Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (t8rtot)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
ok guys so i rode a 138 mana over the weeked and liked it a lot...but i feel like it was somewhat slow? maybe it was just me. i also know that the viva is a faster board but you ride it shorter. i'm around 6'2 170 pounds and i am used to a 138...what do you guys think about these boards if i should get the viva which length?
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-05-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
First, the viva is NOT meant to be ridden shorter, in fact, im not convinced any board is (except maybe boards like the LF fish). Yes, the Viva is a much faster board than the Mana, i loved the Mana just not the speed, it felt like i was riding through silly putty. I would say you should be riding a board no shorter than a 140, but it's really up to you. The viva 140 will not have any noticeable differences in length from your 138, but I'd personally check out the 144. Im the same weight, 5'9 and moving up to a 143 was the best choice ive ever made. Just a thought.
Old     (jungle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-05-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
The 144 Viva is the softest landing board i have ever ridden. I moved from the Covin to the Viva and it is a better board then the Covin. I have a Viva 144 for sale for 300...its only been ridden 3 times. great board!!!
jungleandzoe@mac.com

(Message edited by jungle on May 05, 2009)
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-05-2009, 8:07 AM Reply   
I agree the Viva should not be ridden shorter...try taking the middle fin off the Mana, I think you will feel a big difference.
I ride the Viva 140 I am 5'7" and 155, I would go bigger than smaller. As Charlie Patterson says there is no board too big to ride!
Old     (t8rtot)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
thanks guys...yea at the moment i have a '06 138cm murray...i hate it and want to switch to ronix....i demo'd the mana but they wouldn't let me demo the viva because they only had 2....i would consider the 140, but i'm just afraid that if i get a viva i may not like it? idk i rode the mana and actually threw my first invert (backroll) on it so i'm afraid that if i change the pop characteristics might throw me off especially since i'm used to my murray's continuous rocker?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
You should just get Murray's new shape, talk about leaps and bounds above the 06 shape. The 140 would be perfect. My buddy loves that boards and I too found it to be a fun shape. Not quite the pop of my Transcend, but a faster and easy to ride.
Old     (t8rtot)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
thanks for the input man i'll keep that in mind but for now i have no desire of riding another hyperlite...i'm looking to try something else...anyone else wanna chime in on opinions between the Mana and Viva?
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-05-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
If you like loose boards you could look at the Arcade by Bill, and if you want something just a little bit faster than the Mana try the 09 One. I rode the Viva and if I end up hating my Co. Recruit then I am definitely riding the Viva or the 09 One. My brother really likes the Mana though.

I also heard that Adam E. is going to be on a new pro model next year kinda like the Arcade by Bill. I hated my Bill at first but it has really grown on me.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-05-2009, 2:58 PM Reply   
I have the Mana and can say that it is a slower board and rides really locked in. I have the center fin removed as well.
Old     (t8rtot)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-05-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
so the center fin makes the board feel faster?

what about the viva? is the pop gonna be unpredictable?
Old     (boardwake)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-05-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
The mana is way slow!
Old     (t8rtot)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-06-2009, 4:54 AM Reply   
yea i know i rode it for about 30 minutes last sunday...its really predictable which i liked but i kinda want a faster board....does a board that is faster ride differently in other areas like pop predictability, loose or tight, etc? i'm leaning towards the viva now if there won't be much difference. one last thing: if i get the viva is it going to be a huge difference compared to the mana as to where i have to edge harder on the viva for it to really perform?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-06-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   

quote:

so the center fin makes the board feel faster?

Taylor, not sure as I never rode the board with the center fin in. I personally like loose boards and never ride with the center fin so take it for what it's worth. Other than that I like everything else about the board.
Old     (t8rtot)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-06-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
o ok got ya thanks man...well i'm still unsure about which board i'm gonna go with....i've heard good things about the mana other than the speed but havn't really heard anything about the viva..therefore i kind of want some feedback on it...