Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-05-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
good lord!!!

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=40033&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=70

(sorry to link to another site, but this is unbelievable.)
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
yeah sure is. what's even more amazing is that attitude of young boy who "bought" the boat.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-05-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
That's probably this kid is it not?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/217009.html?1112730185
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-05-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
Thats crazy. The day I spend $95k on a wake boat is the day I'll allow somebody to shoot me. For me, $95k better include the boat, trailer, tow vehicle, a place to eat, sleep,and wash, and a garage to put the boat in.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-05-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   

granted this is in canadian but still a ton of coin for a boat (this was at the Edmonton Boat show)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-05-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Joe ~ You need to give it up!! You talk,walk and crap natique and you don't even have a bayliner!very sad.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-05-2005, 9:10 PM Reply   
i think every single member of wakeworld is aware of the fact that i don't have a boat, but thanks for pointing it out. fact is though, i'm still allowed to express my opinion on boats. not having a boat doesn't prohibit me from expressing what i think. or are mc owners the only ones allowed to express their opinions?

by the way, you're right, i walk, talk and crap nautique. but, i also walk, talk and crap vlx, x-2 and sanger, among other boats.

(Message edited by dakid on April 05, 2005)
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-05-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
damn big ed you are the you have a boat man, i am glad that you put Joe in his place because he doesnt have a boat. It would be ridiculous for him to have an opinion if he doesnt even own one. Whats your deal if he points out that 95k is an ass load of money for a boat? I think most agree with him
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-05-2005, 10:27 PM Reply   
Bk... NICE profile pic..
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-05-2005, 10:36 PM Reply   
i think $95k is a bit expensive.. however, it is a "custom" x-star..most xstars go for $70k-$80k(???)..so the price doesnt seem that to far fetched..

if you have the money and like the boat...props to the buyer !!!! he has a great and unique boat ( i confess i really like the mc star though i own a nautique!!!)
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-05-2005, 11:20 PM Reply   
Ed...are you KIDDING ME? I'd say you've got some growing up to do after that post. Can you reference one post where Joe bashed the Xstar?, Brought up Nautique in comparison to the Xstar?, or bashed any boat for that matter!!??? I'd say its time to get up off your tall horse named Mastercraft...

As Joe said, sure he may like nautique, but he is entitled to his opinion.

BK...that was priceless.

BTW, I have not ever made fun of a boat in a post, I stick w/ making fun of their owners/users.
Old    jmo52            04-06-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
Whatever guys. Joe bust's balls why can't Ed.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-06-2005, 6:06 AM Reply   
yeah joe! who the hell are you to tell people they were overcharged for the boat they are actually getting? why dont you go stick your feet in your spankin new comfy ass limited team bindings that im gonna steal from you if you ever come up to the delta and we ride because im too poor to afford a pair.

i would never ever pay 95K for a wakeboat...not when i can pay mid 30K and still get a great boat that still throws a sick wake. im not gonna complain though, because he's just throwin money into the economy. well, he's throwing money back at MC. i guess.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2005, 6:10 AM Reply   
Joe can take it just as well as he can dish it out.

Anyway, those two threads were quite amusing and I don't care if someone (or their freaking parents for that matter ::roll eyes::-) wants to spend that kind of money on a wake boat. It's insane what MC did with that boat. A little flashy for my tastes though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
You guys say you would never spend that much on a boat, but you would if you could afford it. Maybe this guy is loaded, in which case buying a $95K boat is nothing! Maybe for him spending that much was easier than any of us spending $50K. It's all relative. You're going to buy the best boat for what you can afford.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-06-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
These guys spend so much time on this thread talking about how their boat is the best. As soon as someone gets a boat that is a lot nicer than theirs, they immediately discount it as "that is crazy" knowing full well that if they could afford one, they would have one in a second. That way, they could be on this thread talking about how much better their boat is than yours. I am glad to have a boat. It is getting old, but I probably won't trade it in for a long time. Their are a lot of people out their that would KILL to have a bayliner. It makes me sick to think that if I was out on the lake in a less than perfect boat, most of you would be driving by judging me. Grow up.
Old    kingjaycee            04-06-2005, 12:03 PM Reply   
Well Said Paul!
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-06-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
Actually, if I was lucky enough to have $95 to spend on entertainment purposes, I would buy the best boat I could afford and that would fit my needs best and spend the rest on other things.

$50k for a boat
$30k for a tow vehicle
$1k on brand new equipment (board, bindings, vest, etc)
$1k for indoor storage at my local lake
or $4k for summer rental of condo on lake
Have the rest of the money to spend on gas.

