Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (mattkrull)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-24-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
My wife and I will be relocating to WA in late August. We have a chance to buy a home with lake access on Meridian. The lake seems kind of small and only allows boarding from 9 - 6. Can you guys give me feedback on this lake as it plays a major role in our decision on the house? What other lakes besides Sammamish and Washington are good for boarding in the Southern part of the Seattle area?
Old     (bmfb)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-24-2005, 9:26 AM Reply   
matt, can't give you advice on meridian. i will say, however, that it's impressive to see that wakeboarding weighs so heavily on a major life decision. congrats and enjoy riding the nor-west.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-24-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
meridian is reeeeeeeeeeeally small!

alder lake (i think that's what it's called) isn't too far from meridian. that lake is really nice.
Old    sliderfreak            07-24-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
it sucks yo. my buddy has a house on it and unless u like to get run over by stupid peopole following you too close, or you like to swim in water that used to be a ?sewage? drainage lake then i wood say go for it, but most people like living. also during the summer, u might as well forget about gettin on it at around 2 cuz its slammed. sorry to bust it to ya

late
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-24-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
stay in school. don't do drugs.
Old     (mattkrull)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-25-2005, 5:57 AM Reply   
Thanks double d. We've seen the house and are trying to decide if it is worth the extra $ to live on that lake. Also, my wife's new position is in Bellevue. Is the commute from Kent to Bellevue (approx. 25 miles) bad?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2005, 7:24 AM Reply   
Matt,

Your probably better off looking into living further north. Lake Meridian is a very small lake, and has specific ski restriction hours that aren't condusive to good water conditions. The Kent to Bellevue commute will be a serious pain in the a## as well. I would suggest you look in the Newcastle and Issaquah area for a house. You won't be able to get on lake property unless your loaded, but you'll be in close proximity to Lake Sammamish witch is one of the nicest lakes for boarding in the Seattle area.

If you guys decide to come out prior to your decision, give me a shout and the Seattle Wakeworlders will show you around.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-25-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
Listen to Cliff (how's the cold?). Newcastle is a great place. Lakes are close and sometimes you find friends with docks and lifts (Laci).
Old     (wyblea)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-25-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
If you have a lot of money you can consider Lake Tapps...but can be a little bit of a pain in ()#* commute. It used to be an awsome lake for boarding but can get a bit crowded now. Good luck...
Old     (air_bordan)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-25-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
that commute really sucks!
Old     (mattkrull)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-26-2005, 4:01 PM Reply   
thanks everyone. We're going to keep looking further north