Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (Fluffytoasters)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-11-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hi everyone I have been trying backside 180s but I have a problem. I can land the trick but without the handle. I keep missing it when I try to pass it to my other hand or it slips out of my hand when I try to keep it in the same hand but land with it behind my back. I keep rotating ways of keeping the handle but I need to know what the easiest way to land it and keep the handle is. Please help!!
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-11-2013, 8:12 AM Reply   
can you do ollie bs 180's out in the flats?
Old     (ryman32)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-11-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
If it slips out of your hand when you land blind something is way off. There should be little to no line tension when you land this trick. When I do this trick there are only 2 things I'm thinking about, pop off the wake cleanly, and once I'm at the top of my jump take my rear hand with the handle and actually touch my tailbone and hold it there until I hit the water and ride away a little. This trick is all about handle position and body position. Actually touching your hand to your back puts you in perfect position. Don't rush the spin, don't pass the handle until you land. Of course if you don't have a good lofty wake to wake jump you have other issues to work on first.

THINK LESS!
Old     (Fluffytoasters)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-11-2013, 9:01 AM Reply   
I haven't done Ollie backside 180s in the flats but I will try them.
Old     (georgebarber)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-05-2013, 2:40 AM Reply   
Were you successful ??
Old     (amsugg)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-07-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
landing blind is not easy, it sounds like you have the spin down you just need help with the landing, I would suggest practicing riding in the blind position. easiest way to do this is to slow the boat down to 13-14 mph, and do a over rotated back side board slide. over rotated means that your still edging out away from the boat, and then slowy going into the blind position and holding it as long as you can and then going back to the over rotated board slide. I know that sounds real confusing in typing so I would rec going to learnwake.com for a step by step video of this process I just described