Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old    falcon_v            04-17-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
Has anyone tried this product and is it any good. Should I spend the coin and try it out.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=76764&pdesc=Sunsei_Solar_Charger_Mod el_SE_135_Peak_Power_2W_Operating_Current_135mA_Di mensions_15_5_x_5_x_0_8&cname=Chargers&aID=22C&mer chID=1009&r=view

UploadUpload
Old     (wetsuit)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-18-2008, 5:15 AM Reply   
I used it in socal when the boat was out in a storage lot for prolonged periods of time. we did not have access to electric, so this was a great way to trickle charge the battery. worth it, you will just have to rig something up to keep it mounted in the right place.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-18-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
It depends on how much time you have to charge your battery/s. Thats only a 2 amp charger, will take the better part of a week to get your battery back fully charged. There are more powerful solar chargers available. This one is a 5...I think it is from Battery Tender.
I have a 15 on mine.
Upload
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-19-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
Chris,

Solar chargers are great, but dont buy that one... I purchased one a couple of months ago.. The description says it is weather proof, but it really is not. The directions have you cock the edges to make it weather proof... I did exactly what the directions said, and the solar panel still went bad within 2 weeks: I returned it and went with a 5 amp Coleman solar panel. My Colemen panel has worked great so far; you can purchase them on Ebay for about $80.00 including shipping..

Remember: Stay below 8 amps... If you go with anything bigger, you will have to purchase a charge controller: so you dont over charge your battery. Just another thing to go bad in the boat.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-19-2008, 10:17 PM Reply   
question- do you guys mount these on your towers? if so can u post up some pics?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
mine is mounted to the roof of my garage.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Are you using it to power an auto-lift?
if so:
The one I used for a hydrolic boat lift was terrible... you could go up and down MAYBE twice a day if it was really sunny.... the other crank type maybe better though.