Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-27-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
There's been soooo many posts of Centurion Enzos only being good on one side. Well we are goofy and have the Right Surf for the true goofy wave. Apparently our boat has some troubles which need to be fixed so we had to use a regular Centurion Enzo for a few weeks. We have now dialed in the regular Enzo to create as good a goofy wake as our right surf goofy Enzo. Actually it's pretty simple. All it needs is a Enzo build in Fat Sack plus two Fat Buddy sacks in the starboard rear corner and another enzo sack, filled as much as possible, on the starboard back seat. Swichtblade at zero or 1. I'm really happy with this set up, just as good as our right surf enzo, real clean and lots of push, maybe a tad steeper. This is with no people weight though.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2011, 3:05 PM Reply   
So you are saying roughly 3k in ballast to make a clean wave?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-27-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
Simple solution just add a $5,000 SB, right. That was never an option for me. I tried everything (affordable) under the sun and never had anything but a crappy goofy wake. Both of my kinds are goofy riders. The Enzo goofy wake was a huge disappointment.

I think goofy wake is more rea$onably improved with a wakeplate. I think the problem with the Enzo is that it dog tracks too hard to one side. Adding drag at the stern reduces the amount of dog track and improves the wake. The SB or a wake plate both put drag at the back center of the boat and I believe reduce the dog track.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-27-2011, 3:13 PM Reply   
Also, I've heard that the Right Surf prop provides better results on both sides than normal proping. I've never really had the time an opportunity to experiment with a Right surf Prop to see for myself.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
All my boats, Tige 24v, Centurion Avalanche c4 produced better goofy waves then regular in my opinion.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-27-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Weight a minute, are you saying 2 full enzo sacks, PLUS 2 fat buddy sacs, to make up the goofy weight? Thats like 1500+ lbs more weight on the goofy side to get it as good as regular? Thats a lot of extra weight. I know I took flack for saying it could take as much as 1000 extra pounds.

Anyway, I am curious, is that right?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-27-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
I may be wrong but Rebecca has a 24ft Enzo aka Enzo SV240 not a SV230 which Show had.

The goofy wave will be different from the SV230 Enzo vs the SV240 Enzo. Trim tab needs to be set at full for goofy not sure about a switchblade equipped Enzo. Towanza probably has the best info on the Enzo SV240 goofy wave with trim tab and pictures to prove it.

Last edited by packrat; 06-27-2011 at 6:02 PM. Reason: Content
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-27-2011, 7:30 PM Reply   
I had a 230 with a fixed/manual trim tab.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2011, 9:02 AM Reply   
This topic always makes me laugh. Does it take the trim tab all the way down and about 500lbs more in weight, yes but the wave is awesome. The Supreme 226 has the same issue. All you need to do is go to Wake9 and look at last years NW comp for the Enzo and this years Wake 9 Fest for the 226.

Reality, there are a lot of boats that have nice waves.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       06-28-2011, 9:11 AM Reply   
@jkw read the first post . She says it needs an additional 1500+ pounds to make a clean wake. That is what Becci is saying. No one brought up V226. I can assure you that the Supreme doesn't need any additional weight than what was used on the other side to make a great wake but that is not the discussion here.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-28-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
@NW last year, I was clearly told it took 1000 more lbs, not 500. At our event, and previous events, I think they used a different wake plate setting on the 226 from reg to goofy, but weight was basically the same, Dennis would know, he weights the boats for the event. Believe me, I am always in "friendly competition" mode with Grant @ CMS re: RZ2 vs 226. If the 226 took a bunch of extra weight on the goofy side, I would want to know so I could razz him. ;-)
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
@NW last year, I was clearly told it took 1000 more lbs, not 500. At our event, and previous events, I think they used a different wake plate setting on the 226 from reg to goofy, but weight was basically the same, Dennis would know, he weights the boats for the event. Believe me, I am always in "friendly competition" mode with Grant @ CMS re: RZ2 vs 226. If the 226 took a bunch of extra weight on the goofy side, I would want to know so I could razz him. ;-)
at ragboy: 1,000lbs for a comp wave, you dont need that for a weekend warrior wave. I can run the trim tab all the way down, a custom 1600lb sac and 750lbs of people/sacs and get a nice clean wave out of an Enzo on the goofy side.

@Dennis: not what I have heard about the 226 (and was not bashing it), but either way it is a great wave IMO.

Not bashing any boat or trying to start a pissing contest. I just have seen it on several Enzo boats. If I was bashing, I would wonder why anybody would pay $75K for a 22 ft boat when you can get a comparable (or arguably better) wave out of other 22ft boats for $20K less But, I guess that is why they have several different boat brands - so everybody has a boat that fits their taste.
Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-28-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Packrat is right we do have the 24 ft Enzo. We had the switchblade but didn't use it cause it causes too much spray on the 'wrong' side, setting it on 1 helps if the weight itself is not enough. With two fat buddies (150lbs each) plus built in enzo sack (1500 lbs) plus one enzo sack on the starbord seat ( approx 700 lbs) the wake is insane, we just had the driver plus a kid sitting wherever. Good enough for airs and reverses and whatever. And def better than most other boats I've been on. On my AIRBAZE Concord I developed so much speed on that boat I hit the boat a few times cause I'm not used to that amount of speed, guess I just have to learn to transform that into air I was close landing 720's. I'm still happy when we get our right surf enzo back that only needs the enzo sack and the switchblade to make it perfect, saves so much gas not having to use that amount of ballast. Most boats I've been on always even on the good side need a ton of ballast, the enzo doesn't on the good side, that's what I like.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-28-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
^^^ So basically 2,200 ballast (1,500 Enzo sac and 700 Enzo sac) plus 600lbs people (driver, kid and 2 "water" people) = 2,800lbs. Not much more that what I run in my Avy (1,400lbs custom sac, 155lbs on transom, 250lbs center tank, 750lbs of people/water = 2,550).

I have yet to understand why some people get so stuck on the fact that you cant run the same set up on the both sides. IMO the only important thing is to know what set up work on each side and whether or not it (1) is safe and (2) works for your crew.
Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-28-2011, 11:40 AM Reply   
yep you're right. One third of the vent was under water but we sealed it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-28-2011, 11:40 AM Reply   
700 lbs extra on goofy is not same setup on both sides. But either way, that makes more sense. Another Enzo sac on the seat sounded like an additional 1500 lbs, which would seem a bit nuts.

@rebecca sounds fun, its raining here and driving me nuts. Post some pics. ;-)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-28-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
x2! Post some pics
Old     (Becci_)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-03-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
check these two out me and my bro riding the regular enzo goofy side
Attachment 15218
Attached Images