Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-25-2013, 7:02 PM Reply   
Does anyone know anything about this boat? How does it ride in rough water and how is the wake?

Thanks
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-25-2013, 7:06 PM Reply   
Why ask, you know your getting another V210.....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-25-2013, 8:01 PM Reply   
I had a cal air which is basically the same boat other than it had the under the floor ballast and tower. I only had it for a short time and never actually even boarded behind it. Calabria did some very nice things on that boat that most didn't have. The fuel tank is under the floor in the front so the rear locker is absolutely huge compared to other boats like it. The locker is probably big enough to fit a 750# or bigger bag. The trade off is that there is no ski locker in the walkthrough though. Most had little jump seats for each side of the dog house. They are simple and don't have backs but are a nice little feature. Another great feature is that the rear seat bottom lifts up and sets on the arm rests of the seat giving you a full vdrive sized sunpad. This is another place you could put a large ballast sack. The problem is you have great places to put up to about 1500#'s in the rear of the boat but to get any weight up front you have to put a sack on the front seats or in the walkway.

I felt it was a very nicely put together boat. The boat itself has a hull design similar to most supra's and moomba's. The front half of the hull has a fairly steep deadrise but abruptly turn into a flat bottom hull about half way towards the back. Point being if you can keep the bow down and cutting through the water the ride will be ok. The boat you are looking at probably has a manual adjust trim plate. With it down far enough it will keep the bow down. The problem is that is probably not the best place to have it for creating it's best wakeboard wake. If the boat could be retrofitted with a bennett trim tab it would be sweet.

My biggest complaint and the reason I sold the boat was the boat took water over the bow way to easy. I can't imagine there has ever been a worse boat at this in all of tournament boat history. It literally felt like it was going to take water over the bow just idling with 2 people in the boat and no ballast. I had about 10 people in mine and came off plane while not paying enough attention. I buried the nose and ended up with 6" to a foot of water in the boat. It was scary as hell. I put the boat up for sale the next week. We have since named that boat the submarine. If you are going to use it in rough water I would look at something else.
Old     (ashjbrown)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-25-2013, 8:46 PM Reply   
I completely agree with how easy water got into the boat because of the way the bow sits in the water. The wake also made a double lip, which made it difficult to wakeboard behind.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-25-2013, 9:39 PM Reply   
I had a Cal-Air D-Drive like Brett. I used to run around 600lbs in lead, the stock ballast and ton of stereo gear and batteries in it. Made a good wake and was easy on gas compared to larger V-Drives. Handling was great too. Water over the bow is going to happen. You need a very experienced driver that knows how to come off throttle and rotate the boat at the same time. It prevents the bow from dipping and rollers from happening. Put an inexperienced driver in it and you'll get soaked. A buddy of mine is a really good driver and he could get it to soak just the back seat passengers on purpose.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-26-2013, 6:19 AM Reply   
lol. i love the v210's and have had 2 but looking for just a cheap boat to mess around on and not break the bank.

thanks
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-27-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
How does it compare to the Sanger dlx?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-28-2013, 4:42 PM Reply   
or how does it compare to a sport Nautique? anyone?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-02-2013, 6:09 AM Reply   
The reason I ask is I found one with under 200 hours for 8keep but so far it looks like I need to steer clear??
Old    Axis22            03-03-2013, 4:34 AM Reply   
You can get a brand new Axis a22 well Equipped for under 60k out the door that puts out the best wake for the price
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
^^ Is that irony?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2013, 7:13 PM Reply   
8k sounds like a good price. The boat in decent shape has to be worth at least 12k. With those hours even if it is a little rough, buy it, use it, clean it, fix some things and sell it for 12-15k.

Darren, has to be sarcasm doesn't it?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-04-2013, 8:49 PM Reply   
still a bit worried about rough water ride...