Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-21-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
So this weekend the weather in MN was epic. We rode hard all weekend and had, "NEW TRICK DAY" on sunday. I started working the wrapped TS BS spins pretty hard and was having a blast. I can already spin TS BS 180 and 360 with a handle pass but wanted to add some steeze with the extra long grab from the wrap. I had a few break thoughs I hope to get them on film soon (RYAN TAYLOR THIS IS YOU QUE what are you doing all day tomorrow?). So I started with TS BS Japan 180s crazy fun, got them on lock. I moved to TS Nose BS 360s and got those on lock.

Here where I am in need of some tips if any ones got them, I started to try and spin wrapped TS BS 540. They are killing me, seriously I cannot even turn my head today. I just dont get it, ever single time I tried I got the rotation and the 2nd handle pass but would get a bit pitched forward and hook my TS edge and get totally Scorpioned to death. I tried like 10 of them before I had to hang it up for the day. I am trying to convince myself to not be scared of them.

I know someone out there is trying these, anyone got any tips at all. All I was getting from the boat is, "Dude Lean back more." Not very helpful at all. I have a feeling that I may have been spinning early but I seem totally on axis until the last 180, I even tried to put 2 of them down wrapped up w/o passing and it was even worse.

HELP!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-21-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
My buddy (where you at Alf?) has been trying lately to get everybody on the wrapped TS BS spinning bandwagon! He was able to learn the 1 and 3 relatively quickly and said they are a ton of fun. I guess I need to go find a wrap handle so I can get in on the action!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-21-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
Eubanks,

Honestly it is the funnest thing that I have learned on a wakeboard in a few years, on 180s you can grab and tweak the hell out of it!
Old    justinh            09-21-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
Andy, I'm with you on the wrapped TS BS 180-360. As long as I cruise in and pop nice and easy it is no problem. When I load it up to go big or for the 540 it goes hay-wire. I just can't hit the wake on edge w/o piking. I'm closer on the handle pass 5 (and I am not close on those I just haven't been killed on it yet).

No answers--just sympathy.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-21-2009, 2:48 PM Reply   
stoked to see your video. i always get stuck on 5's. 180's and 3's are way easier. still super hard to pop.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-21-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
Go bigger!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-21-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
today i had the pleasure of watching scotty313 nail a wrapped ts bs 3 behind my boat. maybe he will see this and chime in.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2009, 11:15 PM Reply   
Rileys infinate words of wisdom!!! But remember nintzel it doesn't count if it ain't grabbed. Hahahaha
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-22-2009, 6:58 AM Reply   
JR

HAHAHAHA that's funny I tried to grab the first few, I am all about learning the grab while learning the trick, but this one is killing ME!!!! I am going to try a bunch more tonight if this rain in MN holds off.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-22-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
I can do indie grab backside 3's. Haven't tried 5's and honestly don't really have a desire to!

I've had a couple of pretty bad falls over rotating but damn it's a nice feeling trick.
Old     (lfrider06)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Try and concentrate on more straight up pop. It gives you a little more time and a little less pull. I find that when think 5 I spin early and have to much line tension. Grab nose too, it looks sick and and the handle will be there as you come around for the pass.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
all of the spins i learned i learned by grabbing them. i struggled and struggled and struggled until i started trying to grab them. as my grabs got more solid i got closer and closer to landing them.

Joel D does the biggest ts bs wrapped spins i've ever seen...been doin them for years...

videos coming soon...

(Message edited by romes on September 22, 2009)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-22-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Big is good, I blast these are huge as I can. No reason not to that's whey you wrap it up!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-22-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
can't wait to see yours on film andy