Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-02-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
How do I pump up the brakes to bleed them on my sports boat trailer? Or do you just reverse bleed them (pump brake fluid back up the line from the drum)?
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-03-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
anyone?
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Do you have surge brakes? You can use the emergency actuator to pump the master piston. Not as simple as pushing the pedal in an automotive system, but it works.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-03-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Mine has surge brakes,so the only way I could do it was to pull the hitch,lock into the trailer,and pump it....kinda like a well pump ....is that clear?

It worked really well,and now I have great brakes.
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-03-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastbird View Post
Do you have surge brakes? You can use the emergency actuator to pump the master piston. Not as simple as pushing the pedal in an automotive system, but it works.
We don,t normally have these type of hitch in Australia but the trailer came with my Sanger when I imported it. How do I use the emergency acuator? It has surge brakes. Couple pics would be nice. Thanks.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       07-03-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
There should be a little slot in behind the hitch catch that you can stick a large flathead screwdriver in and use it to pump the cylinder by hand. Look up underneath and you will see it. I usually back the truck up to it about 3' away and sit/push on the bumper and use my foot to push the screwdriver to manipulate the cyclinder.

Make sense?
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-03-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newty View Post
There should be a little slot in behind the hitch catch that you can stick a large flathead screwdriver in and use it to pump the cylinder by hand. Look up underneath and you will see it. I usually back the truck up to it about 3' away and sit/push on the bumper and use my foot to push the screwdriver to manipulate the cyclinder.

Make sense?
Sure does. Thank you.