Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-27-2012, 6:52 PM Reply   
I have an old pair of Zues bindings that my feet slide forward in on hard landings and cramp my toes. I think the boots are 4 years old and thought maybe they are out dated or too big. Or, maybe I need to suck it up, quit whining and continue using what I have. I don't wakeboard as much as I used to so consequently I don't get into the board shops like I used to. Can anyone offer up some advice?
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2012, 8:21 PM Reply   
check out snowdealsnow.com they have some pretty sweet company bindings on there for $100 that a lot have wakeworld members have jumped on
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-27-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
search up company in the search box and sdn5 is a coupon code that you can use that is basically the same as free shipping
Old     (mpfiste2)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-28-2012, 5:30 AM Reply   
How does the weight of the Vandall bindings compare to some of the newer Ronix bindings? Do you feel you can cinch the velcro tight enough?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-28-2012, 5:33 AM Reply   
damn, only $65 and free shipping

http://store03.prostores.com/servlet...o.-Mens/Detail

Are they really a good binding?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-28-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
It sounds like you're in search for a better fit, in which case I would want to try those boots on before you buy. Do you have a local shop where you can sample?

I would suggest the CWB Vapors. They offer 3 velcro straps that will allow you to adjust the fit easily while you ride.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-30-2012, 5:34 AM Reply   
Should I look at open toed boots or do you think the problem with my current boots is that they are not a propper fit?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-30-2012, 6:45 AM Reply   
If your foot slides, theyre not a proper fit
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-30-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave, that's what I was thinking.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-30-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Ya brotha you don't want any play in the boot as far as slipping around. Recipe for a broken ankle and a proper fit would probably give you more control as well. You don't want a squeezed in fit either because pressure points will kill you. Like J-Rod said you should really find a shop and try some on. I understand were all not in a position to drop $300 on a brand new pair of bindings but go find what you like and fits "snug" and see if they will cut you a deal or worst case scenario shop online. I try to support my local businesses when it comes to product but I don't always have the money to pay retail.