Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-15-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
I just ordered a new LSV and am having the Gravity III added. My question is how big are the factory sacks and how much bigger sacks can I go with in that application, and what is the price difference between the two. Will most dealers credit you for smaller unused sacks to upgrade? Also can I get a larger sack for the front locker or is that about as big as that locker will hold.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-15-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
The bags are 400 lbs each in the LSV. An 800 lb bag with the right dimensions will have no problem fitting in a back compartment. The front ski locker will be maxed out with the 400 lb bag. You will need to add another sack either in the walkthrough or under the front cushions to equal out any extra weight in the back.

I wouldn't count on dealers to credit the smaller bags. Dealers have to sell you the boat so that the boat still falls within the coast guard regulations. They will however sell the the bigger bags as an aftermarket item.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-16-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
Jon, can you really fit an 800lb bag in the rear lockers of the new LSV? I can't even fill a 750lb bag ( rear) all the way in my 22 SSV.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-16-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
hey newty... talk to shane as he has his LSV weighted great. I think he has 750's in his back compartments. He did get an integrated bow sac, but not sure he ever used it. Chat with him though so you can actually see his in person.
Brady, knows a guy to get those sacs pretty reasonable too.
Cheers and good to see you on Sunday. Congrats on the new ride. You will like it.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-16-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
i do have the 750's in the back but rarely filled them for wakeboarding. the front is full with the 400# in the locker so i did buy an integrate bow sack that i need to plumb in this winter. the 750's come in handy for surfing. if i want to fill them, i had been adding a 350# tube sack on the floor directly on top of the locker. Congrats on the LSV, you will love it! What color did you order? I'm sure you have big plans for the stereo also. Make sure to get the 14.25 x 14 prop. The stock prop is terrible, much less out of the hole and only 2 mph faster on the top end.
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-16-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
I just went through this process about four months ago....the factory sacks are 250lbs in each locker....i upgraded to the 400lb bags in each and it is amazing...i recommend the 400lbs and if youre not happy, slap in the 750s.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-16-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
hey so i am thinking about a xlv. Is the prop you are talking about the CNC prop upgrade?
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-16-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
I have 06 LSV.. Came with the 275lb sacks. replaced with Fly High 750s... FIT PERFECT.
07 and 08's come with 400's now. For most wakeboarding, the 400's do fine. If you want to surf, you'll appreciate the 750. I never wakeboard with the 750's full.. a little over half is about all I need.

This is the one you want for an LSV:
Pro X Series Fat Sac™ - W707
dimensions: 50 x 20 x 20 weight: 750 lbs. / 340 kg.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-16-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
I have 2 650's with the water bed type fittings and was hoping to figure out away to plumb them if possible. I also have a 1100 pounder I could throw in the bow if I wanted to go big.
I got about every option available minus- the stereo, and dual batteries , and all the salt water stuff.
Had trailer ordered w/ laser cut fenders with the LEDs behind, stainless fenders, tandem axle, transome straps. Had to pay for 2 gelcoat upgrades, and the Z-5, ouch!
I cant figure out how to paste the pic so go to the Moomba LSV page and select pattern E with Black Main and Hull, Fossil Accent and Deck. With the tribal Mobius, black with stainless rubrail. Oh and the tan and brown interior and carpet (not shown on Moomba).
Or maybe one the more computer savvy wake world crew could help me out!
Its gonna look sick! In my very excited yet humble opinion! Definitly unique. Its almost the same as the LSV that was behind the 22 ssv worlds next to the beer stand at the PDX boat show.
I hope it turns out good!
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-16-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
AndY,
The upgraded prop was only an extra 90 bucks or so, got that too. Whether it was CNC I dunno.
Diggs,
Good to see you too! I really miss the pdxwake group, and setting silly on the Willy. Hopfully we get down there more this summer.
Shane,
I'd like to check out your ballast set-up one of these days. Active let me keep most of the big stereo stuff out of the MB, Amps, subs, tower speaks, and batteries. Already looking to get 3 sets of Punch mids for the interior and grabbing a little bigger amp for the towers. I'm thinking about going with the clarion deck again with the dash and transome digital remotes. Prolly build a Slot port box for my L5 like i did for diggs 21V. and try to just hide my Comp cvr behind the dash or something.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-17-2008, 5:09 AM Reply   
Where are you guys getting your windows on you boats tinted and how much should I expect to spend?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-17-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
best bet is to take it out of the frame to get the best job on it, but i think the lsv is a 2 piece window on each one...?? if so you could do it while on the boat.... i can't remember what i paid on my last boat, but around $200 and it wasn't a great job... I have not tinted the 07....