Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-01-2013, 11:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brearly_Mason View Post
When you tested the X-Star how did the gas station that you were towing behind it affect the wake? I remember on Mitch's a full tank lasted us half a day...
Haha, I have never had so much fun running out of gas at the lake! I remember you inviting those two 18 year old chics on the boat and telling there boyfriends there was no room for them. i couldn't stop laughing
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-04-2013, 8:57 AM Reply   
Big thanks to Craig for having me and Curt out on his new Shambu last Saturday. I had an awesome time getting to know him and his fiancee. I have to say the wake behind his boat is the biggest I have ever seen in person. I rode terrible but had a great time.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-04-2013, 4:27 PM Reply   
Note to self: Don't drink heavily with Craig & his fiancé. Some side affects may include disorientation, pushing Coon in the water,
seeing Coon all over 5 pound poodle looking dog

Dogs begging for food and booze.

Do not drive under these circumstances, as you will pass out at your house and wake up at 9pm. With a hangover and a great "sun tan".

Thx for the booze cruise Craig!
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-07-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. We had a great time too and will def have to do again. That pic of Charlie with those tired eyes is great
Thanks for all your help unloading camping stuff with us and my bum knee
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-12-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
I will be at canyon this weekend if anyone will be around
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-12-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
shouldnt you be in Africa??
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-12-2013, 11:18 AM Reply   
That's next month
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-12-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
Trying to plan but may be out fri night and all day Saturday. Prob going to camp if works out. Weather is gonna be too good to pass up
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-12-2013, 6:52 PM Reply   
I'd be down for meeting up with you for a quick ride late Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning??? I'm dying to hit that wake in good water conditions. I'll pitch in for Gas, help drive, clean up etc...

Curt do you want me to mail you your check or hit you up the next time we ride?

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Bring a check book along when you ride with Curt. He won't accept anything MORE or less than the exact amount to the cent needed to cover your share of the gas.
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-12-2013, 10:18 PM Reply   
Happy to give a pull. Sat morn may be best because wont get out till after work fri. My knee isn't ready for wakeboarding but may give surfing a try
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-12-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
I'd be down for meeting up with you for a quick ride late Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning??? I'm dying to hit that wake in good water conditions. I'll pitch in for Gas, help drive, clean up etc...

Curt do you want me to mail you your check or hit you up the next time we ride?

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Bring a check book along when you ride with Curt. He won't accept anything MORE or less than the exact amount to the cent needed to cover your share of the gas.
Life isn't fair, but i try to keep everything as fair as possible on the MormonBu. Even if that means I'mgetting over paid for gas.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-12-2013, 10:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraighughes View Post
Happy to give a pull. Sat morn may be best because wont get out till after work fri. My knee isn't ready for wakeboarding but may give surfing a try
Have you hooked up the plug n play yet? My bad foot has been swelling up again and I'm having to.just surf for the time being
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-12-2013, 10:34 PM Reply   
No haven't hooked up the bags yet. Sad to say but on first glance I don't understand how they hook into the plug n play lines. Was gonna have them put in at first service
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-12-2013, 10:44 PM Reply   
Looks like I may be coming out of the cave that is, Northern Arizona University, and making an appearance at saguaro on friday!
Hows the water temp? Anyone else gonna be out there?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-12-2013, 11:04 PM Reply   
Joe? You're still alive?!?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-14-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Joe? You're still alive?!?
To the surprise of many, I AM! Just been lurking around on WW
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-15-2013, 11:19 PM Reply   
Well, made it out there today, was on the water for about 20 minutes and the impeller went. Knew I shoulda put the new one in....but my eagerness got the best of me.... Rookie mistake. Anyone make it out there today? Hoping to go out early next week.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-17-2013, 7:13 PM Reply   
This Weekends Motto Was.. Smoking Deal!!

