Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
First let me say I am posting this for my brother. He has purchased a very expensive printer to create vinyl graphics but has no idea how to or what to use to create some designs. Ya I know pretty stupid and a waste of money. I liked his thought behind it but he should have planned things out better.

He is needing help with creating some graphics to wrap boats. We both have boats and several friends have boats that would like to have wrapps done. Reason for buying the machine and yards of vinyl, his idea was to get the machine and wrap our friends boats to pay for it and still give them a great deal on a wrap. He is needing as much help as he can get and will pay a percentage of each wrap sold.

If anyone is interested let me know and I will provide you with his contact information.

Please no bashing, I give him sh*t everytime it is brought up.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-24-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
I would think that drawing it would be the easy part.... but putting it on the boat would be the hard part. I haven't ever done one.... but i could imagine it not being easy.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Travis, here's my 2 cents on this. It takes a real artist to create any type of eye catching artwork period. I mean a wrap is something you live with for a long time. I see by your profile your sporting some pretty cool art yourself. Tattoo artists love this type of thing and the good ones dabble in all kinds of art, not just tattoos. I know a few and they are all good if not great artists. Just a suggestion.
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
I thought about talking to my friend that does my tatts but getting it to a digital picture is what my brother nor I know anything about. I would assume it take a lot of work to take a scanned image that someone drew to a image you can work with on a wrap.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-24-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
look for someone who does giclee print reproduction.

you can try these guys, i have worked with them in the past.

Artfulcolor.com

They have a super high res scanner for very precise image reproduction (384 megapixel scanner).

You could shoot them the original and I am sure they could scan and get you the digital copy back...
Old     (beryessaboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
A friend of mine does it. He did some lettering for my boat and has done a few others.

www.crown-designs.net
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Going to start a new post. I have a first draft and want to see what everyone thinks.