Just my thought on things.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-06-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
jrod, good point well taken.

i just can't see paying that much for a wake boat. (no, i'm not knockin' xstars or how their wakes are) hell, i have a hard time accepting the fact that the boat my girl wants is at least $60k (san)! damn, i can't wait 'till she becomes a doctor. then i'll be allowed to talk about boats since we'll prolly have a boat or two.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Jrod, I guarantee there are people on this board who could buy that boat, cash, finance or whatever. Just because they don't doesn't mean they did not buy the best in their mind. Costing 95K doesn't make it the best no matter how you slice it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-06-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
Maybe "best" was a bad choice of word. It wouldn't be my first pick either. But if money is NO OBJECT, I bet you wouldn't settle for a run-of-the-mill boat either. I know I wouldn't. If I could afford to make my boat unique without depleting my bank account I would.
Old     (piranha)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-06-2005, 5:58 PM Reply   
Why do you people care how much anyone pays for their toys? It's their money.

Old    murrayair            04-06-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
Because when they pay 70k for their boats, the boat mfg's start to think everyone is willing to give that kind of dough up and they start to raise prices.
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2005, 7:22 PM Reply   
Mark,
you are right. Companies will sell at what the public is willing to pay. The mark-up and profic margins on these particular models has to be huge. At least I don't have to worry about rising boat prices since my home lake doesn't allow inboards anyways.
Old    bronco991            04-06-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
The Kid you are talking about is my roomate, I dont know what the problem is with his dad buying him a boat? Just because its nice, its not his fault his family is very wealthy. He has nice parents and he sure is not an is a very cool kid and you all need to stfu
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2005, 9:11 PM Reply   
Hey hardass Kyle no one is talking your friend so I don't think needs to stfu, but I see why you are coming to his rescue you just want some extra rides out of him. Not a bad plan, but you remind me of a song......

"I can be your hero baby"
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-06-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
I would never pay $95K for a boat. Not when Kevin will do it and I can ride behind his X-Star For $20 a Day. I figure i can save $94,980, right there. Even if I ride a couple times a month I still think I will be in the Black!!!!!! Thanks Kevin
Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-06-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
if i had the money to burn and it was what i wanted, i would spend $95k on a boat.

(Message edited by Chvywkbrdrmc205 on April 06, 2005)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-06-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
Jon Allen,

I would never pay $30k for a Tow Vehicle!!!!!!!
That's outrageous!!!!
Oh by the way here is my Modest, High Milage Tow vehicle!!

Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-06-2005, 10:24 PM Reply   
haha this is ridiculous but again if money was no object then all of us would have a sick boat and the best stereo with the biggest wake every year, i mean face it if money was no object why wouldnt you? Everyone always wants more or can have more and better. Also the boat manufactures try to tailer to the general buyers. People like who we are talking about are few and far between. But again who cares what other people do with their money, and who cares how much the boat costs. To me what it comes down to is the wake, and what it comes down is that everyone out there who has a new x-star will still have the same wake as him, its no about who has the coolest boat (although it does attract the ladies) its about who has the best time on the water.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-06-2005, 11:47 PM Reply   
I stated my opinion just like everyone else and If I need to grow up then let me be ...at least I'm growing up in my x-2.

Oh and I am the shizznit for having a boat.hahaha

SUCKERS!!!!!!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-07-2005, 1:04 AM Reply   
HMMMMMMMMM Should I play devils advocate.. probably not..
All I will say is Erik, you make me laugh.. Your welcome company anytime. Especially if I help you stay in the black.
J-rod said it well.. To some money is no object, or possibly different priorites also. Either way most inboard boats throw a great wake, some better than others, but the price of a boat goes much deeper than just the wake. Think about it.
We spend more time in the boat than behind it. So alot of immenities of the boat should be considered also. Plus the bling factor among other things. ( ryans x-star has a little too much bling in IMO ). Granted the price tag of that x-star is more than what most x-stars do cost, if he likes it and can afford it, than more power to him. Just my opinion of course.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-07-2005, 6:18 AM Reply   
well said Kevin!!

And for people who thinks x-star is too much money?/who cares it's not your money and my take on it is
there was a thread about this boat long enough and now joe needs to remind us!!
It's not your daddy spending this money so who gives a crap!!

(Message edited by Big_Ed_X2 on April 07, 2005)
Old    bronco991            04-07-2005, 7:54 AM Reply   
B K, I dont care about being on his boat, even thoguh I will...I have a brand new Tige 22i coming in next week so it does not matter to me.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-07-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Kevin,
I hope you took that comment the right way. You know I was just givin you a little crap. Im glad someone on this board has a sense of humor.

I am dying to get back on the water. Being hurt sucks. Damn at least i'm am not as bad off as Mike. Poor guy has just had the worst luck, and just when he was progrssing more and more.

