Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2007, 11:00 PM Reply   
Is the grinch winch the only way to go? Is there a cheaper alternative?
Old     (premier135rider)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-15-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
my freind and I make winches over here in SC and sell them for a good bit less than the grinch and we are told they pull better than them. But im guess that the shipping cost to AZ might be expensive....
Old     (jsimpson7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-15-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
www.winch-skating.com or www.wakeskating.com

I am building a winch right now. There is a guy named Jeff Knox who is the expert. Go to these sites, and if you look hard enough, you can find plans, sizes, shapes, tips, etc.

(Message edited by jsimpson7 on August 15, 2007)

(Message edited by jsimpson7 on August 15, 2007)
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-15-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
adam, how much are you selling them for? Do you guys have a website?
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-15-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
The only way to go is to order a Released Winch. The winches are made with all aluminum, have disengaging spools, and can be modified from 6.5 hp to 9 hp. Prices start at $1350.00. Here are some pics... Some things are up on our site, but most orders end up being custom, so only thing you can take from these pics are the frame styles.

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
kland@bulletlines.com
www.bulletlines.com
www.wakeboarding-winch.com

This is my personal winch
Upload

This winch is not complete
Upload

This is the prerunner look
Upload

(Message edited by bulletlines on August 15, 2007)
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
will the 6.5 hp do water starts?
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-16-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
A 6.5 hp with TAV can deep water start up to a 190 lb rider. A 9 hp motor with TAV can deep water start up to a 350 lb rider.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Ok awesome, I saw that Bulletlines sells some of the parts, I really wanna build my own tho. Do you know of any sites where i can buy the TAV (torgqu-a-verter right?)? Any guess on the price?

And for gearing, you guys use bike sprockets right?
Old     (ollieshuvitz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-16-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
http://winchskating.com/

i'd recommend go-kart chains, number 35 and up.

for the TAV, northerntool.com. $180+. you can deep water a 200lbs guy with a 5.5hp if you make the right mods and know what your doing. otherwise, i'd say go with a 6.5 hp and TAV. make sure you build the frame to take the TAV though!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
Ken, so I can order a full winch from bulletlines? I was looking a while back and thought you had run out of engines.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
Nope! We have them. Just give me a call, and let me know what you want.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-17-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Ken, I noticed you have Bret and Tom as your favorite riders...do you ride at TSR a lot?
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
Yes, I stop by the cable now and then. We are Bret Littles rope sponsor. I have been watching Tom for years now: we are hoping to be Tom's rope sponsor next season.

Both Bret and Tom are very young riders, and will progress far beyond their current riding. Bret is already probably the best wakeskate rail rider in the world right now, and Tom is probably the best wakeboard rail rider in the world. To top it off: both are really cool guys who just like to ride.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-18-2007, 12:26 AM Reply   
like to ride....and drink! lol-jk...kind of

you're right though Bret and Tom kill it...generally I think wakeskating is boring to watch, but every time Brett is on the board I stop to watch in amazement.