Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
Checkout what was at the Texas International Boat Show in Corpus Christi over the weekend. The new Wet Sounds Sea Hunter salt water series demo boat. This thing is unbelievable 40 foot Overall Length with a 11 foot plus beam and three Yamaha 350 V8's giving it a maximum speed of around 65 miles per hour. Brett at Wet Sounds is the proud owner and completed the rig with his CXT Truck which is built on an International 7300 chassis and equipped with a DT 466 diesel engine. That is just the basics, to say the Sea Hunter is tricked out is an understatement. The interior is custom fitted with, a pair of Revolution 8 tower speakers on the tee top, three SW-10 FA subs, four pairs of SW-650’s, one pair of SW-65’s, a WS-420 Equalizer, three SYN-4 and a SYN-1 amplifier to power everything. Along with all the offshore electronics anyone could ever need plus a custom installation of an iPad to supply all the music and video needs. If you get a chance you have got to see this boat.
Attached Images

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-11-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
Holy crap that boat looks awesome! It makes that giant truck look tiny it is so big!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-11-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
Holy cow. These guys must all be making too much money on these speakers. I might have to jump in the biz and compete. Anyone got any capital????

Sweet boat!
Old     (LightningRon)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-11-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
Should take that thing to Boat Week down here in Destin, FL. Awesome boat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2011, 3:11 PM Reply   
Wow! That thing is sweet! What are "Revolution 8 Tower Speakers"?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2011, 3:54 PM Reply   
That things is pretty cool I have never seen or heard of a fishing boat with a kicken system in it.
Thats the one thing that would get me out fishing. A boat with some Bass not the FISH but the SOUND!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-11-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
That is cool and pretty neat.

I have a Blue Wave 244 Magnum down in Port O'Connor and was surprised to see the number of shallow water fishing boats that had some Wet Sounds equipment.

How long is that sea hunter 37' or 40'?
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
Wet Sounds told us they are about to launch a new line of tower speakers called the Revolution Series, got to hear the prototype set on this boat and they are insane! I've had a pair of 485's on a boat and currently have Pro-80's and MB-8's and the Revolution 8's are not only the loudest tower speakers I have listened to but, hands down the clearest sounding ones. It is unreal how clean the sound is, they are so well rounded they don't even sound like horn loaded speakers. Wet Sounds was telling us that they spent 2 years designing and prototyping these speakers. They wanted the best combination of sound quality and output possible. They examined the way human ears hear sound and were able to build a much louder, super clean speaker, that does not have any high pitched horn sounds. They say these speakers compared to what is on the market today are beyond advanced, they are revolutionary, hence the name " Revolution Series".
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-11-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
That setup is pretty intense - I wonder what its like towing a boat that size, although if you were going to do it that is definitely the truck to have!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-12-2011, 8:03 AM Reply   
wow, that's crazy!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-12-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
11 foot beam! Can you legally tow that down the road?
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-12-2011, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quite the phallic symbol...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-12-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmayotte View Post
Wow - never seen anyone use that word on Wakeworld. Must be a personal favorite?
Old     (frosty2469)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2011, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy_smith View Post
Wow - never seen anyone use that word on Wakeworld. Must be a personal favorite?
Which word? "legally"?
Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-12-2011, 4:06 PM Reply   
Not to be a hater, but is anyone else wondering what you do with a 40' center console? If I have a 40' foot boat, it better have a bed in it, and somewhere to keep out the rain and sun. Just saying...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-12-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_b View Post
Not to be a hater, but is anyone else wondering what you do with a 40' center console? If I have a 40' foot boat, it better have a bed in it, and somewhere to keep out the rain and sun. Just saying...

It is an offshore sport fishing boat that can get you out to blue water fast and can handle significant swell. It is mostly rich guys and pro tournament fisherman that own these boats and they need to be able to head miles away from visible land and be in a boat that can handle it.

Have you ever been offshore fishing? If not - next time you are on the coast you need to go. It is a once in a lifetime experience. Take your sun screen if you are worried about being out in the sun
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-12-2011, 6:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty2469 View Post
Which word? "legally"?
Phallic
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-12-2011, 8:51 PM Reply   
Revolution Series?? Whats the story on those...

