Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    billy_ray            10-12-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
what can i put my feet in on the trampoline to make it feel like a weakeboard?? if there is anything where can i buy it or how can i make it? also if anyone has pics themselves doing a backroll.. that would be good too...
thnx
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
Check out the "trampoline tricks" thread.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-12-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=50
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-12-2005, 6:25 PM Reply   
Take an old skate deck, strip it down and glue some old shoes on it and ur good to go.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-12-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
I would do the skate deck idea, wakeboard on the tramp is just asking for trouble, its alright for grabs if you are already comfortable on the trampoline. But if you land off balance, or on the top side of the board you can get it a bad spot real quick, not to mention the damage you could do to the bed of the trampoline with the edges of the board.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-12-2005, 8:37 PM Reply   
i wish i could have something like a skateboard size deck but the weight of a wakeboard..would make the practice feel much more realistic..
Old    djjstylz            10-12-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
I would say get a beat up wakeskate and glue old shoes to that or the skateboard thing.
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-12-2005, 10:51 PM Reply   
I usually use an old skateboard deck with a pair of shoes screwed on to it (grinded the ends of the screws off). Here is a pic of me with my wakeboard on doing a backroll

(Message edited by wakinbakin on October 12, 2005)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
...you mean a Tantrum!

hahahahahahaahaahahaahaa
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-12-2005, 11:21 PM Reply   
......dang, I mean frontroll!

..i just made the joke on me!
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-13-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
I don't member what trick I was trying but Paul I think your right it might have been a frontroll.
Old    wakedude2rock            10-14-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
Be patient boys and forget the skatedecks or other crap on the Tramp. Rumor has it Mike Ferraro is comming out with a "real" trampboard this spring that will truly mimic a wakeboard or snowboard on the trampoline...spread the word!!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-14-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
A trampoline manufacturer named Jumpsport makes a board designed specifically for use with trampolines.

Bounceboard

You can check out their site at www.jumpsport.com.
Old    wakedude2rock            10-14-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
Sorry, the Bounce Board is just a slab of foam with a hole for grabs??? (start drilling holes all over your wakeboards better grip!)..Let's get real, wait for Ferraro's boards, I'm hearing Men's, woman's and Kids models. Built in flex and weight adjustable, real bindings. Nothing will touch it!
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-14-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
how much tho???
Old    wakeq1            10-14-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Who makes a good outdoor tramp. Mine seems to lose it "spring" too quickly. I will spend more money I just want something to launch me and not go flat. DO they come w/ covers? I would think the elements would be partially to blame.
Old    wakedude2rock            10-14-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
I can only imagine they'll be competitivly priced for what it will offer.Obviously there's a huge market, not just wakeboarders but snowboarders, kiteboarders..etc. and anyone else interested in air awareness training.Not to mention just plain fun! Maybe even an extreme sport unto itself?..I could see it.
Old    wakedude2rock            10-14-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
P.S. Sorry, I didn't mean to slam the bounce board, they saw the need and tried to fill it.They were on the right track...Just wanted to let you know, rumor has it, the next level is comming!