Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (eazyryder136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-01-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
im headed to the cayman islands in a week and was wondering if anybody knew what kind of "wakeboard scene" was down there...?
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-01-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
We were there a couple years ago and we saw NO SCENE.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
go to hell. i dunno know about the scene but it will be fun saying you went to hell
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-01-2006, 9:58 PM Reply   
Take break from boarding & dive everyday. You can board when you get back. I saw no wakeboards in Cayman.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-01-2006, 10:46 PM Reply   
There is a place next to the westin that will give you a tow. Or more like whip you through the water in front of all the hotels/condos. Water is not smooth at all. Expensive and not worth it. Snorkle, dive, drink, and enjoy the island. Wakeboarding would be a waste of time. Do the Atlantis sub adventure, see the turtle farm, go to town on the days when cruise ships are not docked. Play golf at the Hyatt Britania if you are a golfer. Snorkle at Stingray City. And that just about wraps up the things to do in Cayman. Besides drink 8 dollar beers all day long. Which I am a pro at.! Love the place and have been many times. The diving is outstanding. If you dive, the dive op I like the best is Fisheye. Small groups and very very personal and pro service.

(Message edited by colorider on August 01, 2006)
Old     (eazyryder136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
thanks for all the feedback...we are going to try an rent a boat so im taking my wakeskate and my bro is taking his kiteboarding gear...but i will have check out the dive and snorkel stuff..
-Chris
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-02-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
go to the rum cake factory and eat free rum cake! if i recall correctly it is the rum cake capital of the world. best place we dove there...cant really remember the name. but it was by were the ships dock. devil's somethan or other i think. anyways its this long chain of tunnels underneath a reef. its amazing.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-02-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
Devils Backbone.
Anyway, seriously,leave the skate at home. it is going to be a waste of luggage space. The kiteboard stuff may get some use.. Also, where are you staying on the Island.?
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-02-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
The one thing that was memorable to us was going to the Stingray sand bar. It's a tourist thing, but fun anyway.

Those things will suck jewelry off of you, and give you hickey's if your not paying attention.

Dave
Old     (eazyryder136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-03-2006, 1:24 PM Reply   
we rented a house called "the castle"
Old    lan1201            08-03-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
STINGRAY CITY- no wakeboards but i highly recommend
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-03-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Sounds like a very nice rental. Is it on 7 mile beach?
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-04-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Some pics. Stingray City (or sand-bar). It's a mile or so away from shore. Take a tour boat, but once out there, you can walk around.

Upload

Hell is over-rated. It's worth about 10 minutes of your time, if that.

Upload

Turtles are interesting. You get to see these endangered species, see them being nurtured from babies into adulthood, then EAT them (at the snack bar).

Upload

Dave
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-04-2006, 12:27 PM Reply   
man, I would LOVE to kiteboard there. make sure you give it a shot!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-04-2006, 12:36 PM Reply   
Dind a spot and go surfing or body surfing man..next to wakeboarding my favortie thing to do
Old     (ollieshuvitz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-04-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
Hookay. There is no wake "scene" in the Cayman Islands. I was just there for two weeks, about 2 wks ago. I was only able to wakeskate (I dont really wakeboard) twice, off of a friend's sea doo. Rentals are around 70+ CI for a waverunner, and a boat is much more. Google Red Sail Sports, seven mile beach and you'll see what I'm talking about. The water of seven mile was amazing to ride in. You can look down and see fish, reefs, and sand in 30-80+ ft of water. It might not be worth the hassle to bring your gear, but if you really want to drop the cash to ride go for it!