Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (tigegirl)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
2005 Sanger v215, v-drive, 330hp, 100hrs MerCruiser 350 MAG 5.7L Black Scorpion
Ballast: 1,000 lb. total
One forward bag: 500 lb.
Two rear tanks: 250 lb. each
Stereo: AM/FM/CD Sony deck, four Sony speakers, remote, amp, subwoofer, tower
Platform: teak
perfect pass, bimini top, dual batteries

The guy is asking $37,000. The problem is that the outside/gelcoat is pretty scratched up and the rub rails have quite a few dents/dings in them. Interior is beautiful--looks brand new.
Old    mendo247            07-24-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Thats cheap! Probablly needs a buff job, depending on the size of the dings and scratches id be all over that!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I wouldn't buy a boat that looked that abused on the outside. He either doesn't know how to take care of a boat, or it was vandalized or something. Ask him what the deal is with the gelcoat damage.
Old     (tigegirl)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
this is what he said before we went and looked at it, "the gelcoat has scratches and a couple of them are about 1/16 inch deep but considered more nicks then long scratches, and those are from mooring up to docks and other boats."

what we saw looked like he moored to other boats but didn't use any bumpers.

Is it possible to replace the rub rail and if so, any idea on the cost to have it done? We don't have a Sanger dealer in our area.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2007, 10:03 AM Reply   
i have a 2005 mobius XLV for sale in oregon for $39,995 loaded with perfect pass, 2600lb ballast, stereo, led lights and more!
Old     (air210)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-24-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Hijacker
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
SPAMMER....
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/477475.html?1185121948
why buy that one when you could have this one that still smells new, doesnt have 1 scracth and is fully loaded and ready to ride.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-24-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Bryans boat looks really good.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-24-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Tigegirl buy that one and offer him the same price, and make him deliver it to you. It's been for sale for a long time.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
Dang Bryan - I can't believe that hasn't sold yet! Let's see here, if I could dump my DX and finance the rest. Ho hum... what a nice ride.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
sorry, would love to tigegirl, but its 42 and you need to pick it up. its clean. but im open for another offer.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-24-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
you won't find a better deal than Bryan's, IMO. just got to have a few thousand more... which is always an issue
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
Tigegirl, almost any boat dealer will be able to replace the rubrail and buff out the scratches and do gelcoat repair on deeper scratches.

Call a couple of places and get some ballpark estimates, then subtract that amount from what the guy is asking. Sometimes you can get a better deal on a boat that is not cosmetically perfect. Especially if he's lost a couple of buyers over it already.
Old     (tigegirl)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
Rich G--that's what I was trying to figure out with my post, was what to offer--that's a great idea calling for estimates and then subtracting it, I think I'll do that.

Bryan, I'd love your boat, but can't afford it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
I'm with Rich, you may be able to steal it.

i don't know what the boat would be worth in good condition... take about $3000 off of that and offer it. May not be far from 37...

Get bids, like was mentioned, but don't pay more than NADA minus at least a couple thousand

(Message edited by denverd1 on July 24, 2007)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
hey tigegirl, no worries that you cant buy mine but maybe i could give you some help with this one because im real familure with this boat at pricing. now my boat is loaded, has every opioned box checked and has about 6k in the system. light bar lightning tower mirror and 4 lightning polished racks that over another 1200. all the wiring in my boat is wrapped n tainless steel braided line. i have the bling package on my boat so everything is polished, billet or stainless, i have a fiber glass swim deck, color matched. and the biggie is the black scorp and the chubby tower. all that for 42k, its a steal and i have about 10 pending offers awaiting financing at the moment. so you isted a few items above and the condition of the boat. but is it a black scorp of a 350 mag? thoose are 2 different motors. what tower? chubby or standard pro flight. hows the interior? heater? perfect pass? depth finder? bimini? tower speakers? my boat comes with a 6 year transferable warannty, does this one? you should find out as much as you can on this boat. take pics of the damage and get bids as stated above. but if you want my hnoset opion and i dont know what your budget is. iwould look for a different boat. this sounds like the guy didnt take care of it and for the 30 to 35k range there are lot of gret clean boats out there. this sounds like you would be buying someone elses problems. my 2cents. i found a great deal on a v215 on sf craigslist ill find it and post it. good luck
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/381170153.html

here you go, you could still this boat. and i only know this because a friend of mine is going through this right now. in fact he was about to, mined you california state law, take a chain saw to it at trinity lake and give her her half right on the water. check it out
Old     (tigegirl)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Bryan, thanks for the help. It does have the Black Scorpion engine--sorry I was cut/pasting from an email and put both--it has the pro flight tower, the interior looks brand new, that's what makes the exterior so surprising. It does not have a shower or heater, does have pp, no depth finder, bimini--yes, 2 tower speakers, I need to find out about a warranty, as I understand most usually aren't transferrable? The thing is, with only 100 hours, could there really be anything THAT wrong with it?? (other than what we can see?)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
what could be wrong is what can happen soon after you bring it home. make sure he has apprt schedualed maintnance record reciepts, sanger recomends 20, 50 100 then every 50 after, witch are all extensive due to it being during the break in period. if these are not done its what may happen soon as you get it home. make him pay for a pro to give the thumbs up on a mechanical check prior to purchase. if he cant take care of it o the outside he probibly cant take care of it mechanically. apperance says alot. but lets say at 37k with everything perfect and no damage thats a good deal with whats listed in it maybe 35/36 would be better but that would be saying its flawless. with the cost and hassle of damage, and being it gel coat it will be bank, is it worth you time even if you payed 32/33k. time is money and valuible riding time lossed this summer. why are you so set on this boat? like i said there is so much more out there. bottom line unless the deal is going to work out where you pay x for the boat and y for repairs and the total = way less than a real good deal if it was perfect dont waist your time. O.P.P.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/380640849.html
are you set on sanger if so check this one.

(Message edited by westsiderippa on July 24, 2007)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/380640849.html

sorry not sure why the first didnt link up