Old     (craigbrown)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-22-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
anyone going out to wake-board Saturday afternoon?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-22-2013, 4:53 PM Reply   
not Me At Least. I Have A Honey DO List And My Fresh Air Exhaust To Install On The MormonBu
Old     (craigbrown)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-22-2013, 4:53 PM Reply   
Do it Sunday! lol
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-22-2013, 5:01 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Sorry BUt I Kinda Already Started The Install. Maybe Coon Can drag Out His Steelers Stripped Nautique..
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-22-2013, 11:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hahaha! Sorry BUt I Kinda Already Started The Install. Maybe Coon Can drag Out His Steelers Stripped Nautique..
The forecast is 30mph wind tomorrow. I think I'll sit this one out....
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2013, 1:55 AM Reply   
what SiTe Do You Use To Track The Winds?
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-23-2013, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
what SiTe Do You Use To Track The Winds?

http://www.findlocalweather.com/pinp...ent449856.html
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
Awesome SitE For Saguaro Weather Forecasts, Thx Coon
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-23-2013, 6:57 PM Reply   
Ya that site is pretty accurate. I am always checking it if I think there's a chance I'll be riding.

Anyone make it out today? How were the conditions?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2013, 11:08 PM Reply   
I'm.Gonna Be Out There Tomorrow Morning
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-24-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
Ladies And Gentleman, If The Air temp Is Above 70°. You Can Retire YouR Wetsuits OR dry Suits!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-24-2013, 8:23 PM Reply   
guysguysguysguys someone come up to lake mary... the ice might be melted....
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-24-2013, 10:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
guysguysguysguys someone come up to lake mary... the ice might be melted....
You Mean You want Me To Unpack My Wetsuit And Possibly Go ice Fishing?! Leave It To beaver...
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-24-2013, 10:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
You Mean You want Me To Unpack My Wetsuit And Possibly Go ice Fishing?! Leave It To beaver...
How about some Ice Winching!?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-24-2013, 10:45 PM Reply   
Dude When Are You Just Gonna Graduate And Return To The East Valley?
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-25-2013, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm.Gonna Be Out There Tomorrow Morning
Photographs?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-25-2013, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dude When Are You Just Gonna Graduate And Return To The East Valley?
Graduation is in May!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-26-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencercoon View Post
Photographs?
No Photos This Time, You Guys Are Probably Getting Tired Of All Pics I Post Anyhow..
Old     (mesamc)      Join Date: May 2002       03-26-2013, 9:30 PM Reply   
Nice to meet you Sunday Curt.

Here is a link to the weather station next to the Sheriff Office, we use this to know what the winds are.

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/dro...ct=&time=LOCAL
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-27-2013, 10:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamc View Post
Nice to meet you Sunday Curt.

Here is a link to the weather station next to the Sheriff Office, we use this to know what the winds are.

http://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/dro...ct=&time=LOCAL
Hey Scot! Great Meeting You And Your Malibu Crew On Sunday! That Web Link Is pretty Confusing, Where Are The Forecasts Or does It Only Tell The Current Conditions
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-28-2013, 1:46 PM Reply   
DC - how is the FAE? I am supposed to get mine sometime next week. I heard people are ditching the standard hose clamp for T-bolt hose clamps.

Also - check out the app for iPhone called Wind Alert (maybe android as well). It connects to the local weather stations. I have it set for all of the lakes and some towns. The best part is it has wind forecasts for the next 7 days. Makes planing trips easier.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-28-2013, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySki View Post
DC - how is the FAE? I am supposed to get mine sometime next week. I heard people are ditching the standard hose clamp for T-bolt hose clamps.

Also - check out the app for iPhone called Wind Alert (maybe android as well). It connects to the local weather stations. I have it set for all of the lakes and some towns. The best part is it has wind forecasts for the next 7 days. Makes planing trips easier.
The Install for The Fiberglass Platform And Manual Malibu Wedge made It A PITA, But In The End It Was worth All the Cussing During The Job. next To My ProP Upgrade and Stereo Upgrade, This Is One My Favorite Add ons! If You Have any Questions About The FaE, feel free To text Me.

