Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (motoxer)      Join Date: May 2002       10-30-2003, 2:52 PM Reply   
I'm in the market for a shallow water bottom standing boat lift for a 20' direct drive inboard. I've browsed Basta, Hewitt, ShoreMaster and also an inclined plane lift by Harbor Master called the Elite(supposedly superior to the cantilever style.) Anyone have any praise or horror stories regarding lifts by any of these manufacturers or have an alternate manufacturer I should be looking at? Prices seem to all be within a few hundred dollars of each other for a 3600-4000# lift so I'm looking for some user data to guide my decision.
Old    jaybird00            10-30-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
Check out Shorestation boat lifts. they make great quality products. definetly check them out.
Old    jaybird00            10-30-2003, 7:03 PM Reply   
www.shorestation.com
Old    dholio            10-30-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
Hewitt makes a great product and has great customer service. Stay away from Harbor Master and Shoremaster.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       10-30-2003, 7:14 PM Reply   
Around Cali Hydro-Lift is popular. Used in salt water by where I am from and I have not heard of a problem.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       10-31-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
We had to buy a Shorestation because a shoremaster cantilever lift did not have enough vertical movement for our inboard (Supra Launch). If the lift was high enough to lift the boat out of the water, the skegs on the bottom of the boat would not clear the lift after we lowered the boat into the water (the lift would not lower enough). We lowered the lift so the skegs would clear and now the lift would not go up enough to lift the boat out of the water. Went with a Shorestation vertical style lift and had no problems all summer.

(Message edited by tre on October 31, 2003)
Old     (motoxer)      Join Date: May 2002       11-04-2003, 2:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Shorestation is the direction I'm leaning toward. For roughly the cost of shipping from the other companies the Shorestation dealer will bring the thing to me and install it. BUT......... being the cheap a_s that I am I'll still be hunting for a used one all winter to try and save few bucks so if any comes across one, I'm your buyer.
Old     (leewilson)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-12-2003, 4:39 PM Reply   
I looked at Shorestation but decided on BastaMarine, bastamarine.com. drop me an email if you want to discuss.
Old    eggie            11-13-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Scott check out www.rgcproducts.com out of Buffalo, NY. I did alot of research a couple of years ago before I bought mine. I think they are more robust that Shorestation for about the same price.
Old    cisom            11-13-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
Sunstream make a very nice line of lifts. I think they're a little pricey.

http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/index.html