Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (wakeon)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-15-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
What keeps you stoked about the sport?
What can we do to make it better?
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-15-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   

YOUNG HOT CHICKS
Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!

WWW.WAKEON.COM
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-15-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
having others to ride with would help. I don't know about you but all my old waterski buddys got old and won't go anymore. If not for the people I've met here on wakeworld I wouldn't have anybody to ride with.
Old     (craig_riddle)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-15-2003, 3:05 PM Reply   
The fact that I'm wakeboarding and not at work is all I need to get stoked. Check this out for a little more inspiration -
http://www.bananageorge.com/
Old     (bond)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-15-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   

OLD DUDES ROCK!!!!!
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-15-2003, 3:59 PM Reply   
I agree w/ Craig...having someone to ride with. I have only one friend that goes out w/me once a week. If I had more to hang out w/in my age - ability group I would go more and get better.

I wanna be like banna george w/wakeboarding.

BTW We went out today, I perfected my blind ollies which I just learned a couple weeks ago after watching Mike Novak and finally seeing wHat I was doing wrong (thanks Mike) and landed two blind ollies goofy foot (my switch) and I landed a 360 today!

I want more!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2003, 4:12 PM Reply   
It's the air!

I just wish more 40+ women were stoked about it.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-15-2003, 5:09 PM Reply   
The fact I learn something new every time out. Even the simple things like learning to ollie a few weeks back and for the first time getting up and riding swith. Just let the rope out another 5 feet and am clearing the wake and getting more air. I have 100% stoke every time I put on my board. I still suck compared to others, but still ride with a large smile on my face and am still giddy when I do something simple and new.
Old    akman            08-15-2003, 5:12 PM Reply   
Giddy???? God help us all when you visit.........I bet you watch "teen cheese" too
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-15-2003, 5:31 PM Reply   
I'm old, and I likes to wakeboard! I likes to wakeboard more than I likes to do anything else! I think I'll go wakeboarding right now!

Oh yeah, I also likes the chicks that likes to wakeboard, too!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-15-2003, 5:33 PM Reply   
I got to say,it's meeting new people to ride with.Out of all the people I've ridden with I am still the oldest at only 39.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-15-2003, 5:35 PM Reply   
I am having fun and still keeping in pretty good shape. Wakeboarding is great exercise. Even though I don't do that many tricks, I get better and more consistent at the ones I do each year. Wakeboarding is a great sport. It helps me stay and feel young.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
The fun of just riding. Trying new tricks. Freedom of expression.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-15-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
Def. what George said,,,I am 31 and just started 2 months ago,,I ride with some really good people here in St. pete, Mike Novak, Craig, Suz, My husband.. and that motivates me,,also bringing new people out who are stoked and who pick it right up is fun too! After 2 months I am clearing the wake and pushing forward. I look at it like no one can hold me back except me. I have never been REALLY good at anything except my artistic eye for hair, but I feel really good about myself and my 'late blooming water abilities now!'
Old    wakejunkeygirl            08-15-2003, 6:05 PM Reply   
Oh, and the way my body looks and feels since I picked up the sport...sometimes 5 days a week, can't beat it and its so much more fun than sweating my ta-ta's off in the gym!! Plus all my young 12-19 year old guy clients think its really kool that their Hair designer wakeboards!! We have so much more to talk about now!!!!

Me BEFORE WAKEBOARDING:

Me AFTER WAKEBOARDING:
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-15-2003, 6:05 PM Reply   
Rich, I feel ya man. Most of the time Im the oldest in my group. Everyone says Im doing good, but I hear em talk "aww isnt it cute how the old guy tries to keep up" but I pay em no mind and keep ridin!
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-15-2003, 6:26 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, I think Mike is older than me although we dont hang out that much. Ive rode with him twice so far and had a good time each time...even with the messed up perfect pass. Just gotta get the timing down.

BTW Mike, if you end up reading this thanks again for "showing" me how to do the blind ollies. I pick up things Im working on easier if I see 'how' someone does them. I did 9 or 10 today on my ts (messed up on 1) and 2 on my hs. I also landed 1 and only 1 360 today and of course it was the end of the day so I didnt get to try anymore.

Angi, 5 days a week sometimes? Geez, I can only dream of such. I was happy as a school girl...I meant giddy as a school girl when I went out 3 days in a row during the last local comp weekend. Im lucky if I get once a week. Today was the 1st time on the water since the comp!

I got a few of my summer goals accomplished, sore hands, my bud got the rope tangled in the prop-no damage, whiplash a few times, minor concussion, spanked on my bootie from a messed up double up (stung for at least 10 minutes), eye lid peeler, sinus cleansing, a few blind ollies, enima, and a partridg...I mean...and a 360 hs!