I Do Have The app Wind alert And Wind Finder, But On A Few Outings I Have Found Them To Be Pretty Inaccurate.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-28-2013, 4:37 PM Reply   
So FarThe Regular hose Clamps Work When You Use A 5/16 socket To Tighten All Of Them Down.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-28-2013, 9:49 PM Reply   
This Is What The FAE looks Like With The Manual Wedge

Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-29-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
^ Won't the water rip that thing off at speed?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-29-2013, 7:54 AM Reply   
If You Look just Under The swim Platform You Can See A Steel Rod going Across And connected To The platform brackets. That Is What Pushes It Down From Being Pulled Up. And Was The Hardest Thing To Install
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-31-2013, 9:56 AM Reply   
Anyone know where I can get an impeller for a 6.2 mercruiser on a Sunday? Had a minor complication yesterday at saguaro and we want to go again today.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-31-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
Anyone know where I can get an impeller for a 6.2 mercruiser on a Sunday? Had a minor complication yesterday at saguaro and we want to go again today.
Sorry Raf, I called the Guys With Action But All Of Them are Home With There Families For Easter. looks Like You Will Have To tow That boat Back To The Beach Again. or Just Pile Everyone Onto Your supra..
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-31-2013, 8:39 PM Reply   
Hope You Guys had A Fun Easter, Not sure If RaF Or Anyone Went Out Today, but We Did... From About 1200 - 330 AM!!
Sorry That The Pictures Are hazy It Was The Middle Of The Night..

Midnight Booze Cruise!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-31-2013, 8:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hope You Guys had A Fun Easter, Not sure If RaF Or Anyone Went Out Today, but We Did... From About 1200 - 330 AM!!
Sorry That The Pictures Are hazy It Was The Middle Of The Night..

Midnight Booze Cruise!

Guys, CURT KNOWS GIRLS!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-31-2013, 9:05 PM Reply   
ha, What's That Supposed To Mean? Just Cuz I'm married Doesn't Mean I Don't Have Female Friends..
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-31-2013, 9:36 PM Reply   
I live in the engineering building...

Old     (Brearly_Mason)      Join Date: Nov 2012       04-01-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
When Durty Curt use to roll with Ryan on his SAN he would bring at least two new chics on the boat every Saturday. That boat was always full of ladies, and different ones almost every Saturday. He would get them naked and play with in the mud. Durty knew how to get all the chics.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-01-2013, 8:21 PM Reply   
Yeah we got some weird looks towing the boat away from the docks and back to the beach, but that boat did have the beerpong supplies so we couldn't leave it behind.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-01-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brearly_Mason View Post
When Durty Curt use to roll with Ryan on his SAN he would bring at least two new chics on the boat every Saturday. That boat was always full of ladies, and different ones almost every Saturday. He would get them naked and play with in the mud. Durty knew how to get all the chics.
Hey Now, That mud Was Therapeutic! B Itches Be Paying good Money In Scottsdale For That Stuff.. hey Look I'm A Black Man!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-07-2013, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
ColeSki, You Were Right! Upgrading To The T bolts From The Regular hose Clamps Was A Big Difference! I Had Noticed That My FAE Had Moved A couple of Millimeters. Couldn't Really synch The Old hose Clamps Anymore As they Felt Like they Would snap. I Ended Up Going To NapA And Doing Some research On Which OnesTo Go With. These T Bolts Are Awesome! I Can Synch The Crap Out Of These Without feeling Like They're Gonna Break! Thx!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-07-2013, 5:06 PM Reply   
The Part Number which Is also The Size You Will Want To Get CoLe

Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-07-2013, 8:04 PM Reply   
Awesome. I have some waiting for me at O' Reilly's. I just got my FAE Friday. This thing looks like a real pain to install. I am so close to getting my major ballast upgrade done, not really looking forward to starting another project.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-07-2013, 8:29 PM Reply   
yeah When I Opened The Boxes. I Had The Are You "Friggin" Kidding Me Face. hit Me Up If You Want My Help Installing The System(My # Is Up On This Page). the Instructions helped But When It Comes To Cutting And hacking ForThe support Bracket, You Kinda Make Up Your Own Instructions
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-08-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
Thanks, I will let you know. I will probably start it next week after I test the ballast.
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-09-2013, 3:03 AM Reply   
Anyone gonna be out in fri? I should have a large crew on saguaro
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-09-2013, 5:38 AM Reply   
Only at the launch ramp for me.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-09-2013, 7:18 AM Reply   
I'll be Workin. I'm Gonna Be Up at Canyon This Entire Weekend Also. How'sThe Knee Doing?
Old     (rcraighughes)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-12-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
Pretty good. Starting biking and running last week so is say about 90 percent there. I'm gonna give boarding a try for first time so we will see
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-14-2013, 10:34 AM Reply   
DC - Thanks for the part number, but I have a single 4" exhaust tip. I went with the 705-1538 part number. My guess is you have dual exhaust right? Do you have dual 3" exhaust? I got everything done yesterday. I think the rubber hose was a little short, so Larry is sending me another longer one. Once I get that I will cut the polls and put the clamps on.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-14-2013, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
DC - Thanks for the part number, but I have a single 4" exhaust tip. I went with the 705-1538 part number. My guess is you have dual exhaust right? Do you have dual 3" exhaust? I got everything done yesterday. I think the rubber hose was a little short, so Larry is sending me another longer one. Once I get that I will cut the polls and put the clamps on.
Yes Mine Is A ThRee Inch Dual Exhaust (I Think) But Where My Dual Exhaust Connects Into A Single Down pipe It's Slightly Larger In Diameter So I Had To Buy 705-1536 To make That Around.

It's Pretty Windy Here Today At Canyon Lake, We Just Got back To The Houseboat From WakeSurfing 15 Minutes Ago.

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-14-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
We also Saw Little Ahren Out There Wakeboarding Behind "Casper". The friendliest G, The Friendliest G Two-three You Ever Did See!

Old     (mesamc)      Join Date: May 2002       04-21-2013, 6:40 PM Reply   
Curt, grabbed a pic this morning. I have the sequence if you want it.
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-21-2013, 8:06 PM Reply   
Ha! I Had No Idea You Were Taking Photos When You Were stopped By The Reeds. I Guess I Was focusing On The upcoming chop. sure, You Can Send Them My Way Dcfuego68@Aol.com Towards The End Of Our Day (10Am) I Kept An Eye Out For your Boat To Chat With Ya.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
But Seriously Do You Camp Out There every Weekend? Cuz Every Early Bird SetI've Done I Have Seen Your Cabin Cruiser Anchored Out There
Old     (mesamc)      Join Date: May 2002       04-23-2013, 9:13 PM Reply   
We are out there almost every weekend. Depending on what is going on we either anchor out or stay in the slip. We should be out this weekend.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2013, 10:00 PM Reply   
Are You Gonna Be staying The Night Up There Say... This Friday Night?
Old     (mesamc)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2013, 9:35 PM Reply   
Not this Friday, going out sometime Sat and staying till Sunday evening.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
Guys, CURT KNOWS GIRLS!
Well Joe, these Friday Night Pics Are For You!

The Freaks Come Out at Night! (Whodini)
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-28-2013, 10:16 PM Reply   
This Friday (May 3Rd) Anyone Not Working wanna Ride?
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-30-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
Why is the first letter capitalized on every word you type DC!
I think it's worse than caps lock
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-30-2013, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeandsnow27 View Post
Curtis has a neurological disorder that causes him to do that. It isn't something he can control and he's pretty sensitive about it. He makes excuses now and then and blames it on his phone. Just be nice and accept his excuses
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2013, 4:40 PM Reply   
Who was out on Monday at saguaro? I was out testing and saw a few boats out there.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2013, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeandsnow27 View Post
Its This new Droid Update On My phone That Makes typing Online A Real Pain.
ooh Ya, And Happy Belated Birthday Ty!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-30-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who was out on Monday at saguaro? I was out testing and saw a few boats out there.
I Would Have Been Out There But Couldn't Get A CreW Together. How Did The TeSts Go?
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-30-2013, 9:13 PM Reply   
Went great. Got the new auto fill ballast system done including x-link. Like the new place I put my trim switch. FAE was great, and I like my new mirror. Burned a bunch of gas just driving around making sure the FAE wasn't going to fall off. Weather was great just below 100 and water temp was 75. It was a good day.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-30-2013, 9:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
This Friday (May 3Rd) Anyone Not Working wanna Ride?
Hi Curtis! My son Dima now in flight to AZ and he will glad ride with. Do you have the same phone number?