Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (edge04)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
My cats on my MCX 350 2008 X15 are over heating. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? The temp gauage bounces all over the place between 120 and 220. Seems like water is being restricted to the cats. Any ideas what I should look at? Thanks
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-04-2011, 6:36 PM Reply   
I read that Indmar was having overheat problems with the cats might check with them. Have you checked the strainer,trans cooler and raw water impeller?
Old     (edge04)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-04-2011, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I read that Indmar was having overheat problems with the cats might check with them. Have you checked the strainer,trans cooler and raw water impeller?
Well if they are then I hope it is under warranty!

Cleaned trans cooler, new impeller. It is def getting plenty of water up there.
Old     (edge04)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
so my cats are messed up! the inserts are all in pieces. anyone have an 2008 INDMAR with CATS?

someone told me that they reccomend that new inserts be installed every 300 hours.....sounds fishy to me and I never saw this in any manual or bulletin.

out of curiosity. say one was to remove the cat inserts. what would that do? there is only an O2 sensor before the cat (not even sure what this is reading) so doesn't seem like anything would run different??