Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-23-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Why do you choose the recoil over the response? How much more pop dose one have over the other, Is it really that much of a difference?

Also why the D2 over the PBs? Are the D2 higher than the PB or do you just like a really stiff boot, How much stiffer are they? I know after a couple of rides boots tend to start flexing and moving alot more do the D2 lose some of there stiffness?

Thanks
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-24-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
Also do the boots fit really tight cause I have wide feet?
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
The Response is a killer freeride board that goes into the flats well and has more of a snowboard feel to it. In which the continuous rocker gives you more flex to butter/tweek out your rails grinds with. If you want to go huge, go with the Response. Learn out to load with it and you will pop to the moon!

The Recoil Pops like a skate, fast and crisp. I like the Recoil because i like that instant pop from wake to wake or kick tricks in the flats. Also i think it is easier to load and pop with it since it has the 3 stage rocker.

Note with both boards: Fins make a difference!

Small fins- Faster,looser, Sits lighter

Larger fins- Sits deeper, more solid, better edge hold.

No Fins- Rails,butters, and pure fun...

Pick the right fin for the best ride!

Slingshot Boots-

07's are not as tight, so you should have no problems with size but the 08 boots super clean and have cut weight and size off of them. So just like a snowboard boot make sure you go to a local Slingshot dealer and get fitted. That is the best way to get the size your looking for. Once you pick one you can heat them up; but I have done this with other boots "snowboard" and have trouble because they get to big because of the heating process and then they don't fit. So if you have a big foot maybe don't heat them up and just let them wear in to your foot.

This should answer your questions but if you have any more please feel free to contact me anytime at c.schey@slingshotsports.com

Cheers

FlexNwake

Slingshot
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
D2's are ur freeride wake to flats killer.

PB's are your park/rail boot.

but its up to you and what best fits your riding style.

I would go with the D2's for stiffness but take out the inner liners for a little more flex in my boot.

The bottom line is your have options with what you have. So tune them up to your standards.

(Message edited by flexnwake on October 24, 2007)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-24-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
what's a kick trick?
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
Flat 3's or 180's in the flats or anything else u can come up with. I know there are names for them but thats just my lingo.
Old     (pimp131)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-24-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
by flat 3's do you mean on axis 360s? "Anything else you can come up with"? thats awfully vague.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-24-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
Joe, that's what cha gotta do when b*tch don't hab yo money or she be talkin' sh*t.
Old     (txadam)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-24-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
I think by "kick tricks" he means ollie tricks. Like ollie 180's or 3's out in the flats. I guess?
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-24-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
I tried a slingshot and it was very snowboard like. It was good I just had to get used to the new type of ride, right now I am riding a One. Slingshot and their boards have definitely opened some eyes to what a wakeboard is like and how they can ride.

Wait till you see Josh Smith's part in OverFlo Films "Authentic" he is doing nose press backside 3's and making it look like he is on a snowboard on the delta water. I want to see it again
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 2:36 PM Reply   
ya, kick tricks. ollie tricks with a kick to it...
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-24-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
Hey do anyone know when the 08 Slingshot boards will be ready to be purchased?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-24-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
good to hear the insites thanx for posting jruss and flexnwake and everyone else
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
They should be shipping pretty soon.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-24-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Is Josh Smith riding for Slingshot? They are picking up some really stylish riders for their team and he seems like a good fit for them.
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
not sure
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 10:27 PM Reply   
so you can put any boot on the 08 boards right?
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-24-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
Yeah they have the 4 hole and the standerd wake binding holes
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-24-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
word yo, might have to demo me one uh dem boards ...Are the landings noticeably softer?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-25-2007, 5:10 AM Reply   
I thought so. Here are some pics behind a loaded 210.

Upload
Upload