Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
okay. well we just bought the canon vixia HFS100 video camera. it saves the video to a memory card.

so we took some video this weekend. and you can view it on the camera. but i plug the card into my card reader and it cant figure out what type of file it is.. so i pulled the cables out and plugged the camera directly into my computer hoping to import video into adobe premiere elements 4 using the capture media... and it cant even find the camera. but you can open the folders and view the files which worked exactly like the card reader. any suggestions on how to get the video into my computer? ive tried windows movie maker to hoping i could import. no such luck
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-17-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
have you tried importing the files to premiere from the card folder?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
i have, and all it imports is a single image from the very beginning of the video, (supper blury so i think its the beginning, person sitting in a chair with a handle in the water so i assume its the beginning)
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
not sure if this helps. but when you open the folder the view the files. there are several files that are between 12,000 KB and 65,000 KB (my guess is the clips from the winch pulls) but they are MTS format. never even heard of it. and my computer doesnt recognize them
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
reading the file it comes up.

First folder is titles

Private

once opened it reads 2 more folders titles

AVCHD and my_music

my music has nothing in it

but AVCHD has 2 more folders titled

BDMV and canonTHM

canonthm has the single still image

while BDMV has 4 folders titled

Backup-which has nothing in it

clipinf -with 10 files inside that are each 1 kb a piece in CPI format

Playlist-1 2kb file in MPL format

Stream- 10 files between 12,000 kb and 65,000 kb saves as MTS

And back to the BDMV folder, as well has the 4 folders, it has 2 files

one of which
is titled index and saved as BDM and taking up 1KB

and the other
is titled movieobj saved as BDM and taking up 1 kb
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-17-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
http://www.squared5.com/

Try this. MPEG STREAMCLIP. it's a very powerful...and free...app that can take just about anything and turn it into just about anything.
May work.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
i got it to upload to my computer. but i have to use their software. and i can only view it useing the software provided. cant do any editing. and im downloading that software now hoping to convert it
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-17-2009, 7:51 PM Reply   
doesnt support it. thanks though.. getting bugged by this. spend a grand on a camera. and cant even throw a quick edit together
Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-17-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
Search YouTube. Type the camera model, comma, Premier Elements 4.
May find help..
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-18-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Premiere elements 4 does not support AVCHD. Check out this link for some software solutions for you. It does look like if you upgrade to version 7 you shouldn't have any problems though. If you know someone with a Mac with imovie or FCP you could capture the files with that and then just copy the Quick Time files over.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403297.html

(Message edited by brinks on November 18, 2009)
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-18-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
no mac.. unfortunately...

and thanks brinks.

i downloaded sony vegas 9 last night (trial version) and i only used it for a few minutes, but i really like how it works. and it supports that video format. anyone using it and like it?
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
If you want to convert the ".mts" files, check out this free HD converter from CNET:

http://download.cnet.com/Free-HD-Converter/3000-2194_4-10916061.html?tag=mncol

It will convert ".mts" (ACVHD) format to any non-HD formats. Very easy, fast, and convenient.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-09-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
we got sony vegas so that we can edit it in acvhd then convert it to what ever we want. thanks though!