Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (mbl)      Join Date: May 2007       05-27-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Does anyone know of a place online (or a contact in the Midwest) where you can buy a Perfect Pass system at a discount price? I have a buddy here locally that can install if for cheap, and I haven't been able to find a place online that will sell the Wakeboard Pro system for less than $1,080. Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-27-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
the best you are goin to be able to do is find a group buy(maybe start one yourself) or find a used system on here in the classifieds or on ebay.. they do pop up frequently...

ends in two hours.. act fast...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perfect-Pass-Ski-Boat-Speed-Control-Slalom-Wakeboard_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31283QQihZ005 QQitemZ150124634555QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
skiertoskier.com is $1020, no tax, no shipping

I'd be careful buying a used one unless you know what you are doing. I bought a used one not realizing the servo cables are different sizes. Luckily the guy was willing to take it back. Also, don't buy a used one with the single line display unless it is super cheap. The new display is sweet.

(Message edited by etakk7 on May 27, 2007)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-28-2007, 5:47 AM Reply   
Tell me what the best price you find on PP is and I might be able to beat it.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-28-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Call around to some dealers in your area and ask if they have a used one they will sell you cheap. I bought a used one from my dealer for $500. It worked fine for a few weeks, but then started powering down when ever the boat was jarred from crossing back over the wakes when making a turn. I called Perfect Pass and told them what it was doing. They told me to ship it back to them and they would fix it for free. It's there now being fixed. The moral of the story is that buying used can be risky, but Perfect Pass is top notch in backing up their product, even if you are not the original owner.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-29-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
But, not every PP unit is the same. The throttle cables are totally different for a lot of engines and boats. If you do buy used, make sure that the throttle cable config will work for your boat. Also, if you have a new drive by wire boat, it will be different as well.
Old     (mbl)      Join Date: May 2007       05-29-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Thanks for all of the input. I'll probably go with a new unit, just to avoid potential headaches down the road, and I'll know that it works for my boat. (2001 Supra Launch SS) SkiertoSkier is the cheapest to date at $1,020. (Ouch)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-29-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
I could match that price too :-)
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-30-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
so what kind of deal can we get than on the sysetm. come on whats invoice, and I want dealer hold back
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-30-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
You saw my offer above 1020.00 shipped, no tax, with matching dials/bezels.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-30-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
OnlyInboards, you said that you might be able to BEAT (not match) the best price....so at $1,020, you can't beat that?
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-30-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
A grand even would be a good price. I paid $875 for mine off craigslist (new & unused). It had the wrong size gauge but PP exchanged it for the cost of shipping. Awesome tech support too. Installed in a cinch and works perfectly
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-31-2007, 5:37 AM Reply   
If you are really interested in getting a unit, pm me and we can talk pricing
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
Call PP and ask if they have a group buy pricing thats how I got mine they were super cool and didn't charge me shipping.