Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-05-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Have you ever sat on your tower? I think it would be strong enough to support the weight (200), but never tried it.

I need to install a light at the highest point of my dock, happens to be right over my tower. If i don't sit on the tower, not sure how i could get up there to install the light....boat sits on a lift too, although i don't think that makes any difference.

you think it would be strong enough?

boat is an 07 v-ride. (in my profile pic)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
I think it would be strong enough, but dangerous as hell. Why don't you lower the tower and work on it?
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-05-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
no, the light is on the dock, not the tower. i need the height the tower gives me.

i guess i could try to setup a ladder in the boat, haha, that doesn't sound that great either though!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Sorry misunderstood you. I guess it would work as long as your tower was dry and the bottom of your shoes were dry. I wouldn't try it with socks only though.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-05-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
I did it this past weekend for around 30-45 minutes with no issues. Actually had one of us on each side with n problems. 300 lbs total.
Old     (jamieb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-05-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
Im 240 and I do backflips off mine.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-06-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
I've probably got 200+ pounds of stuff on my tower (speakers, racks, boards) and that's riding around the lake at all times. I think you'll be fine...