Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       01-01-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
I purchased the 7' monster patch cables for my i-pod. I want to have my ipod on the drivers side and run the patch cables around the bow and over to the passenger side to my clarion. I will have to connect an addition 7' of RCA patch cables to make it around. Does anyone know if the ipod has enough voltage to handle 14' of patch cable? Will I lose sound quality? Thank you for your help.
Old    whitechocolate            01-01-2005, 7:16 PM Reply   
Your Questions IMO
#1 Does the I pod have enough voltage to handle 14' of patch cable?. Off the top of my head I would say Yes and No. I take it you have the XMD-3 Yes" and your going to run the I pod in to the AUX imput, First make sure you have the AUX sencitivity set to High this will help your Ipods out put. I havent tested the 7 foot cable compaired to the 14 foot so I cant tell you yes or no But I do know the I pod has week output and anything to take away from a already weeksignal Im sure you will notice and the Clarion has even weeker output. If you run a line driver from the output of your clarion Im sure that will make up for any loss you get with your longer patch coard.
Old     (loux2)      Join Date: May 2004       01-02-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
Thank you Grant. I ran the 14' this morning and it "seems" to be okay. It is hard to tell the difference. Although my wife says I am hard of hearing so if there is a difference I may not notice. I will have not tried changing the XMD-3 AUX sencitivity yet. I will try that next. Once again thank for your input. Your advise on this site is an asset to us all.
Old    whitechocolate            01-02-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
No problem Lou: The AUX sen is adjusted like this Page # 15 of your Clarion Manual If you dont have it this is how it works.

Hit the T buton till the display flashes
Scroll with the <> buttons and select the AUX SENS
Then with the ^ button select HIGH,
if your Ipod is playing at the time you will hear the volume Jump up. Its a nice little boost