Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
This is not exactly wakeboarding related, but is watersports related. It goes to show what happens if you don't wear a vest.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriots-hillsearch&prov=ap&type=lgns
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-28-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Even a non CGA vest is better than going with nothing.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-28-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
dude, common sense !!!!!!!!! People who fail to use common sense are darwin'd out LOL
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
I wonder if he could even swim? How do you not gear up for a ride on a PWC, on a holiday weekend no doubt? Sad...
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Thats sad! there was a death due to a PWC accident this weekend on lake Degray as well
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-29-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Friends said he was a good swimmmer, this is sad.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-29-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
Conspiracy!!
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-29-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
I broke my nose on a PWC this weekend..gotta have surgery. It knocked me out cold, leaving me face down in the water (Yes had a USCGA vest on), but luckly I had a friend with me that drug me back onto the JetSkit flipping me over so I could breath again.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
A loss of life was caused by a moment of stupidity. JetSki'ing in a shipping lane wasn't the smartest thing but not having a lifejacket on was this persons downfall. My condolences to his family but we should all wake up and now that we need to wear our PFD's.
Old     (board_up)      Join Date: May 2005       05-30-2007, 10:53 PM Reply   
Shasta Lake in nor-cal had a PWC death memorial weekend also. An 18 yr. old kid, for unknown reasons rode in front of a skiboat. A completely sober 30 yr. old man, his family and friends have to live with that. *unfortunate*
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-31-2007, 12:29 AM Reply   
last year mamorial day weekend, was cruising back to camp around sunset, maybee doing 25 mph. was about 500 yards from the no wake zone at nacimiento i look to my 9 oclock port side and some kid on a wave runner is about to t-bone me at full throttle when he spins a hard 180 off my port side about 10 ft from me and completely swamped my little closed bow nautique. this kid was "stupid." life jacket un-zipped, goes rippen into the marina crashes the wave runner into the rental dock as the shariff is standing there and grabs him. well im beyond pist and let me add, sober! so i cruise into the dock were the shariff and now the kids dad is screaming at him. this kid was like 16. the shariff basically said this and that to me about pressing charges, i look at the kid look at the dad and just said to my self when this kids dad is done with him i think he will have learned his leson. so i let it go and so did the shariff. but ill tell you he probibly would have had some serious penalties coming but i figured this would be this kids lucky eye opener, i hope. play safe everone. and lets all live to ride tomarrow
Old     (lume1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-31-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I dont understand why people keep going into the water without a vest...is it because its not confortable or not cool...i just dont know
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-31-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
personally, i think wearing a life vest is comfortable. i dont think theres any reason at all to not wear one, or even to keep it unzipped.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2007, 7:10 PM Reply   
I agree with jeff. I like wearing a jacket because it takes some of the shock out of the falls on both a wakeboard and a jetski.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-01-2007, 5:50 AM Reply   
I know people that knew him personally.
Doesn't say much for my Alma Mater.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-01-2007, 7:39 AM Reply   
If you wear a vest everytime it feels wierd not to wear one.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-01-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
did someone really LOL at this guy dying? Wow, that's pathetic.

the guy obviously didn't demonstrate common sense, and he paid for it with his life. It's sad and unfortunate, definitely not funny.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-01-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
I didn't even notice that. Poor form Rick
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2007, 10:36 AM Reply   
Darwin awards are awards given out for some of the stupid moves people do. Some of them are extremely funny while others a just down right head itching on why they would do that. My guess would be that he is saying that this should be a Darwin award candidate and not towards an LOL and a death. IMHO
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
So is this just Karma for screwing a female companion while your fiance waits on shore, we'll wait for the autopsy, jet ski's are for wakeskating and sliders. <-- That means PERIOD