Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-15-2010, 10:51 PM Reply   
So me and a couple of buddies loaded up after work today and headed down to the river to get some sets in. We have only been riding for a couple weeks and I was really trying to work on my heelside w2w's today. I had got to where I could get half to three quarters of the way and land them pretty consistently, but I was getting frustrated with not making if so I pretty much said "F it" and hit the wake as hard as I could.

Now I've had some pretty good slams in the past with catching an edge and stuff like that, but I've never taken a fall like I did today. I launched myself waaaay out into the flats but apparently had my weight too far forward and just never could get the board under me. I landed with the board nose first and basically cartwheeled through the water, or so it felt. I instantly felt my knee give and I thought I had blown an ACL for sure, and on top of that I felt like someone had dropped an anvil on my head.

As I sit here typing this probably 5 hours later, my knee has shown great improvement and no longer feel like I have any major injuries, just tweaked it pretty good. Don't get me wrong, it is very sore and I will be taking a few days off before strapping up again, but it's a relief that I don't have any major damage inside there. I'm still frustrated that I haven't nailed a w2w, but I think I may go back to working my way up to it instead of taking the "all balls" approach again ... Anyways, I just wanted to share my story with you guys. Anyone else with some major crash stories, I would love to hear them.