What do you do with a 40' center console?? I think the question should be what cant you do in a 40' center console lol

That boat is insane...
Old     (NOBODY)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-13-2011, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmayotte View Post
Ha! Nice way of putting it.
Old     (brian_b)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-13-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
I understand that, and that logic applies well to a bass boat. I am from Long Island, and have been offshore fishing many times, I've been to Montauk, Cape Hatteras, and now I live in Florida where there is abundant sport fishing, tournaments, and fishing boats...almost exclusively of the "sportfish" type boat. Cabin, flying bridge, tower, and rear fishing area. Those outboard engines would get in the way of any serious fishing. No tournament fisherman is going to want to loose a marlin or shark on those props. Just saying...

Not trying to get in an argument or debate, I'm just not seeing the utility of a 40' cc. But yes, for rich folks that want to look cool. And the boat does look cool. Granted.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-13-2011, 3:46 PM Reply   
Great boat.. Thats how you get the Tuna when they are to far out for a Cabo.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
I could see running that in the Carolina's for Tuna but its overkill for Florida. My tournament fishing and boat captain neighbor got rid of his 37ish Contender and dropped down to a 31'. Said it was too big.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-15-2011, 6:35 AM Reply   
Seems like a lot of go fast guys are switching over to big CC's with trips and even quads... Awesome boat for fishing, diving, poker runs, and cruising. The majority of the boats that run around here are CC or outboard powered express / walk arounds. Yes a lot with trips. There awesome boats. Maybe not the best for bill fish, when compared to something like a proper convertible, but they will get the job done and they are great bottom boats.

Love it, bring it to Emerald Coast Poker run, I would like to see it up close.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-15-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
Where's the stripper pole?
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2011, 10:12 AM Reply   
The Gulf of Mexico is not like offshore fishing in areas with a quick drop to deep water like Baja Mexico for instance, we were marlin fishing last year and could still see the shore. That is not going to happen leaving out of Galveston, Texas more like a 90 plus mile run to blue water and big sport fish. Out of Galveston, most of your charter services and private owners run center consoles since you need to be able to cover large amounts of water as quick as possible. It would take a sport fishing boat 3 times more time to cover what this boat can in one day. The last time we chartered out of Galveston on a center console we covered a little over 220 miles in one day and came back with 5 black fin tuna, 18 red snapper, 6 dorado and a barracuda that went back in. Overall one of the best days I have had offshore. We would have never put that many fish in the box in one day on a sport fishing boat. Hate all you want but, this is someone’s dream boat, things like this don’t come free the guy worked his tail off to get it. He has tournament fished the bays for years and jumped offshore when weather permitted in the last boat, this will allow him to truly tournament fish offshore.

The reference to “phallic symbol” is too funny, probably what the average boat owner says when you go by in your fancy wake boat. According to that commit it seems a lot of us that have expensive trucks pulling expensive boats have a “phallic symbol” too. I have seen rigs on here that easily run over a 100k, for a pickup truck and ski boat, how phallic. I foresee “phallic” being the word for the week, hell I might even get a bumper sticker for the boat trailer that says, “SUCK my Phallic Symbol”. Just because you can’t afford something doesn’t make it a “phallic symbol” for someone else that can afford it. Hey at least the guys at Wet Sounds own boats unlike some audio manufactures that make product for the wake industry.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-15-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
I think the boat is awesome btw. Imagine how awesome that thing would be to party on at a wb tournament. Space for 4 kegs and 3 ice luges!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-15-2011, 11:41 AM Reply   
I'll clarify my comments. Southeast Florida where the Gulfstream and Blue Water are 3 to 10 miles off-shore that is a big center console. But to run 90 miles offshore and not worry about getting beat to hell, changing seas, and be home for a late dinner, no question it's a great machine. I'm sure it has a bit of space under deck and a nice pooper under the console as well. Also, what many people do not realize that for the size of the boat and water covered in a day, it's fuel efficient. Shade is always a premium but nothing a big hat and long sleeves cannot resolve.
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-17-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
those motors are child's play.... check this out!

