that fond of the tower. It looks a bit like a towel rack. Much preffer the "S" or "Z" bend two point towers that go forward low and backward high. Definitely concerned that the pull point on the tower is so forward that the rope will get caught in the racks when turning around.
yep. evolutionary at best. pickles, meh. Love the minor interior changes, other than the sundeck. I'm a weird one who LIKES the glass by the cushions (with the pad to step on). Like the two part rear deck, that's really cool.

Tower, meh. I'm a recovering illusion x owner, though, so it'd take a lot for me to like any 2 point tower. It's all style, nothing functional. How's the bimini work? And tower speakers are a burn on a forward swept tower. They just are.

like the flip up observers seat.

Really surprised at no speakers in the dash. For the driver, the sound is compromised with the boat empty because of the rearward speaker positions. As soon as people sit in front of those speakers the sound is REALLY bad. for a flagship, I sorta thought they'd have thought of that.

Indmar is rad... certainly easier to winterize than pcm, and easier impeller changes too.

Still wanna see the wake, but if the wetted surface is twb23, pretty sure I know what to expect there.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-30-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
First of all I own an MB and I have to say that this one is the ugliest one I've seen. I don't like the new tower, it looks to boxy not enough curve to it. Also the swim step rubber should be a different color than black. Black gets way to hott in the summer. I'd like to change mine o white sometime this season.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2012, 11:27 PM Reply   
I would have to see the racks, bimini and mirror on the new tower to make final judgement.
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-31-2012, 6:30 AM Reply   
C'mon, any tower has got to be better than their last tower...!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-31-2012, 7:01 AM Reply   
Ok, i'm thinking black and red exterior with mainly tan interior with black accents. Will try for a black powdercoated tower with red/black speakers. Red LED lighting (If i can get it) and red trailer with black rims. thoughts?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-31-2012, 7:56 AM Reply   
Tower is better than their last one. If you want to complain about towers, go complain to Mastercraft and Natique...those boats have far uglier towers at a far higher price point.

I like the move to Indmar - hopefully they will offer the LSA in this boat, which would be a perfect match for it.

I like the interior and overall style as well. Not in love with the two piece sunpad (I prefer a 3 piece), but not a huge complaint. I don't think it is as good looking as the 24' offerings from Malibu and Supra, but this is a price point boat. It also has that wonderful gravity ballast that the others don't.
Old    mojo            03-31-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
Let me start by sayingive never been near an mb in reality, but I think they make a top notch boat. I love the interior shape and functionality. The pickle fork looks undeniably terrible. The dash sucks, and so does indmar. If you look how many have to go for warranty service it's insane. PCM all day everyday. I'm hoping they got a good price since mc stopped using indmar.
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-31-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Little off topic, but I saw that the new Sangers posted on onlyinboards have indmar motors in them too.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
Like that the pickles are more pointed and less platapus.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Prefer a three piece sundeck with an optional (flip-over) walkway in the middle.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
The dash looks unchanged. Would miss my tower mounted mirror that I like a lot.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Like the liftup observer seat.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
NOTICE the double pinched rear hull!

It's most narrow at the wakeboarding planing level. It's next most narrow at the surfing planing level.

This should help build the wake up. A wide boat with a narrow rear. Seems like a good idea.

I look forward to seeing the WAKES!
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-31-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Sik boat!! Looks huge
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-31-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
As I mentioned before I don't liek the following. the observers seat bottom has the red section wrap all the way around to the port side. It should flow into the red vinyl on the other seats. Just doesn't flow right in my opinion. Also, I drew that straight line to show how the red vinyl section should look like. The red section should be the same width around the entire interior. Those are minor complaints on my part. It looks like the seat width on the starboard side is not a straight line either. Would be better with a straight line as well.

I like the the 2 piece sun deck but think it would be the best if designed with 2 outer sections that you have to open to get to the engine compartment lid and make a walkthrough right down the middle of the engine cover. Then have some sort of cushion that can be snapped in there or that hinges up to open the walkway.

One other question I have is, is this boat really any bigger then the 23TWB as far as interior space goes. It doesn't look really any bigger inside. Definetatly outside though but not sure why anybody would want abigger boat outside without gett more space inside. They did a little better with this then the 23 tomcat but it still looks like a 23 foot hull with a picklefork section that adds a foot.

