Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    live2wakeboard            09-05-2005, 7:12 PM Reply   
Alright well im a pretty good wakeboarder and i can wakeskate and all that but i have never tried to wakesurf. I really want to cuz ive heard it was really fun. But i dont kno wat size of board to get. Im 6' and weight about 150. Any input would help.
Lucky T}
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-05-2005, 7:17 PM Reply   
I'm in the same boat as you.

Only as we have an outboard, I do not have the means to try, but I still think it would be an interesting endeavour to embark upon.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-05-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
I've got the boat and equipment dialed in this season and I’ve had about everyone in my crew surfing. Our top weighted rider is about 260 and lightest about 160. Most are goofy riders but my boat favors regular riders - prop rotation.

All of us have been able to ride the Broad Cast 5.6. I’m about 220 and ride the regular side of the wake, it’s easy and a lot of fun. It's a bit tougher for the 260-pounder on the goofy side.

I haven’t needed any additional weight on the boat but it’s important to put as much weight as you can on surf side of the boat. We move seat cushions, boards, and other junk to help weight the surfing side. I figure moving 1 pound from the non-surf side to the surf side is the same as adding 2 pounds to the surf side. We’ve been surfing with stock ballast and a crew as small as three.

It’s a lot of fun get out there and do-it.
Old    davekruk            11-16-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
I would get something like the Broadcast 4'9
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-16-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
The Trick Boardz medium Velocity would be good for you. We also have a new board we will introduce on our website soon. We have been getting great reviews this year from some large riders (230 pounds) as well.
Larry Mann DC
www.trickboardz.com