Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (moombadaze)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-09-2009, 7:52 AM Reply   
I know Sanger and Mastercraft now have the trim tabs available, has anybody actually used them for surfing? Any change in wave height, length? Can you use less ballast and have the same wave as before using tabs?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-09-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
There have been a few threads talking about this. Trim tabs set across the hull like Sanger does won't increase wave height but will allow for adjusting the steepness of the wake. They allow for less ballast in front only. Probably do increase length as well.
Old     (easyed77)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-16-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried the switchblade? I am very interested in installing one on my boat.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
Eddie, search this forum. There are tons of post on the switchblade. I plan on installing surf tabs in the spring, and I will let everyone know the outcome.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-16-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
I talked to my mech about them today,but I want to see what the difference is first.

Anyone got pics of a fully weighted V210 with trim tabs?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       10-16-2009, 6:27 PM Reply   
Not sure that anyone has ever put trim tabs on a V210. Sanger has put tabs only 3 boats that I know of. 2 V237's and a V215. Not sure if anyone put there own on, but kind of doubt it. I can tell you on the V237 it allows for adjustment to the size and shape of the wake but will not make it bigger. It will allow for less weight in the bow.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-16-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
I saw em on a V230 today

Like it needs it

LULZ
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-16-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
I've got one of those V237's that Dennis has used with the tabs on it. He is spot on with how they affect the wave.

I like the tabs a lot. I don't need an extra bag up front, I just change the angle on one of the tabs and my pocket extends back as if I weighted down the bow. Currently I have to sack my boat out as I haven't yet removed the ridiculously small hard tanks and plumbed in custom bags yet, so any time saved not having to fill another bag is super helpful.

So tabs can be helpful, if you're tired of filling/draining bags like me, but they won't make your wave potential any better.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-17-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
Andrew,
Does it help the boat list at all?
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-17-2009, 9:40 PM Reply   
The list of the boat does not increase noticeably.

I tried playing around with the tabs to list the boat more. The tab that should do it just seems to kill the wave, rather than put you on your side more than you already are. The only positive movement for surfing is forward, dropping the bow down.

The biggest benefit outside of surfing is how the tabs decrease list. So you can be super loaded on one side, then hit a button and be ripping flat to another spot on the lake without dropping water.

(Message edited by taft on October 17, 2009)
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-18-2009, 9:45 AM Reply   
My avy is sensitive to weight. I am hoping this mod will help that.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-18-2009, 2:14 PM Reply   
A starboard tab should lower the port nose. A port tab should lower the starboard nose.