Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Maybe it's just me but there are some ugly $60000 boats out there sitting on the lots. Bright green, blue, yellow, and orange interior colors should be a special order item sold before the build only IMO. If I was a dealer I would only buy white or ivory, lt gray, charcoal gray, dark blue, silver interior fiberglass colors. Maybe just buy white and offer different side wraps to dress them up.
I really like Centurion boats but could not find many with decent colors that I liked. A few I didn't get to in time...the ones that sell quick should tell Centurion and the dealers what to make or order. Buying a boat is just like noticing a woman, if the attraction isn't there it just doesn't go far.
I ended up buying another brand mainly because of looks. I couldn't do a boat with"SURF" in letters 18" high on the side of the boat or flames. Sorry Centurion but, IMO you need to change some things, I think you would sell a lot more boats.
I'm kind of new here, been reading but not posting. I've been a big part of another forum not related to boats for years. I know manufacturers come to the other forum to get ideas this one may work the same way I don't know.
If you guys have opinions of what you would like to see in graphics and colors spit it out. Maybe the right person will read it and do something about it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
I am not a big fan of all the bright and crazy colors either, but to each his own and people seem to be buying them......
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-10-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
I agree that the "SURF" letters on the side of the boat are lame. I would never own a boat with graphics like that.... gross. But to me, and it's just my opinion of course, but plain white boats or white boats with just a splash of color are just too boring. I know many people like them but i prefer something with a little more flash.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
I think most dealers do or should order most of their boats in standard, classy colors. Location and demographic plays a large role in that though. I think even a dealer in a conservative(graphics and colors speaking anyways) will still order a few boat with wild colors. You need something in your face to display at boat shows and I think they help draw in people, even if they aren't the color choice most would choose. At worst they will sit on the lot till they are discounted as closeouts. People buying closeouts generally aren't super picky on colors.
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I think most dealers do or should order most of their boats in standard, classy colors. Location and demographic plays a large role in that though. I think even a dealer in a conservative(graphics and colors speaking anyways) will still order a few boat with wild colors. You need something in your face to display at boat shows and I think they help draw in people, even if they aren't the color choice most would choose. At worst they will sit on the lot till they are discounted as closeouts. People buying closeouts generally aren't super picky on colors.
Agree, I understand flash sells and I wasn't talking about a plain white boat with nothing on it but a basic color with options for the wrap style. look at this boat, the dash is the same color green. This boat has been advertised for a year...or more.

Now this one- The "surf" is large but because the rest of the boat is pretty loud the letters don't look that big.

not too crazy and a decent looking boat IMO
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
The top one has 2 strikes against it. Mostly bright green and flames. Also, it is a huge boat so it make it look that much more green. My personal taste would say that bright colors like green, yellow, most metal flakes, orange, etc.. should be an accent color to a white and black boat. Basically exactly like the bottom centurion. THat is a very good looking boat other then I am not 100% a fan of the wavy looking scheme.

As for hte 2nd boat that is a wrap. Wraps usually look terrible and cost way too much money. That boat would almost assuredly look better without the wrap unless it has some funky colors under it.
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
If this boat like some had a red dash and interior it would look a lot worse than it does,
same if the other had a blue dash. Now that I dig through photos It seems like Centurion is doing that less on the 2012 models than before, if so it was a good change. They are changing things up a bit, last year a lot of them had this same oval design in just different colors and on different places of the boats.

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2012, 11:05 AM Reply   
Both those boats have a little too much color for my taste but red is a popular color in most places so it would probably sell. I didnt' have much luck with royal or navy blue boats when I sold them.
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 11:07 AM Reply   
I don't know exactly why this caught my eye but it did in a big way. Yes I know, to each his own.
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
Supra, Moomba, Malibu and Axis boats are made about 50 miles from here as you can guess everyone has one. Some good looking boats in there without a doubt but still see mostly white, blue or gray boats with accents, very few Green, Yellow, Red. Being close to UT there are some orange ones running around.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-10-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
I kinda have a soft spot for classic skate wraps like that centurion (even though its hideous)

If I ever got a wrap it'd be based on this deck:

I know I know who needs a wrap with more skulls.
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
What about those interested posting a photo of the best looking boat (outside) you have seen?

Shawndoggy, local they do wraps for $9 sf. not sure about design fees though.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2012, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
I kinda have a soft spot for classic skate wraps like that centurion (even though its hideous)
That was the first thing that came to mind for me when I saw that boat and it brought me right back to being a kid and skating in the summer...good times.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-10-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
that sanger looks great
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-10-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Im def not a fan of the white with just a splash of color(like just a stripe). Either ALL white or all color with some white -kinda like that red centurion above.
N3 boatworks combos are the sickest Ive seen anywhere.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Im def not a fan of the white with just a splash of color(like just a stripe). Either ALL white or all color with some white -kinda like that red centurion above.
N3 boatworks combos are the sickest Ive seen anywhere.
Mostly white with a splash of color isnt' usually that great. White with a black accent or stripe is. Black or white and black with an accent is money.

I think the best looking boat I sold when I was selling them was a prostar 197 that had a white hull bottom, maroon red stripe at the waterline, black hullside, black stripe above the the rubrail, white deck with a teak platform. I really like the simple and classic cobalt type color scheme. I also really like NAW's old supra 21v that had the black bottom, red waterline stripe and white hull sides and deck.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-10-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
What about those interested posting a photo of the best looking boat (outside) you have seen?

Shawndoggy, local they do wraps for $9 sf. not sure about design fees though.
I'd like to see a good looking Centurion. I'm not trying to be a SA, I just don't think I've seen one that really stood out and looked great, though I'm sure there are plenty out there. I've never been a big fan of that tower; it just looks kinda frail.
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
I told the VP of Centurion I thought they should have a contest to see who could design the best graphic, wrap or color scheme and who ever wins should get a free wrap. I'll bet it goes nowhere but it was worth a shot.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-10-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
I do like to see all the crazy colors that pop up here in there in UT. For some reason we see a LOT of black and red (maybe UT Utes). I have always been a fan of White and always said one day I will own a mostly White boat. Well this is the year and ordered to how we wanted it. Now thanks to Boat Bling the White will stay bright White.
Name:  IMG_5276.jpg
Views: 1662
Size:  106.0 KB
Old     (constructor)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
A simple design that looks good IMO. Almost purchased a V23 with that color in Ft Worth last week but the salesman didn't return my call.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

If I ever got a wrap it'd be based on this deck:

I know I know who needs a wrap with more skulls.
Ive always been a fan of skulls of that style...skulls can be done, like anything, in so many different styles!
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-11-2012, 10:35 PM Reply   
What do you think of this?
Attached Images