Is there 4 speakers in teh cabin or just the 2 that are angled back? If so not a big fan as it would be nice to have another set of speakers in those side cutouts that are towards the stern but are angled forward. Then a standard boat would have 4 total speakers in the boat. 2 in the rear of those cutouts facing forward and 2 in the bow. Then as an option you could add another set that is where the pictures currently show.

One other thing that I ahve noticed about MB's that I am not a huge fan of is the shallow inside for how much freeboard the boat has. the seat bases are shallow and the seat backs are shallow. This boat looks to havve higher seat backs and seat bases so that is a good start. I would like to see them lower the floor a couple inches in their 21 and 23 TWB's and 21tomcat. Then in those 3 boats use the extra 2 inches of interior depth to make the seat bases an inch taller and the seat backs an inch taller. Obviously they would lose some stock ballast(no idea how much) but I think it would benefit MB to sacrafice a couple hundred pounds in ballast for better interior depth.

I am guessing this is still somewhat of a prototype and there could be some small changes.

Last edited by polarbill; 03-31-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-31-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
forgot the picture
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
sacrafice a couple hundred pounds in ballast for better interior depth
To each their own, but that is NUTS! No thank you!
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-31-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Like the liftup observer seat.
Really wish they could add this tom my 2012 23TWB.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-31-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
To each their own, but that is NUTS! No thank you!
I figured I would get that response on wakeworld. I wouldn't blame most on wakeworld to agree with you since wake is the msot important aspect. My view is more based off of how I would use the boat and how a large majority would. Even with only 1200-1500 pounds in the 21 footers the wake would be above what 75% or more of potential boat buyers would ever need but would make the more on par with others for interior depth. It really is amazing to me to see the MB's from the outside and see how much freeboard there is and then look at the inside and the depth is like most early to mid 2000's wakeboard boats. There is always the option for people that are really into the perfect wake to plumb in bags in the back and something in the front. speaking of I would ditch the batteries in teh walkthrough(I think this is a terrible place for them since it limits you to 2 group 24's or 27's) and make a ski locker or wakeboard locker there.

On the other hand it sounds like MB is at their full capicity as is and if they don't want to expand production why change. I just think most(not necessarily most wakeworlders) buy MB's because of their price point, quality and interior seating for the $$$$.

Here is one other question I have always wondered with MB's. Since the entire area pretty much outside of the stringers is where the purevert ballast goes where in the hell do they put foam flotation? Do MB's not have foam at all? Are they not nuetrally boyant? Will they sink to the bottom if swamped?
Old     (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-31-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Good points Bill, have to think price point is why most buy MBs, on Wakeworld or not.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
I am just not understanding your preoccupation towards interior depth.

I thought my BU VLX was plenty deep and I think the same for my MB TWB. It's just so far off my radar. It's a total non problem. IMO.

BTW, I am going to have a perfected wake with STOCK ballast plus some lead bags/bars sprinkled around. No moldy stinky bags, pumps and hoses for me.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-31-2012, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am just not understanding your preoccupation towards interior depth.

I thought my BU VLX was plenty deep and I think the same for my MB TWB. It's just so far off my radar. It's a total non problem. IMO.

BTW, I am going to have a perfected wake with STOCK ballast plus some lead bags/bars sprinkled around. No moldy stinky bags, pumps and hoses for me.
It probably isn't a huge deal overall and to some it probably is a complete non issue. In my opinion though they would probably appeal to more of the potential buying public if they had a deeper interior rather then having the perfect stock wake.

Compare a Mastercraft, Tige or Centurion interior to an MB, Nautique or Malibu. The first 3 are noticeably deeper inside which in my opinion makes them more comfortable and provides a significant amount more storage then the later 3 in their stock state. I know that you are going to say that with the MB though you don't have to add extra bags that take up storage to get a perfecct wake. My point is that 75%, if not closer to 90% of potential buyers dont' care about having the perfect advanced level wake. As far as wake goes they want a nice mellow wake that stays clean at slow speeds that the whole family can enjoy. That and they want the most family friendly boat(lots of comfortable seating, lots of storage and depth to keep the kiddos safe or at least the perception of being safer).

