Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-13-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
I want to upgrade speakers I think I like Polk DB675 or Pioneer TS-D701P Any opionions
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-13-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
I had the Polk db650 and loved them-good price too. I havent heard the Pioneers but looking at the specs of both the Polks are going to be more effcient then the Pioneers. Are they for cabin or tower ?
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2006, 5:52 PM Reply   
No question, hands down, polk is a higher quality speaker. If you can afford the upgrade to the DB6750, and a component system will work for you, I would go with them instead.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-14-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input I bought 6 of the DB675 for 90.00 a pair. Looking forward to installing in the cabin of boat.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-14-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
you'll be very happy, especially if you can push 45-50+ watts to each of them. i have the momo mmc650's and love them. they really sound nice.
Old    abergener            03-14-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
What are the best Cabin spearkers (within reason). I just purchased a boat with stock Clarion speakers (not component) and they sound okay. They are powered by a stock clarion head unit. I would like to upgrade the four speakers and add an amp and sub. Any recomendations? I had the same set up in my past boat with crossfire speakers, amp and sub and was very happy. Thanks in advance.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-14-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
i hear a lot of good things about focal, but they're pretty spendy. i like the looks, sound and price of the polks. plus, i've never read a bad thing about them. you could buy 4 polk mmc650's, a JL Audio e6450 amp (6-channel) and a JL 10w1v2 sub for less than $750 (guessing $1000 installed) just a suggestion. good luck!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
I listened to a set of Focal Studio Monitor speakers that my buddy had setup on his surround system. each speaker box had a pair of ported 6.5" mid-bass drivers and some kind of horn tweater. He paid $2800 for the pair of them (self-amplified)

Those speakers created the most impressive sound I have ever heard. Period, hands down...with out any question.

And he's going to buy another smaller one for his center channel. That one will run $1200.