Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (davegold123)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
i never wakeskated before and i was wondering how you would jump and the board staying on you
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-05-2007, 1:41 PM Reply   
Cut through the wake, don't flatten out....with wakeskating it's all about bringing the knees up.
Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-18-2007, 6:12 AM Reply   
so you arent suppose to ollie off the wake?
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-18-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
I don't really ollie off the wake. just like cosmocat, just cut through the wake and bring the knees up a bit. I jump way smoother on a skate, just flows better to me.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-10-2007, 6:44 PM Reply   
i usually cut in pretty hard too (like for a railey almost) that gets a lot of speed to clear the wake, and yeah the knees
Old     (wakeman7)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-11-2007, 4:55 AM Reply   
I have been having this problem too. when I go for w2w I have the distance but the board seperates from my feet about 8 inches and I land back on the board but that makes me lose balance and fall.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-11-2007, 1:00 PM Reply   
Cut through the wake and suck up the knees
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-11-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
How much air are you guys getting? You CAN do a sort of ollie, and you'll pop a lot bigger. I actually slightly "flatten" out at the wake, let the wake pop the board up (as if you were kicking the tail down), pop the back, then level out with your front foot in the air. I don't necessarily flatten, but you should take a comfortable cut in and try to pop. Grabs and spins will come much easier if you learn to pop.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-11-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
seen people almost tower hight, or pretty close, personally i leave that to the wakeboard, just do surface tricks
Old     (sancho)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-17-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
if you carve to hard youl just jump thae wake and get no higt. Cut at the wake with a progressive edge... not aggressive. And pop the tail like an ollie and you will get sooo much more hight.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-19-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
You can hold a progressive edge all the way through the wake and get decent pop (This is how I started going w2w) or you can hold a progressive egde and throw a little ollie as you ride up the wake and get more pop. If you are doing the method with the ollie be sure to suck your knees up so the board comes up with you. Once you get the timing right you can get some good height.
Old     (deedee)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
so i get the progressive edge part - dont carve too hard - just hard enough but the timing of kicking down your back foot to get at least some air over the wake is my problem. is it automatic? i can get the ollie - not too high but i have it and i feel like i am just going to crash the end of my board into the wake. any suggestions? i want to get it this weekend!!! i am tired of riding and not progressing. thanks!
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-01-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Once you start up the wake....pop that tail and bring those knees up. It's a little diff than ollies in the flats....you don't have to really flatten out first.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure I do most of the pop with my front foot, or at least let the wake pop my front foot up more, and then even it out before the peak. I skate a lil different than everyone though.

Progressive edge is crucial, you need to be in a comfortable and controlling position over the board.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
I know that was contradicting my previous post, but I just rode last night and was thinking about it. Good luck and charge it!