Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
Yesterday I go to winterize my boat I drain one side of the block then go to the port side (I think port passenger side) look for the plug and notice that it is missing, I don't know how long its been like this. How bad is this for my motor my temp has been normal and the boat has been running great. It seems I would have seen alot of water in the bilge but I haven't. Boat 95 Super Sport

Second ? Which hose you pull for the transmission or is there a plug. I see the hose in for water and the one out. But I can't remember if I take the hose in off the engine or the transmission.
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-07-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
The plugs are on the opposite ends of the block. Did you try and look at the same front or rear location from the one you just took out? If you did keep looking....
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-07-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
if your motor is a small block ford. its on oposite end of the oil filter and on the otherside right across of the filter
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       11-07-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
The plug has to be there.

If you are saying that the plug is not screwed into the block and there is just a hole then you need to get a new one. I would think it would make the engine run hot. I know that you are putting a lot of water into your bilge if there is no plug in there.
Old    K.B.C.            11-07-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
I think you're looking in the wrong place for that plug. Opposite ends of the block as posted above. I would also agree that you would be running hot and notice a ton of water in the bilge.

Do you have a heater? I have a 95 SS and my heater line runs off of the plug on that side of the block.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Ok it was dark and I'll take a look at it after work today. I don't have a heater and Scott were do you drain your transmission?
Old    K.B.C.            11-07-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
not sure on the tranny, there are 2 plugs on the v drive case though. one on top and one on the front, I think(it's been a while). They are square if I remember correctly. You should post a thread on planetnautique. You'll be able to get more help there. I don't winterize so I'm not sure on all of the specifics.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
I will thanks
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-08-2007, 5:33 AM Reply   
I just wanted to say you where right. I went back out yesterday and tried again without a fading flash light and found all my plugs. I was looking to far forward on the port side and was able to see the what to do for the transmission. Thanks again