Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-11-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
What tricks did you think would be the easiest to learn - Until you tried them!
and conversly, what tricks that you though would be really hard to learn turned out to be a breaze for you?
For me:
Hardest: HS mobe - in my mind, I had it down cold... when I tried it however, it almost knocked me out cold! Havent landed one yet...
Easiest: Switch TS FS 360. Expected it to be hard, and I have NO switch ts edge, but just popped it and thought "HS BS 180" the whole way. Nailed it my 2nd or third try.
Thought it would be interesting to hear what others had to say.
B
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-11-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Switch raleys. One of the only tricks I have regular, I don't have switch (minus raley variations). Still too scared to try another after a couple hard hard falls I don't remember too well.

Easiest: tootsie roll.
I was watching a wakeboard movie last summer and I had all of my basic inverts except TS Frontroll (went straight to scarecrow). I saw someone do a tootsie roll and asked my coach "what was that??" he explained it to me.. we went out in the morning and I learned a TS front roll first try and perfected it. Second set after lunch I went out and landed tootsie roll about 10th try. None of my trys weren't close, I did the tootsie roll since the first try just little things I did wrong kept me from landing it until #10. Since then I have only fallen on a handful, out of the hundreds/thousands I have thrown.
But then again I have tried teaching people them who have WICKED TS frontrolls, and they can't get the blind 180 for the life of them.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Hardest- Swith Crow. Everyone tells me how easy it is and I can see it being really easy but I just fall on my head when I try it. Sometimes I get to the board if I am really lucky.

Easiest- Big Worm I landed it a long time ago probably seven or eight years ago. And I landed it on like my eight or ninth try. BCP MIKE
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-11-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
What is a big worm again??
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
I would agree tootsie rolls seem easy but I can't spin that way. It is a mental block. Spin much better front side.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
Fornt roll with a overhead 540. Kind of like you do a scare crow and then a switch whirly bird at the end.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-11-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
I thought the Whirly would be easy...F that trick. And I paid my dues on my first HS FS 3's when I learned them. Spinning was way harder to grasp than I originally thought.

I thought the 911 and the HS FS 720 would be way harder than they are. I haven't landed the HS FS 720 yet but I only tried 3 times at Shasta a couple weeks ago. After landing a TS FS 7 the day before, I almost stuck it right away. We were on a houseboat trip and had 15 people(in 2 boats) watching me that wanted to ride too so I cut it short. But I felt it and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-11-2006, 3:36 PM Reply   
"I thought the Whirly would be easy...F that trick."

LOL

classic.

Mike, so it is kind of like a double scarecrow?
What is a diesel then??
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-11-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Easy: TS FS 3. The way you are wrapped up makes it really easy to spin. The only hard part was learning how to land, but doing a late handle pass makes it a breeze.

Hard: HS FS 3. After learning the TS 3 I wouldn't think that the HS would be all that much different. But after blowing an eardrum and getting worked numerous times years ago, I had stopped trying them. I decided to give one a try this past weekend and finally nailed it! Waiting to spin is the key. I'm not sure if I was more excited to have landed it for the first time or the fact that I didn't get knocked out.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-11-2006, 3:45 PM Reply   
Easy/Hard: Raley. Easy because I landed my very first 3 attempts. Hard because I've wrecked bad too many times and one of which resulted in surgery on my knee. I'm over the fad of the raley and don't do them anymore.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-11-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
Easiest = cab r2r, my switch sucks but I learned in 5 tries.

Hardest = They all seem hard at times!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-12-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
Matt...Yes you did! Now how many new tricks is that for you this summer? I lost count after the off-axis spins. This is the same guy that stuck an OA HS 3 his FIRST TRY. I'm jealous Matt. LOL, glad to hear you're still riding the D. It's chilly here in Colorado. Brr..
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-12-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Easiest = HS FS 3s saw my brother doing them for years and I thought there was no way i could do it. I just tried one and stuck it first try same thing for switch 3s.

Hardest = Tantrum to blind. I've landed like 3, but you think that its easy, tantrum with a BS 1. I don't know why but I cannot do this trick for anything anymore.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
Tantrum to blinds were easy for me. They took 3 days to learn, but I only went for one or two a day because I always waited till the end of my run to go for it. I have a really strong bs 180 which helped because I dont pass the handle on it.