Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old    stillstandin            01-06-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Not looking for sympathy, just need to vent...
On 11/30 I was on my quad riding, went down a hill, had some avalanche affect, and went into a ravine.

I dislocated my knee, tore everything. Was in ICU for the first night making sure the main artery in my leg was not going to clot. Had surgery putting the bones back where they lined up. two weeks later had my second surgery where the repaired the MCL, and all the tendons on the inside of the knee. Got a nice 8 inch scar. So right not I have for posts into the bone, sticking out of my leg, two in the femur, and two in the fibula, then a nice looking device running between the posts locking my knee into place.

Its going to be a long recovery, and I may have to have an ACL surgery somewhere down the road. I cant wait for these posts to come out, and start the rehab process.
Old     (power_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-06-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
i know that your not looking for sympathy but that story is just to bad for me not to so sorry
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-06-2009, 2:45 PM Reply   
get better soon, sympathy deserved.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-06-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
sorry bro, if your bored laying around snap some pics of the scar for us. again sorry man!!!!
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-06-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
I know what its like not wanting sympathy, so I'll just 2nd the pics request. Get better though.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-06-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
ouch... feel for ya

speedy recovery!
Old     (wakecrzy2000)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-06-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
It always amazes me how someone can just blow a knee to pieces and in a year or two their back on the wakeboard. Watching people like Murray ride is really inspiring especially knowing that he went through the same process. So rehab and get back on that board.
speedy recovery
Old    stillstandin            01-06-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Thanks, and reading my first post it was clear my pain meds were working pretty good:-). I also forgot what kind of crowd this was, Ill get pic's up soon.

I love pushing my body, and love being in the gym. I have no doubt I will fight through this, but sitting here waiting for things to heal, not being able to get up, and shower, go to the kitchen etc.. is the hardest thing Ive ever been through. Thanks for your reply's
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-06-2009, 7:37 PM Reply   
Sucks being layed up like that, I'm sure too many of know first hand. Sorry to hear that. Here's to pain meds, a speedy recovery and some gnarly pics too.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-06-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Holy crap Craig.....heal well....
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-06-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
Craig...this too will pass. Just takes time...lots of it. I broke my tib/fib in 91 from a horse accident and had the external fixator too..then a rod. Now I forget it ever happened. Best of luck to you and just relax and heal.
Old    stillstandin            01-07-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
The good news is, is Im designated driver all summer. At least I can still get out there and enjoy the atmosphere, which for me is 75% if what wakeboarding is. Ill try to get some pics tonight.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-07-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
That's what you get for being a quad rider! How's that for no sympathy?

J/K dude. Good luck with the recovery.