When I sold Mastercraft's and Centurions a few years ago guess what percentage of the boats I sold or potential customers for that matter really cared about the perfect, huge wakeboard wake. Probably less then 5% of potential customers.

Just for the record these small issues wouldnt' keep me from choosing an MB if I was buying. they are pretty small issues when looking at how much boat you get for the money. I would absolutely love to own an MB.

Last edited by polarbill; 03-31-2012 at 3:04 PM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2012, 3:41 PM Reply   
OK. I see your point Brett.

I find BU, CC and MB pretty comfy. I would only hope for more rear facing seating in BU/MB and more ergonomic seating in CC.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-31-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
What a great looking boat, I really like the new tower, so much better looking than the current MB swoop tower (or whatever they call it) . The current MB tower always looked dated to me, this new design looks updated and fits the contour of the boat. It is so nice not having front tower feet in your vision when driving the boat. The interior looks deep and comfortable, with tons of room. . The flip up observer seat is a great idea. No transom walk over for sun pad, but not a huge deal.

MB builds a nice boat, this will be a great addition to there current line up. Especially for those who want a huge boat for a large crew of people.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-01-2012, 3:13 AM Reply   
Kind of neat to see pics of this boat in the flesh. There was a time when I thought it would be my next one. Honestly, I think it turned out better than I even imagined. I really like the lines.

I agree with some others who question the size of the interior... is it really bigger than the 23 TWB? Looks to me like the extra length is in the forks and the sun pad. I spend a lot of time in a 23 TWB and it looks just like that. Maybe the pics are deceiving.

Gullwing observer seat is a big improvement that is long overdue. I also noticed that drop in carpet is now one piece instead of two. That's nice. The fewer seams the better!

I love the transom seat... really wide and a unique shape that I haven't seen on other boats. I also like how their is SeaDek covering that seat. The F21's and TWB 21's don't have any SeaDek in there and it's positively treacherous with slippery feat. I ranted about this to MB all summer long, but they never did anything about it and still sell the 21 footers this way

MB has been hinting about Indmar engines since last Spring. If you go back and read their FB site last year you'll see references to "the new heartbeat." I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now. Is this just an option? Or are they changing over completely from PCM? If so, there can only be one reason... better deal for MB. Just speculating here. Either way, I hope the 5.7L is not the standard for this beast.

The new tower looks cool... very G3 like. They need tower knobs cuz getting out the allen wrench every time you want to raise or lower it will be a pain. I hope the racks are better than the current Skylon racks. Also looking foward to seeing the bimini.

Kind of funny how MB scouped CC's failed webcast by 24 hours. I like this boat better than the G23 and it's appears bigger with same (or more) ballast for 1/2 the price.

Overall, this is a home run. Can't wait to see Ian's!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-01-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
Me neither
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-01-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
Nobody else is intrigued by rear of the boat? I believe it is very different from the other models.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-01-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
Ian what colors are you going with? You always do them up nice. Any hints?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-01-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
cool looking boat and look forward to seeing it in person. i think the indamar jump is a great move.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-01-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nobody else is intrigued by rear of the boat? I believe it is very different from the other models.
I commented on the unique transom seat. But you are right... The overall shape is very different. I like it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-01-2012, 7:14 PM Reply   
lol, show us the wake! Fancy transom seating and lit up logo are "cool" but meaningless if the wake isn't good.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-01-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
The new tower is certainly better looking, but I'll be interested to see if it's as rock solid as the old tower. Boat plan sounds sick, Ian. how about red underwater LED's?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-02-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
i really dig the stern, its very tige esque and thats a good thing.

props for building a sick boat guys.
i just dont dig the "bubbly" lines of the interior
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-02-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
Just do a solid black boat with a black tower and everyone will love it.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
This is what i'm thinking... tan and black interior. Would love to get all this powdercoated but not sure that will happen. Red LED"s inside and underneath. Black trailer with black rims.
Attached Images

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-02-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Let me start by sayingive never been near an mb in reality, but I think they make a top notch boat. I love the interior shape and functionality. The pickle fork looks undeniably terrible. The dash sucks, and so does indmar. If you look how many have to go for warranty service it's insane. PCM all day everyday. I'm hoping they got a good price since mc stopped using indmar.
Isnt PCM basically the exact same GM block as Indmar just uses different external components of the engine? I have read Indmars are much easier to work on (ie: impeller changes, winterization, etc). Are there any internal differences in the block between the two engines?

