Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Upload
Let me say it for you...it's about time! It’s going to be a new beginning for the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club. We are going back to our roots. All contests and events are being moved back to the famous Backwater of Canyon Lake. Our primary focus this year is going to be fun and camaraderie. I personally am very excited about some of the changes this year because they reflect what our sport is all about…good friends, hanging out and watching some of the best riding in the world! We know some of our sponsors are struggling because of the current financial situation. Many of you have supported the CLWC for its entirety and we are very thankful. You have made us what we have become. This is our year to give back to you! If you were a sponsor during the 2008 season then you are a sponsor for 2009 as well. No additional commitment necessary we are looking for donations only.

One of the changes you will all notice is that we have reduced the number of tournaments down to just 3. We wanted to focus on putting together 3 awesome tournaments and then spend the rest of the time doing both Clinic/Learn to Ride Days as well as a Member Fun Day. I know this could be a letdown for some of you and I hope you will all understand that that this is a rebuilding year for the Club. Most people that I have spoken to are not only understanding but excited as well.

If you don’t live in the community you will only need to check in at the gate and mention the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club event and you will be able to get in. I look forward to seeing all of you at the first event. Below you will find our 2009 schedule. The schedule currently at the website is not correct.

Thanks,

Damien

2009 Tournament Schedule ($25 Member - $40 Non-Members)
June 13th
August 8th
October 10th

Clinic / Learn To Ride Days ($5 Members - $10 Non-Members)
May 9th
September 19th

Member Fun Day (Free)
October 11th

(Message edited by damienk on April 28, 2009)

(Message edited by damienk on April 28, 2009)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2009, 11:15 AM Reply   
That's awesome Damien!! Good to hear CLWC is back at it and giving back to the sport! That is really cool what you are doing for the sponsors. Hope to see you guys at some of the events.
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       04-28-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
We are pretty stoked it's going to be a great year...hope to see you out there!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-28-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
It's going to be a great year!!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2009, 9:53 PM Reply   
Hey Damien,

Good to hear you're still at it!

Good luck with the new season!

If the boys are in town on one of the event dates, we will hit you up for some "back to the roots" competition. Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since we were out there!
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-29-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
It's about time!!!! Oh, you said that already.........
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-29-2009, 3:56 PM Reply   
Schedule has been updated...... www.wakeboardclub.com

I'll try to get a linkeable mapquest up there asap for those people that don't know how to get to the backwater
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-29-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
2 Thumbs way up!
Old     (dclarke)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-29-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
We are excited and ready to get started. See ya all out there
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-29-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
I'm ready....I'll be riding Master's!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
Wow Brandon....you THAT old already??? Great to see you at wake games!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-01-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Great ideas Damien.... my suggestion, since my division Super Vets 50+ and both of us in the division are over 55... unless some other Super Vets ride this year, we should make it one division with those youngsters 40+. Aloha Joe Pearson
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-01-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
if only i rode on a regular/consistent basis...i'd ride the vets division. oh well...maybe next year. have fun everyone!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-01-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
You really don't have to ride great... ride for FUN and Friends... plus it is cool to ride in front of an audience... I learned from Tony Klarich, years ago... "never waste an audience!"... seems to pump you up. Sometimes I don't even get to ride between contests... come on out! Aloha from Huntington Beach.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-01-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Yeah Joe, you should head over to them. They're always fun!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-01-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
I rode in all the CLWC events last year...
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-01-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
Joe, you have ridden in all the CLWC events for every year I can remember! and as far as...

I learned from Tony Klarich, years ago... "never waste an audience!"

I never saw you ride a ladder!! ;)
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-01-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
You need to come to Mexico... I ride a 1x6 x 4 foot piece of pine!