Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-21-2009, 8:35 AM Reply   
...at least once, where would it be?

I'd take Venice in a heartbeat.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-21-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Chicago River!
Upload
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-21-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
From some of the videos I've seen...Thailand! In the States though I would have to go with Powell.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-21-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
Could you imagine the rollers in Venice?
I think people would complain about your wake flooding their docks, I mean front door step :-)

I think there was footage I saw from a few years ago when guys were riding in an underground cave. I think it was a Red Bull event. That would be sick and would be my pick.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-21-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
The lake in the faction where parks did a tantrum with a log in his hand. Maybe Shammamish? Not sure. Something more reasonable- the keys or bahamas.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-21-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
I've seen rivers in Hawaii or New Zealand that just looked breathtaking and begged to be ridden.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-21-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
New Zealand for sure. I am waiting for Yearsley to send me a plane ticket!!
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-21-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Andrea...its been done... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK8JXPcJoRc
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-21-2009, 10:03 AM Reply   
SWEET, now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for posting. I vote for a tour stop there one year!
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-21-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
Andrea,
In theory, it would be an awesome place for a pwt stop. It would draw a huge crowd (its in the middle of downtown) there are restaurants / bars near by, and there is a walkway on both sides of it (tons of great up close viewing available), and the water is always, ALWAYS, great. The only downside to it would be parking (it costs like 8 dollars an hour to park at a meter now)
In reality, the city is way to retarded to let something like this happen. We only just allowed sufing on Lake Michigan on certain beaches, between certain dates.
BTW, I have no idea what the fine would be if Nick and Julz got caught, but I'm sure it would have been crazy.
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
hands down, Dubai!!
Old     (boarderpat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-21-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
NZ for sure...Kai Iwi Lakes is awesome (Brad Smeele, Jeff Wetherall and Chris O'Shea rode there in the movie Accidental) and Mangakino is awesome as well (where Ralph Yearsley has his wake vacation home) I've been lucky enough to ride at both when the weather was really playing ball!!

here is a pic of the lake at Mangakino, it was like this for 4 straight days while I was there...

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-21-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
THere is no place in the world I would rather ride that out local up secret spot!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-21-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
Matt, the only reason to ride Sammamish is because of the history on the lake. In the summer is is completely useless as a wakeboard/ski lake. In the spring and summer though it can be endless butter.

I have already ridden on my dream lake, Radar Lake. I was in complete awe the first time I was up there. Views of the Olympic Mountains, Cascade Mountains and Mt Rainer, not to mention the history of the lake. It is also awesome driving past a golf course through a residential neighborhood and all of a sudden turning down a driveway and seeing a sick lake. I don't even know if any of the neighbors even know about it.

Other than that I would like to ride on the lake, river or sea that was posted with the white and black X2 in Croatia where the boat looked like it was floating on air.

Upload
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-21-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^That is nuts!!!!^^^^^^^

That would be pretty trippy. I would get freaked out driving the boat.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-21-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
WHOA SICK PICTURE^^^^^^^^ Id take Radar Lake
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-21-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
haha I watched a vid of a couple guys like the bonifays and a few others ride water that was almost that clear and they were all having trouble with double ups because the wake was so clear it was near impossible to see, it would be kind of creepy/cool seeing a reef or something below you as your riding though

(Message edited by adambarry on July 21, 2009)
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-21-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Seine River, Paris.
no doubt
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2009, 1:07 PM Reply   
AHHH forgot about Seine River in Paris. That would be super tight! Is it warm in the summer there? Only been in the Spring twice when it's cold and rainy.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'm with Andy... I love home.

just a fantasy type thing would be somewhere ocean, super clear water, and like dolphins jumping around or something.... just a "movie" type scene.

Home sweet home
Upload
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-21-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
Venice has been done. Here is a winch session in Venice.

http://videos.wakeboardingmag.com/members/viewVideo.php?video_id=1360&title=Winching_Flooded _Venice_Italy
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-21-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
That's home for you, Nick?! Your home happens to be my 'movie type scene'...

And, I'm not sure that Nintzel calling out a secret spot counts... there has to be someplace you'd want to at least say you'd ridden. Lake Baikal, perhaps??
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
Here's another thought..Amsterdam in the channels. Would give a true definition to wake and bake, ha!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-21-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
Ridin the Seine in the morning, then shopping at place des vosges, then a sunset run in front of the E tower - then out to dinner at George, or le Kong.
priceless...
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-21-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
Lake Maraetai (Mangakino) is probably the best lake I've been to for riding.

Kai Iwi is another epic spot, haven't been there for ages but it's incredibly clear.

I'd like to ride Spectacle Lake in Mangawhai (NZ) and then surf Forestry or Te Arai point.

Powell looks sick as well I'd love to ride in the US.

(Message edited by jtnz on July 21, 2009)
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-21-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
Powell is awesome, took 3 houseboat trips there in the '90s, early 2000's, glass all day, and the scenery is unbelievable! Long drive, but worth it.

Late summer, 2001 up the Escalante arm...

Upload

(Message edited by rio_sanger on July 21, 2009)
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-21-2009, 10:36 PM Reply   
Nick,thats funny you posted this because I was just out riding a few hours ago and 4 or 5 dolphins were swimming right next to us while we were riding...Upload
Upload
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-22-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
On a Star Trek holodeck!... so you can try all the crazy junk you want and it will never hurt when you fall
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-22-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
Brett- your pic is awesome!!!!!

My vote is Crater Lake, OR

Upload

I went there with my family and all I could think about was destroying that butterific water!!!!!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-22-2009, 4:14 PM Reply   
Too many possibilities!

-Lake Powell
-Singapore River
-Lake Charvak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Charvak)
-Thames River in London
-Anywhere with a glacier and butter
-Lake Baikal
-Okavango Delta, Bostwana
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-22-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
philippines
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-22-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
Becky - crater lake would be nice. I just think the water would be too damn cold! the color of that lake is just amazing though. especially in person.
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-22-2009, 6:23 PM Reply   
Upload

If I had to pick I would say the Geiranger Fjord in Norway! The water is really cold but it was one of the most beautiful things I saw in Europe.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
Holy cow...I didn't even notice the person looking over the cliff at first glance! That's a long way down! Very cool looking place!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-22-2009, 11:05 PM Reply   
Little ol NZ in the house. Thanks for the shout outs fellas, you are welcome anytime, but you must provide your OWN AIRFARE. For I me I want to ride the dirty delta with the CIE boys on the RockCrusher. Oh and have a backup day for DRA Gary and family.
Upload
Pat!
Upload