All in all a GREAT day!
(no tape to prove any of it either )
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-15-2003, 6:44 PM Reply   
Mike,whats up with the site.Am I the only one postin'?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-15-2003, 6:51 PM Reply   
I've never really been involed or cared for team sports,but sometimes wakeboarding seems like a team thing,in a good way I mean.Somebody you know pulls a new trick or a sick move and you get excited about it.I'd feel better about my riding if I was a little better,but I like the stoke and the encouragement I get from some of my fellow riders.
Old     (wakeon)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-15-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   

It's all good!
Just being on the water makes it good.
I like the rush it gives me just going
wake to wake. I need to work on my
spins & grads. I'm starting to feel a
little stoke about wakesurfing. Mike,
are we going out Sunday morning?

Old     (wakeon)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-15-2003, 7:04 PM Reply   

and....Angi, you rock!
We need more girls like
you in wakeboarding.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
It's the challenge that keeps me going (and riding with young chicks like Angi in the after pic!). I guess it's official now, everyone I ride with has landed a 360 before me. Better get my butt in gear! Congrats Cliff! Yea, we should get together more often. A couple years ago I couldn't find anyone to drive for me. Now I've got so many people to ride with we have to ration our time. It's just a great sport, I've met so many cool people.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-15-2003, 7:20 PM Reply   
Thanx Mike, dont sweat the 3, I dont count any trick I learn until I can do more than one during the ride day. Anyone can get lucky, but if you do it more than once, its no longer lucks claim! However the blind ollies were kicking my butt until I saw how you were doing them the last time out w/you.
Old     (aquaholic)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2003, 7:22 PM Reply   
No problem Cliff, I want to take get the blind down w2w now. That and a 3 and I'll be pretty happy for a while.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-15-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
yeah, I havent gotten the blind off the wake or w2w yet. I have tried w2w once (I think thats where the enima came in play) but taking w2w has a whole different feel to it.
Old     (nautiboarder)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-15-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
I must have it made, there is a group of about 12 of us who board, 8 of us all the time. I have a 2000 Pro Air and one of my friends has a 99 X-Star. Thats what we do all summer. Now the kids are starting to pick it up, cutting into our boarding time. na its worth it to see your 7 year old daughter cutting it up out there.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2003, 8:54 PM Reply   
It's the challenge of the sport that keeps me hooked along with meeting new people and sharing the stoke!

I'm 36, but I feel 25...that is until I try to get my head off the pillow the next morning following one of my infamous face plants :-)
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-15-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
YOUR RIGHT OLD DUDES ROCK
By the way did I tell you that since I have learned to board girlfriend let me buy a new sanger 2003 V210 wake edition will take delivery 8-16-03 tomorrow

scott
Old     (tonys)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-16-2003, 12:57 PM Reply   
I have waterskied all my life. I started boarding when I was 50. that was about five years ago. I have not been on a ski since. There is no comparison. I would go every day if I could.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2003, 6:03 PM Reply   
YOUNG HOT DUDES!!!
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2003, 9:20 PM Reply   
This one hits home! I'm 18 with 21 years of experience!! Yup - The big FOUR OH this year)

It's been well defined by my "grown up" annual snow ski group. 20 years ago we all would only ski (water or snow). 10 years ago we started hating snowboarders. 5 years ago we all moved to the the snowboards and over the past few years all our slalom and snow ski's started collecting dust, giving way to our board toyz.

Today we all only snowboard and wakeboard and we now resent anyone that crowds our coves and powder.

Getting older is not an option, acting like it is!

Bill

(Message edited by MonsterTower on August 16, 2003)
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2003, 9:39 PM Reply   
Below is the only decent photo I have, doing a wake to wake 180 last year.

I'm landing these both ways and switch, as well as strong side W2W 360's but keep missing the handle pass

For my 40th my better half will be hooking me up at a wakeboard camp for a week, so if all goes well, "old fat guy" will be landing backrolls this year

Bill

Old    jbf            08-17-2003, 2:51 AM Reply   
see this
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php?photo=1606&password=&sort=7&thecat=9 98

i,m almost 40 and acting like a child when i stick some new stuff.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-18-2003, 6:30 AM Reply   
nice stuff jbf....I am just glad to get some height on my jumps....however just started working on my heelside 360. How painfull was the process learning your inverts ....when did you start? You have given me some inspiration to start my backroll!
Old    bambamski            08-18-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
35, what keeps me coming out is just hanging out with family and friends. Also watching my kids slowly getting better than me : )

Old    stormrider            08-18-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
I'm 43, ride 2-4 times, 2-4 hours a week. I keep riding because it's a great family activity and because I enjoy the living daylights out of watching my kids progress. Thursday and Friday we ride hard. Sat and Sun, to keep it a family thing we ride for 20-30 minutes then sit for that long or longer so we can talk and the younger kids can swim, eat or whatever. San V makes keeping this schedule pretty easy!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-18-2003, 9:38 PM Reply   
Bill,
That cove behind BR Marina rocks on a clear day. I grew up skiing that cove since I moved there when I was 10. First "skurfed" it around '89. Don't get back there too much these days, living on the west coast. Thanks for stoking me out with your pic!
Old    boardjockey            08-19-2003, 4:58 AM Reply   
just like to ride...