Have a great weekend and I will see you all when I get back from Orlando.
Late
Erik
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-07-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
"its not his fault his family is very wealthy. He has nice parents "

This is true. I'm not running to his side but you guys do need to think about whats going on here and ask a few simple questions:
1) would you stop someone from buying that boat for you?
no
2) would you rather his dad spend the money on his mom's newest piece of bling that will soon be retired to the droor?
nope

As long as this kid is not a little bitch and can actually ride then I don't see why everyone is hating. 95K is crazy and maybe his dad should get him something more practical since, like stated earlier, this boat will soon be destroyed within a few years abuse by this lil bastard. My rents broke down and finnally got me an 01 SAN last summer but it is a far cry from this kids dream machine. I appreciate everything my parents have given me but do not take any of it for granted.....prolly cuz its still new to me!
btw Kevin you do sound like a lil bitch talkin bought your new tige' thats already boughten and soon arriving. Kevin I bet you are the type of girl that sits on top of the pipe with all the hot new 05 gear but never goeas. that one kid riding a shaun white pro model who is in the same place in the park for the duration of my last 3 runs. I am also guessing you pull tubes from your tower all day long through butter. Buck up biatch
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-07-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
Just for the record I do not take anything I own for granted! I know I’m a VERY fortunate kid, and I appreciate everything I own. This boat also will not be “trashed” or destroyed! I plan on taking care of this boat, and will do the BEST I can to keep this boat in “as new” condition. Yes, I will admit to being a spoiled kid. I never said I wasn’t, but I am still a “normal” kid that lives a wealthy life style. I have NO control over that. All of you need to realized that I’m proud of what I own, and I’m not trying to “show off” just thought I would share my new purchase(or as some of your would say, my dad’s purchase for me) JUST LIKE ALL YOU DO WHEN YOU GET A NEW BOAT! If you look at my post, I didn’t mention the price until other people started putting FALSE information out on the web, and I thought I would correct it!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-07-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have 3 boats, but even the three of them dont buy me a wakeboard comp boat.
Am i allowed to breathe in this planet?
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2005, 12:01 PM Reply   
You guys think $95K is high for a boat--wait till you check out gas prices!! I hear folks are paying over $2.00 a gallon for that stuff now.
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-07-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
And one last thought... Anyone old enough to remember snow skiing in the 60's and 70's? Before the sport got affordable and available to the masses? Back when there were no lines. Now the slopes are littered with people and if your chose yuor resort poorly you're bound to spend more time n line than on the hill.

If wakeboard boats where still <$30K everyone could afford one. Think of how crowded our water would be then! So expensive boats and gear are good things. There needs to be some way of keeping the lakes empty.

Now to get Wakeboard mag to stop printing articles say PWCs are ok.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-07-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
Ryan,
I'm sure you do your best to appreciate everything that is graciously given to you but 94 thousand dollars is a lot to not take for granted.

I'm not one to talk either about free stuff but if its a choppy weekend and there are chicks and friends at a marina to pickup all i'm saying is that you are more influenced to gas it and possibly lead to the increased deterioration because whats the difference between 20 bucks and 94,000 Bucks to you: the answer 20 is more because its a number that you actually have in your account and comprehend spending on alternatives foregone. maybe you see my point maybe you don't. what if the x-star was normal price (65K) instead of your outrageuos 94K. It would make no difference to you regardless but on this post people wouldn't think of your dad as being such a pushover.
btw- if I/we spent 94k on a new boat I would not want to masses to know about the price.
btw again we do have a 94k boat thats puts out a nasty fat wake....my dads 34 sea-ray cruiser
Old    drewsky24            04-07-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
You no what screw all the crap you guys have been talkin about Ryan, your just jealous of what he's been given as a gift ,he probaly didn't even ask for it. Well he might of suggested it.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-07-2005, 1:36 PM Reply   
Jealous Andrew??? Not even close. It must be sad when the person is question get's his chronies to rush to his defense. A quick recap for the slow folks.

1. Most of the posts have nothing to do with jealousy

2. The assumption that people on this board can't afford a 95K boat is asinine.

3. It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an assclown rather to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

4. I am very happy to read these boards and realize I will always have a job/company if this is the best the youth of America has to offer.
Old    drewsky24            04-07-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
jealousy was the wrong word to use, its just to bad that i can't think of the right one
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
It's also too bad that you flunked English class.

"You no what" or You know what"
"your just jealous" or "you're just jealous"
"it's just to bad" or "it's just too bad"

And that's just the tip of the iceberg with your spelling and grammar.

Don't worry Shane, not ALL of the youth of America is as hopeless.

(Message edited by Stanfield on April 07, 2005)
Old    drewsky24            04-07-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
last time i checked this wasnt english class.
Old    waterdog2            04-07-2005, 6:12 PM Reply   
This site exhits because of support from high end boats and high end gear. You cant expect ferrari to compete with GM. I personally drive a GM. If I could I would drive a ferrari=MC BU SUPRA MOOMBA ETC< . I personally like to give people like joe a hard time because of some of his opinions, but I also value and search out his posts, right or wrong because right or wrong, it is from the heart, not the wallet!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-07-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
I'm just trying to think of what Grant could do with $95K into a stock boat. The possabilities are endless!

