Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
It did not come with fins. When I complained here is our email correspondences

we have sold over 100 of these without fins, someone out there is able to buy fins, dont give up so quickly
there are so many screw on fins that would work on this borad i am really shocked you are complaining about this
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...32b8af52b7e0b8

you can get a refund, but you need to return the wakeboard and to the money it cost to ship it back is about what the refund is so what is the purpose of that?

Company was wtswo skateboard
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
more emails

there is nothing i can do about that, that should not be our worry. however that doesnt stop you from finding a few online and calling them

----- Original Message -----
To: tmmmr
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: Need replacement fins

We don't have a board shop anywhere close
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:26:20 -0700
To: H. Matthew Fuqua
Subject: Re: Need replacement fins

i can see it from gator, but the fact is not being able to fins doesnt make sene

like i suggested go to your local board shop - or at least call them
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
you try deperately to embarrass us by embarrassing your self. congrats

arrogant ignorant self rightous and scorned, oh the irony, its like a child crying out for attention
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
Their latest email -again

"its f-ing power trip with you. you are a wanna be alpha male"
Old     (willwakeup)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-18-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
you also could have supported your local shop ...

or even buy from a reputable online shop. Sorry dude but that's the crap you got to be aware when you buy on ebay... THAT'S WHY IT'S CHEAPER !
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-18-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, you are right but we don't have a shop within 70 miles that has more than one board. Typical sports authority stuff/ The closest major shop is over 200 miles away, I should have gone to a reputable online dealer. I have bought some stuff from The House and had good luck.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
or you should just buy some fins? Don't even see what the problem is here? What board did you buy and what type of fins do you need? I'm sure ww can hook you up. I've got some gator fins around.

Welcome to the internetz bro.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-19-2010, 7:07 AM Reply   
It was a gator board and I contacted G8rboard and they said they don't make them anymore. It is sort of a wierd set up with one hole and no other holes for stability. Guess I should have known. That is what they said, "what did you expect?" I said I expected a complete wakeboard to which they said, we didn't advertise it as "complete". I could see getting such treatment from an individual, but not from a business.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-19-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
Did the auction say it came with or without fins? Did he specify?
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-19-2010, 6:54 PM Reply   
The auction just said new in wrapper wakeboard. It did not say one way or the other if it had fins.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-19-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
Yeah that's pretty lame it didnt come with fins. Not much you can do about it now though. Try and find some other fins that might fit or try it finless, you might even like it!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-19-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
Its lame that it didnt come with fins, but they didnt say it did, and it really isnt their responsibility to give you fins at this point. And like they said, they have sold 100s of the boards, for an online shop selling stuff on ebay, customer service may not be a huge concern. Give them negative feedback if you really want to stick it to 'em.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-20-2010, 4:05 AM Reply   
wa wa wa
Old     (Shredable11)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-20-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
I wouldnt be happy... And the people responding to you telling you that you should just go buy some or you shouldve supported your local shop would not be happy if their new board showed up without fins either...
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-20-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Zac,

I just to see if I was off base and thought I could get some good responses here. I might have found some fins that will work and if not, I am going to make a bench out of it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-20-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
fins are so 1999.

Just kidding.

Call the house they will hook you up. They have all sorts of fins laying around.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-20-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
I personally think it's BS they don't ship fins with the board and I'm sure they wouldn't post "fins not included" and I wouldn't have thought to ask if they did or not.

Don't know for sure on Gator boards but don't all boards come with fins when buying new? Seems odd.

At the same time you might wanna try the board before you decide whether you really need them or not.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
What shop is it?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-20-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
If it was new in wrapper file a complaint with eBay.
Old     (consigliereg8r)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-20-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
A-dub http://myworld.ebay.com/wstwo_skateboards/

WSTWO Skateboards.

http://wstwo2.net/

I filed a complaint with ebay and they said I could pay for the shipping back to the company and they would pay refund the original price but not my return shipping.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-20-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Agree with John - every new board I ever bought that had removable fins and came in shrink wrapper had fins included. It's a reasonable expecation, regardless of how many others may have bought shrink wrapped boards from this vendor without fins included.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2010, 2:09 PM Reply   
boards come with fins, bindings come with screws. Customer shouldn't have verify either of them
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-20-2010, 5:14 PM Reply