Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    fuzzy00            05-09-2004, 1:29 PM Reply   
I'm having trouble staying on axis during my heelside jumps. I've got good pop off the wake and I'm pretty sure my progressive edge is good. I just always end up with my board out behind me. Anyone have any suggestions to fix this? I suspect its my handle position.... thanks
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-09-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
If you come off your edge a little right at the top of the wake, you'll get bucked with your hips behind you and your board will feel like it's floating back. Try to hold the edge all the way through the top of the wake and if you stand tall, the energy of the wake will push your whole body straight up.
Old    xxplosive            05-09-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
I used to have that problem and I was because I wasn't standing tall rather I would try and 'jump' off the wake and it will throw you off axis
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-10-2004, 6:41 AM Reply   
rope to high during your jump. Keep the rope low.
Old     (bradzass)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-10-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
what boat are you riding behind, it might not be you, if the driver doesn't keep it consistant that can happen.. if your riding behind a boat that lacks horsepower(outboards), when you cut out it can bog down the boat, then when you cut in it speeds up all of a sudden and throws you forward.. try not cutting out as far or hard..
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-11-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
Yeah, keep the rope handle low. Also concentrate on not leaning back so far on your cut. The farther your shoulders are behind you board when you're cutting, the more the boat will pull your upper body foward in the air.
Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old    mongoprideness            05-11-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
scwenney can you even go off axis? i have only been witness to the schweenster-stale.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
....what schwenne said.

Keep the handle close and low.
Old    deltahoosier            05-11-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
Be careful. I had an opposite problem. I would pop and push my handle straight down with my arms straight and hold it there. That would make my upper body come over the front in the air. I would land fine, but, my body position would not be proper in the air. Now I try and keep my handle low, but, near my belly button.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-11-2004, 10:13 PM Reply   
Yea I kinda had that problem too... I would cut in hard and cut all the way threw the wake thinking hard about going all the way up the top of the wake keeping the handle at my waste and low and i'd always feel uncomfortably off balance. Sometimes i'd land sometimes i'd go off axis. Either way it prevented me from concentrating on pop and has but a huge lack of confidence in my riding. I'm for sure reading what ya'll are writting and hope to report some great news after a few more sets out on the water.