Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (mike_t)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-15-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
I just made another call to Skylon to find out where my 7 week old order was. They're hopeing for the parts by the end of the month. What bothers me is every time I call, I get a different reason for the delay. The first time it was shortage of speakers, second time it was a shortage of machined parts, the last time there waiting for cans. I've been number three on the list for over a month. I can't believe a company as big as Skylon can't get their act together. They've got til the end of the month and then I sh%#-can Skylon and there speakers! NVS here I come!

RANT OVER
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-15-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
Can them now and go for the NVS. They should not make you wait or at least give you the real reason. I hate it when companies screw with you. Go elsewhere.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-15-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
I ordered my Addictions on July 6th and got a predicted ship date of July 22nd. That sounds a lot better than 7 weeks. I wish it were immediate, but...
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-15-2005, 12:22 PM Reply   
talltigeguy,

Did you order an amp from NVS as well? If not what amp are you planning on using? I've almost talked myself into buying some additions too. I need to get on it if I want to have them before labor day!
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
The same thing happened to me when I ordered the Deafcon IVs at the beginning the summer. Thank God because now I am one happy NVS Customer. I have the addictions with the Zapco 1000.4. The amp is overkill but it works and sounds unbelievable. And also I did not get some BS excuse from Duane. He told me exactly how long it would be until they shipped what part the needed everything to a T. Skylon on the other hand gave me 4 excuses in 3 phone calls. First it was Image Dynamics fault, then they did not have the cans and then they only had the Carbon fiber cans not black. If I had not have been dicked around and given so many excuses, I probably would have waited, but I am glad I did not.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-15-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
PCX4125, it's got more juice than I'll need, but I guess I'll be ready to upgrade to some 1010's

I did order the addictions from Wakeside.com. I figured 120 reward bucks will come in handy soon.
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-15-2005, 11:29 PM Reply   
Just got the NVS 1010s. You will love them. Although I have not heard the Skylons. Word to the wise....you can't put enough power to the NVS 1010s. They are power hungry. I have a 2 channel 1000w Kenwood Excelon and it could use more. Sounds awesome.
Old    hyperryd            07-16-2005, 3:23 PM Reply   
I waited, and got my Defcon V's. It was a bummer waiting, but they are sweet. The look and sound are awesome. I can't say how long you will have to wait, but I am happy I did.