My last boat was Indmar - 243 hours flawless, and 146 hours on current Indmar with no issues at all. A good friend has 780 hours on his Indmar - never missed a beat.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
or white...
Attached Images

Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-02-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
Ian I like the white but I would make the mb white and the stripes black. Can't wait to see some real pictures and the wake.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-02-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
I like the white and red but would get rid of the black all together. In my opinion 4 colors is too many on a boat. I like jsut 2 different colors most of the time but a 3rd can be added in as an accent. If you could do all white and red with tan accents that would be cool. Change the black on the empblems to tan or make the MB emblem White. Something would have to be done to the windshield frame as well if it would be the only black on the entire boat.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
yeah, sorry.. didn't mean to have any black on there... forgot to change it back. The MB logo would be white and windshield the standard brushed aluminum.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-02-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
Here is a real quick mock up. This is much closer to the one you posted in the TXMC thread.
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
I was thinking the brown accent b/c I am going to do tan on the interior... I guess I could still do tan w/ black accents with the black stripe instead of the brown.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-02-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
I would go what you are thinking. No black at all. Take funky bunch's mock up but replace the black with brown/tan then do tan interior. I think I would do solid tan with no accents. Black accents wouldnt' follow the theme, red might look weird kind of. White piping might look ok though. In my dad's ocean alexander the flybridge cushions are tan with white piping and I like it.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-02-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
If you give me the original image I might be able to clean this up a lot more.
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-02-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
Just rode the 2012 F21 and the wake was SICK!!! I can't wait to see this boat... Or even better a demo to really see that wake up close.

Ian ~ This is going to be your sickest boat yet!!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
what about red accents on the tan? here is the original
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-02-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
what about red accents on the tan? here is the original
Red accents on the tan interior? I am not sure how that would look. Could look sick but I am not sure I have seen anything like it?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
I'm leaning to the black/red. Would be easier to match all around... here is some red/tan/black interior
Attached Images

Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-02-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Love it!!!! ^^^^
Old     (flaswaliba)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-03-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
x2 on the tan interior. That looks fantastic. I also really like the gel pattern on this boat. I wonder if MB will make it available on the other models. I definitely am liking the innovation coming out of MB these days.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-03-2012, 6:24 AM Reply   
Is it just me or does this boat make a lot more sense without the pickles? They seem like an afterthought from the profile view.

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-03-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
I would agree I am a tall guy (6'1") and was excited to se the MB for a future potential purchase. Very disappointed how low the seat bases are too the floor. Same issue I have with CC. Since I am the driver most the time comfort is a big deal none of us are gonna be on the pro tour so an XStar,230, or VLX wake is not number 1 of importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I figured I would get that response on wakeworld. I wouldn't blame most on wakeworld to agree with you since wake is the msot important aspect. My view is more based off of how I would use the boat and how a large majority would. Even with only 1200-1500 pounds in the 21 footers the wake would be above what 75% or more of potential boat buyers would ever need but would make the more on par with others for interior depth. It really is amazing to me to see the MB's from the outside and see how much freeboard there is and then look at the inside and the depth is like most early to mid 2000's wakeboard boats. There is always the option for people that are really into the perfect wake to plumb in bags in the back and something in the front. speaking of I would ditch the batteries in teh walkthrough(I think this is a terrible place for them since it limits you to 2 group 24's or 27's) and make a ski locker or wakeboard locker there.

On the other hand it sounds like MB is at their full capicity as is and if they don't want to expand production why change. I just think most(not necessarily most wakeworlders) buy MB's because of their price point, quality and interior seating for the $$$$.

Here is one other question I have always wondered with MB's. Since the entire area pretty much outside of the stringers is where the purevert ballast goes where in the hell do they put foam flotation? Do MB's not have foam at all? Are they not nuetrally boyant? Will they sink to the bottom if swamped?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-03-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Is it just me or does this boat make a lot more sense without the pickles? They seem like an afterthought from the profile view.

