Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-20-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Im driving down the highway today trailering my boat and the tire pops. I look back and the wheel is dragging and sparks are flying everywhere. When I axle was completely bent and had ripped off the side. I had to call a flat bed to come get it and it barely fit. Luckily we finally got it on and the tow place is dropping it off at a trailer shop tomorow
Old     (dubsac)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-20-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
damn man sorry to hear that.. good thing your boat is ok.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-20-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
dam manny. for some reason ive seen a lot of those problems with the master-craft trailers. ive seen a 04 x2's trailer fender ripped off because the tire flew off because of the same problem. ive also noticed that ultimate water-sports in rohnert park are using other trailers other than master-crafts. i wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-21-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
It was an aftermarket trailer not a mastercraft one though so i can't get mad at mastercraft for it. First thing i thought was i should've gotten the mastercraft trailer, but i guess since this happens to those too i don't feel so bad lol
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-21-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
Mastercraft doesn't build trailers.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-21-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
Yes they do I have been to their plant and seen it with my own two eyes they have their own trailer shop. I have also had my trailer come apart just like listed above. They want to deny a problem, but they have one. I have been told by friends at the plant that this has happened alot, and they are trying to fix it, while keeping it under wraps.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       05-21-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
I was towing my boat last year and had a bearing go out. I was stuck in the middle of trafic in the dark with pulling it up on a flatbed tow truck with the wheel about to fall off.
After we got the the trailer on the tow truck and the axle braced one of the police officers pushed on the wheel and it fell off. We were lucky that it stayed on just long enough.

That incident almost made me get a tandem trailer. It would have been a much less intense situation if I had been able to tie the axle up and drive it to safety.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
what brand of blow out specials were on it?
radials or bias ply?

i bet they were not goodyear marathon radials...

when you lose a tire or bearings it does not take long to grind the ubolts off and disconnect the axle.

did the flying tread take out your fender or side of boat?
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-21-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
Maybe I stand corrected. is that a new development? B/c I believe when I bought my first MC, the trailer was manufactured elsewhere. Anyway, a tire popping would not be MC's fault, I'm sure they do not manufacture tires.

I would imagine that a lot more info. needs to be evaluated b4 MC is blamed. Tires blowing, and bearings going bad...are often maintenance issues.

That being said, it is also my understanding that when you purchase a trailer with the boat you are not getting the best quality trailer available.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-21-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
In my situation, the tire did not blow the hub seperated and went in two different directions.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-21-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
I don't think it was maintenance issue since the boat was 2 days old.
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       05-21-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Yea, well Matt, that would be MC's fault!