Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (maddogmike)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-07-2013, 7:09 AM Reply   
(I posted this in "Find A Third/Be A Third", but probably should have posted it here instead.)

Those in Atlanta, do you miss the old ATLwake forums? I know I do, and there is no other online venue that I know of for wakeboarding around Atlanta. So I created one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AtlantaWakeboarding/

It's an open group, so feel free to join if you live & ride around the metro Atlanta area. Should be a great place to post events, meet other wakeboarders on your lake, buy/sell stuff, share pics and videos and just discuss wakeboarding in general around the ATL.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-10-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
FWIW - I own a few related domain names... another member here and myself have already set up a forum for Georgia riders, but just never really got it off the ground.

If anyone is really interested - we can fire it up pretty easily.

And no.. nobody misses the ATLwake forums except the 6 or 8 people who were really active. WakeboardAtlanta is another story, though - before the management change over to atlwake it was great.
Old     (maddogmike)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-10-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
Yeah, I was considering starting up an Atlanta Wakeboarding forum, too. However, I've found that many interest groups like this have gravitated away from forums and more towards Facebook groups. I suppose if the FB group got big enough we could start up a dedicated site.

I don't know the whole history behind WakeboardAtlanta vs ATLwake. I do know that I was able to find helpful information on ATLwake when I was searching for a lake home. Either way, the main thing is I want somewhere to converse with other local riders and ATLwake / WakeboardAtlanta are gone, so, somebody had to do something.
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       11-10-2013, 12:43 PM Reply   
How does a transplant from Orlando without facebook get involved?

Is anyone still on the water?
Old     (maddogmike)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-10-2013, 5:03 PM Reply   
People without Facebook still exist? ;-) Unfortunately, all of the Atlanta - specific wakeboard forums are gone. So you're left with national forums like this, or join Facebook! You can always go to Terminus an meet fellow wakeboarders there.

Lows this week will be dipping below freezing, so most of us have winterized. I do know some hardcore guys who have engine block heaters, so they don't need to winterize. They can ride nearly all winter, at least on the warmer days. I'm too old for that ****!
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-11-2013, 3:43 AM Reply   
We're still riding! It actually wasn't that bad yesterday but this week it's gonna get pretty cold.

I usually use the find a third section on here or meet people through local connections but I joined the Facebook group yesterday and we're always open to ride with new people so we'll see where that goes
Old     (HighWater)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-11-2013, 5:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzz View Post
We're still riding! It actually wasn't that bad yesterday but this week it's gonna get pretty cold.

I usually use the find a third section on here or meet people through local connections but I joined the Facebook group yesterday and we're always open to ride with new people so we'll see where that goes
Get to work fool!
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-12-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
Schmo and I rode last weekend.. water is still high 60's (maybe not after this week).. but we're getting close to done for the season.

Yes, there's still LOTS of people who don't do facebook (like anyone who actually reads their TOS) so a forum is a good idea.

I've already got it set up... let me know and I can make sure it's ready to go, patched up and I can fire it up.
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       11-12-2013, 4:38 PM Reply   
My wife just joined the facebook group for me but I'd rather be a part of a forum.

Its freezing here! But I'd ride tomorrow given the chance.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-12-2013, 4:44 PM Reply   
There is one in Charlotte also, Charlotte Area Wakeboard, close enough to do some crossover if in the area, met some great guys through it
Old     (maddogmike)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-12-2013, 4:46 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'd like to see a local forum, too. I was going to start one myself, but I'm too busy right now. Starting up the FB group was an easy, stopgap measure.

Would be cool to have a forum with a different section for each lake ... make it easier to meet other riders on the same lake. What part of town are you in, Seaman?
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-13-2013, 12:30 PM Reply   
Well.. if you want me to fire it up... it's just sitting there waiting. I can set up sections for the various lakes (lanier, toona, oconee) and whatever.

Let me know.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-13-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
OK.. I fired it up. Feel free to go create an account and lets get the community started.

http://www.wakeboardgeorgia.com
Old     (nautiqu13)      Join Date: Dec 2000       11-13-2013, 6:37 PM Reply   
I'm temporarily in Alpharetta, work in Roswell, but maybe be moving a bit south after the new year.

Don't have a boat yet but have a ton of gear, knowledge, boat driving skills, gas cans, and lack of fear of cold water (for a Floridian.)

Joining the forum now, thanks!
Old     (maddogmike)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-13-2013, 7:32 PM Reply   
Derek, I'm from central Florida, too (Ocala). Welcome to Atlanta ... Georgians aren't so bad after all!

Mark, when you set up the sections for each lake, please include one for Jackson!
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-14-2013, 4:45 AM Reply   
Mark and I are both from the north end of Lanier between Cumming and Gainesville. Lots of good water up this way. Frequently we are looking for other riders during the year.

We both have boats (almost identical twins that were delivered on the same day earlier this year). Maybe we can meet some of you next year (or the remainder of this year if we get some good days before the water gets too cold).

\https://www.dropbox.com/s/81e0e6t6s6hr5xo/IMG_5135.JPG

Last edited by schmo; 11-14-2013 at 4:48 AM.