My thought exactly. It looks like a taller 23TWB that has some forks added on the end. One thing I have really noticed is MB hasn't figure out how to make a picklefork and actually make the added length of fork be useful. The Xstar and X45 have the step, ladder and acnchor storage. The X2 doesn't have the room for the ladder and storage but at least has a textured step. The new G23 Nautique has steps of some sort. They need to get over the idea that the forks need to be pronounced and protruding out an extra 6 inches plus. At least they aren't as long as the 23 tomcat. Those one's were ridiculous. Really all I see is a deeper 23 foot boat with extended forks.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-03-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
And as nautique (and moomba) have just shown, there's room for a "snub nose" in the market. No real need for the vanity pickles, especially where as here they serve no purpose. Shortening the boat up by a foot helps with storage too.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-03-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
The Supreme front end (flat scoop front) looks the best of all to me. Much better than the Mojo and G23 and far better than the "other" pickleforks out there.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-03-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Jeff, I like the look of the supreme as well. Nice and wide but not too long of wasted forks. Still doesn't have a textured step of any kind though which I don't like. In my personal opinon though the mastercraft pickleforks look the best and are the most functional.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-03-2012, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
And as nautique (and moomba) have just shown, there's room for a "snub nose" in the market. No real need for the vanity pickles, especially where as here they serve no purpose. Shortening the boat up by a foot helps with storage too.
Completely agree with you, Shawn. After having both a TWB and an F21, I don't really see the big deal about pickle forks. The F21 bow is wide, but it's much shorter than the TWB. Also, the forks are dangerous when towing. I doesn't take much of a turn (in reverse) to "picklefork" the back of your tow rig. Don't ask me how I know this...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-03-2012, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Completely agree with you, Shawn. After having both a TWB and an F21, I don't really see the big deal about pickle forks. The F21 bow is wide, but it's much shorter than the TWB. Also, the forks are dangerous when towing. I doesn't take much of a turn (in reverse) to "picklefork" the back of your tow rig. Don't ask me how I know this...
LOL, now THAT is funny!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-03-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Really? That is a huge design flaw, at least on the trailer tongue length if the forks can hit the back of your rig.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-03-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Really? That is a huge design flaw, at least on the trailer tongue length if the forks can hit the back of your rig.
I'm not making it up. I have a cracked tail light on my Denali to prove it. When it happened the sound was aweful. I cringed. To be honest, I considered myself lucky when I realized it was just a tail light.

Six months later and I still haven't fixed it. The light still works, but it's filled with moisture due to the crack.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-03-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
Ok guys, just got some specs on this boat from MB

Dash is 4" higher than the other models
Open bow is 9 3/4" longer, 3.5" wider and deeper than the 23TWB
The main cockpit is 3" wider, 3" longer and 4" deeper than the 23 TWB
The boat is a true 24 footer that utilizes the picklefork design with the funnel to enhance the ride in rough conditions.
The pickles are 3" longer than on the 21TC
102" beam, 4400 lbs.
75k with 6.0L motor and trailer
The boat has a new turning rail and it turns excellent, has a new keel line which allows the boat to get on plane much faster than the 23TWB (no need for a plate)
40 of these have been presold already.

He told me their TX dealer (that sells a ton of X45s) came out, demo'd the boat and immediately ordered 4 truckloads of them. Mike says the wake is very similar to the 23 TWB but the surf wake is much better. Boat is still not fully ready for production, but they are pulling the 3rd one out of the mold today and will run all three of them to make sure all is good, then production will start.

Anyway, i'm pretty pumped to get one, especially if the wakeboarding wake is 23TWB'ish and the surf wave is better!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-03-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
Always been amazed at how much more MB seems to be able to offer for the money over the competition. However their old tower and pickle form designed always looks ugly to me. While the forks on this boat are still ugly the new tower is vastly better looking than the old one. Overall this looks like a great boat and I hope to see one on the water in my area but I have only seen one MB so I doubt one of these will be out my way
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-03-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
Always been amazed at how much more MB seems to be able to offer for the money over the competition. However their old tower and pickle form designed always looks ugly to me. While the forks on this boat are still ugly the new tower is vastly better looking than the old one. Overall this looks like a great boat and I hope to see one on the water in my area but I have only seen one MB so I doubt one of these will be out my way
all of this
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-03-2012, 5:06 PM Reply   
What gell options are going to be available on these things?