http://www.seven-marine.com/motors/technology/

CTS-V engine in an outboard!
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-17-2011, 5:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
The reference to “phallic symbol” is too funny, probably what the average boat owner says when you go by in your fancy wake boat. According to that commit it seems a lot of us that have expensive trucks pulling expensive boats have a “phallic symbol” too. I have seen rigs on here that easily run over a 100k, for a pickup truck and ski boat, how phallic. I foresee “phallic” being the word for the week, hell I might even get a bumper sticker for the boat trailer that says, “SUCK my Phallic Symbol”. Just because you can’t afford something doesn’t make it a “phallic symbol” for someone else that can afford it. Hey at least the guys at Wet Sounds own boats unlike some audio manufactures that make product for the wake industry.
Haha, that's what I thought when I read the negative comments about this boat. People that buy 20+ inch rims for their trailers or have an F250 with a gigantic lift to pull a 3500 lb boat have no room to comment on pointless and/or image-conscious spending.
Old     (davenk)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-18-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
That boat was in League City Texas last weekend at the boat show at South Shore Harbor.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-21-2011, 2:39 PM Reply   
Here are some shots of the Sea Hunter 40 foot. And some shots of the CXT that pulls it. The boat and truck is my business partner Brett's. The CXT is his daily driver. Yup!. We have a new partnership with Sea Hunter so Brett has worked with them to build his dream boat and something we can use for Team Wet Sounds fishing team.

We released a whole series of products aimed just for the salt water boats and have many more to come. So this is a great way to showcase those products. I know most of the guys here are wake guys but I can tell you the center console market for big boats is a big deal in TX and FL and the gulf coast. You will se 35 to 40 and some companies are working on 42 and 45's. All in center console fishing boats with trips or quads.

Some of the pics you will see the Team Papotanic "garmin" boat that we also sponsor. It is a true tournament fishing boat with a nice Wet Sounds system in it.

The Wet Sounds Sea Hunter has 4 pairs of SW-650 in the boat with 3 SW-10 subs and a pair of the new REV 8 tower speakers hard mounted to the T Top. It has a SYN-4 running the tower speakers, a SYN-4 running 3 prs in boats, a SYN-4 running the other pair of in boats and one SW-10 and a SYN-1 running the other 2 SW-10's. It also has a iPad built into the dash inbetween the garmins, a WS-420 eq, clarion DVD head unit and Sat video with DVR. We have plans to add some LED lighting and do some other custom stuff later. There is a bed in the center console instead of the toilet. It runs Trip Yamaha 350's and can do about 70 on the water. The trailer was custom built by Ameratrail and is all powder coated black. The top underneath is all black and the pipe is all powder coated black as well. Wrap was designed by us and Mario from WakeGraphics who did the wrap on the Tige demo boat. Sign Zoo installed the wrap.

Join our Facebook page as I will be posting up what events we will be at with it.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Attached Images

Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2011, 3:33 PM Reply   
How does the throttle system work? 2 sticks three engines? Some kind of fancy digital setup I assume? Awesome boat btw...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2011, 3:47 PM Reply   
I would imagine one stick controls the gear (F,N,R) and the other controls the RPM
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-21-2011, 5:50 PM Reply   
would make sense but what happens if you loose an engine?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2011, 7:17 PM Reply   
This is from the Yamaha controls website:

The smooth and precise benefits of Command Link Plus Digital Electronic
Control is offered for triple-engine configurations, too. Also utilizing only
two handles, a user-operated selector switch allows the operator to customize which engines provide forward and reverse thrust (port throttle lever controls both the port and center engines via the selector switch), for optimum boat control and handling. Individual engine trim switches are provided directly on the control, and a master trim switch is located on the port handle.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-22-2011, 5:36 AM Reply   
Just when I thought I was doing ok to have a paid off Denali and a paid off Axis A22 with a wetsounds system in it. Hmph! I need to win the damn lottery, or I need a dream plaintiff's case where some 19 year old Harvard grad gets hit by a coke truck or something.
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-22-2011, 5:45 AM Reply   
Makes sense, I figured it was some kind of digital set up...
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-22-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
You need to add a bow thruster. A little wind or current at the dock is going to be a hightmare.