Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (gotboost)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
I just bought a Centurion Elit V C4. The trailer has black PVC pipe on the rear loading guide posts and they have hit the side of the boat a few times when loading and left black marks on the gel coat. Am I backing the trailer in the water too deep?, shouldn't the rub rail hit the trailer guides? Also what is a safe way to clean the plastic marks of the gelcoat (they come off with my fingernail but that is a little tough).
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-10-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
Rule of thumb when loading (that I have always used and works well) is you should have about 1" of the fenders over your trailer tires out of the water. You should be able to get the boat about 2/3 on the trailer and have to power the rest of the way up to the bow stop.

1. Get yourself some guide pole covers for your guides.

2. If your guides are not hitting your rubrail you are likely in too deep
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-10-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
buy some guide pole covers, or make your dealer give you some.

most trailers you want to have the fenders just under the water (1-2")
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
The trailer guides are there to be hit if necessary so you will frequently hit them but they should have some sort of padded cover on them that your dealer installs. Call your dealer I'm sure they have them available usually free with some advertising for them on 'em. If not I've seen them on Ebay for about $20. To remove marks you can purchase black mark remover formulas or just lightly use a magic eraser sponge which is what I do.

When I back the trailer in to load I go deep enough to cover about 3/4 of the fender.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-10-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
The depth of the trailer will depend on the slope of the boat ramp. The front top of my fenders need to be out of the water.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Depends on how deep the hull is also. My v-hull is pretty deep. I have to have my fenders about 6 inches under water.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
It all depends on how steep the ramp is. When you power the boat very far on to the trailer you run the risk of scratching the bottom if you have any sediment on the rails or in the water. On a white boat it is hard to see but on a colored hull you will see the scratches.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
IF the Guide polls are so deep that they do not hit the rub rail the trailer is tooooo deep