Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-20-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
Got a ton of new stuff on that way from the 08 INT
US Championships..12 plus hours of video in the can.

Like to hear your thoughts on my last project?

http://wakesurfskate.com/index.php?L=cms.Byerly_Day__08
Cheers
Darrin
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-21-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
Darrin, well done, where was it shot? Do you have footage of the pro men from Bakersfield?
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-21-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
Hi Thanks for the input!!
I shot this at a demo, in Bakersfield CA, on a private ski lake, called Paradise Lakes.
Pretty much in the middle of no where..million dollar homes, with a smell you just cant describe.

Not sure who your refereeing to??

Yes, I shoot tons of footage got to hang out with Byerly's crew all day, we shot both video and stills. There is a Link to the gallery off the page I linked in. And a couple other events on the main web site WakeSurfSkate.com I've also taped a couple INT tournaments at the same location.
Cheers
Darrin
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-21-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
With reference to the smell...I'm assuming it is 'undesirable'? Factories nearby or something?
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-21-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Not much in the way of factories around there. But there are a few large dairies and a very large composting facility. If the wind is blowing right the nice private lake gets the full force of the smell.
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-21-2008, 4:46 PM Reply   
no kidding on that, I thought it was just the near by cow farms : )
But I guess it makes sense to store the stuff..

All I can say is if I buy a million dollar pad with a runway, and private lake..sure like it to smell like heaven!!!
The other side of the coin, perfect glass everyday!!!
Cheers
D

Upload
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
the websites starting to look better Darrin... I didnt realize that that was Adam 'posin' in those wakesurfskate tees lol...
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-22-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey Darrin, looks nice. How you've been?
Old     (proimages)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-22-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Working hard on the new site!!
Glad to hear from you guys thanks for the love!!!

Looks like WakeSurfSkate.com is going to bust
100k hits on its third month on the web, still have a ton of content to add. Also have some cool new features planned for the next update.

Dealt with all the @%$# life tossed into the mix..over it and moving on!!

What you think of the t shirts? $10 if anyone is interested..winter wear, girls stuff, and hats on the way.

cheers
D