Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-27-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
I finally installed my Rev10 LED rings with the opaque grills. Running wires through the Alpha Z tower is no joke. Maybe I had too many beers at that point or maybe it was because I didn't start until around 11:30pm but it took be about 4 hours to do it, start to finish.

I snapped a couple quick pics last night after pulling the boat up. I tied them to the factory interior LED courtesy lights. I think I'm gonna rewire them and maybe find some sort of wireless controller to turn them on and off from the house. Kinda ghey I know but it sounds like a cool idea.

I'll try and take some better pics tonight from the back of the boat. I haven't put the overlays on them yet. I'm thinking about painting the overlays white or silver. Thoughts?

They are so bright and white that it makes the factory LED's look yellow.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-27-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Got my rings and grills installed on my rev 410's yesterday as well.I would try the overlays and see how you like them before you paint.I think the stainless gives a nice contrast
Attached Images

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-27-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
Took a couple more pics tonight. They are really bright!

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-28-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Those look great and are super bright for sure.Do you have problems with the white light attracting bugs??
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-28-2012, 9:07 AM Reply   
Translucent

Looks great and yes those are very bright!
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-28-2012, 3:01 PM Reply   
That looks fantastic! Must have if you ask me.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-28-2012, 11:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
Translucent

Looks great and yes those are very bright!
Nope. They say 'Opaque' on the box. It's an accurate description. It's a strange material as it doesn't appear to just be a piece of frosted plex and it certainly is not clear plex with frosted or sanded edges.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-29-2012, 7:22 AM Reply   
o·paque (-pk)
adj.
a. Impenetrable by light; neither transparent nor translucent.
b. Not reflecting light; having no luster: an opaque finish.

Seems like a misnomer to me but I've been wrong before
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-10-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
I finally got around to painting and installing the overlays on my grills. I had started brushing them and was going to spray them with a flat clear once I got them how I wanted them but I got lazy and ended up just painting them gloss white.

I think they came out good; subtle and clean looking. I may still get another set and brush them though.

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2012, 10:27 AM Reply   
Ha! Well now I get the opaque grills part

It does look very classy and clean. Great job on your entire system.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
ours
Attached Images

Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-10-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post

I snapped a couple quick pics last night after pulling the boat up. I tied them to the factory interior LED courtesy lights. I think I'm gonna rewire them and maybe find some sort of wireless controller to turn them on and off from the house. Kinda ghey I know but it sounds like a cool idea.
No way is that gay!! It's the only way to do any type of LEDs... If you don't have a RF remote, your behind the times
LOOKS NICE BTW!!