-Steve
Old    justsomeguy            04-07-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
"If I could I would drive a ferrari=MC BU SUPRA MOOMBA ETC"

More like GM Ford Dodge = MC BU Supra Moomba.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-07-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote from Ringo

btw Kevin you do sound like a lil bitch talkin bought your new tige' thats already boughten and soon arriving. Kevin I bet you are the type of girl that sits on top of the pipe with all the hot new 05 gear but never goeas. that one kid riding a shaun white pro model who is in the same place in the park for the duration of my last 3 runs. I am also guessing you pull tubes from your tower all day long through butter. Buck up biatch

Dude I really hope that you meant Kyle and not Kevin in reference to you erlier trash talking!!!!!!!
Scroll back up and check your info before you voice you opinion like that!!!
Since you refered to a Tige I dont think you meant me, RIGHT??!!!
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-08-2005, 12:00 AM Reply   
Kevin you should disregard about 80% of my post due to the fact that I was legally drunk when I wrote it. However I do believe that you were way out of line with your "stfu" comment because if you were to reference the majority of the posts they don't really talk sh*t about your friend. This particular post is discussing the price of boats and not directly about your friend Ryan.

Shane- Not all of the youth is as bad as what may be indicated by this message board. So protect your job.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-08-2005, 6:38 AM Reply   
BK--You must be drunk again. I dont even know this kid Ryan.
Where did I every say STFU in any of my post.
Once again that was Kyle not ME!!
Better stay off the keyboard and maybe the bottle at the same time.
But I guess I can just disregard everthing you post as you stated.

(Message edited by big x-star on April 08, 2005)
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-08-2005, 8:09 AM Reply   
thats what sucks about nuying stuff in Canada, everything is soooo expensive. Everything is way cheaper in the US. Thats why i'm buying my shpynx in florida next month, and stickin them in my suitcase!
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-08-2005, 8:10 AM Reply   
sorry i can't spell, *buying*, *sphynx*
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-08-2005, 1:12 PM Reply   
Kevin Pothier haha no I was sober and I was talking to Kyle, sorry I thought the guys name was Kevin also so no do not disregard that post because I meant what I said. SO ya Kyle my last post was directed at you and not Kevin.
Sorry for the mistake Kevin.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-08-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Kev, my bad I meant kyle ok settled ok and of course everyone wants an 05 x-star im not jealous but at the same time would like one.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-08-2005, 6:04 PM Reply   
ok. All is good now

And thats all I will say now.

Yea Erik--I do have a good sense of humor.Lucky for you.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-08-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
Whit.......gas is $2.57 in LA today and $2.79 for the good stuff.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-09-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
Ohh and I just wanted to add that...

Joe you know me well enough to make any comments you'de like over the net and we already know our grounds but as for your pet Daniel,you better keep him on a tight leash b\c he don't know me!

(Message edited by Big_Ed_X2 on April 09, 2005)
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       04-10-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
an average SAN in the UK is about £55k, about $100k, dont even aske what an X star goes for!
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-10-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
Ed...I am no one's pet. And I know you as much as I need to to make my own judgement. I'll let you assume what I think of you.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-10-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Hey Brit Rider that really sucks as for the price, but I bet if someone started their own boat building company there they would be able to beat out the American companies, of course this would be a huge monetary investment but I am just pointing out that new wake companies in other countries may have a huge opportunity for profit
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-10-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Daniel ~ Go ahead and judge away you silly little boy trying to tell me how I should act.

sniff,sniff,I think you need your diaper changed.LOL

Like I care what some snotty little boy thinks of me.Don't kid yourself!hahahahLOLand as far as what I think of you...I won't let you assume,I'll tell you.....I DON'T!!!
Old     (blueplastic)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-10-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
And here are some pics of the board

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-10-2005, 4:57 PM Reply   
big ed & daniel, you guys need to have a wake-off...trick for trick, boat owner vs. non-boat owner! winner gets to tell the loser what he wants.

(Message edited by dakid on April 10, 2005)
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-10-2005, 7:47 PM Reply   
what happened ?????? i thought we (so cal) were all pretty good friends ????
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-12-2005, 8:36 PM Reply   
Joe ~ I appreciate what you are trying to do and that's why I feel like me and you have two different relationships,one over the net and one that I like much,much more is the one in person.but this time I think your friend Daniel is out of line telling me to grow up and really doesn't know me.Also on a different thread telling me what 1000lbs does to a wake.....Now come on bro,who is telling who about the boat and the weight in the boat.to me it just seems like he try's too hard to be grown!