Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2010, 11:22 PM Reply   
Looking for some suggestions from anyone that surfs mastercraft 2006-2009 model x-2?

How much weight and where? Thought about going with the fly high add on set up, I think its an additional 1500lbs on top of factory ballast.

Thoughts or suggestions from anyone?

Thanks,
Jake
Old     (wallnut21)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-30-2010, 5:28 AM Reply   
I've got the same boat with the fly high addition. I usually just fill up the port side locker. Throw a 370# fatty across the back seat and two bricks on the floor in front of the cooler. I always have a person sitting on the port locker throwing/catching the rope and another three to four people all on the port side. The more weight you have up front the longer your pocket will be. I usually run 10.7 mph. You will bump that up has you add more weight. Water deeper than 8-9 ft is a must. This should get you started.

Mike
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2010, 5:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Mike. I am going to avoid having sacs all strewn about the inside of the boat if I can. Guess I will see what I can swing.

Thanks,
Jake
Old     (wallnut21)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-03-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
People are always the best ballast.... very easy to move. If you have enough people you won't need any extra sacs inside the boat.