Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-27-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
I thought i would ask this of the very marius-friendly community we have going here. i recently snagged an 07 marius 134 platinum off ebay for a great deal. i have only taken it for two sets. i like the boards pop and speed but it feels a little small. i usually ride a 138 watson which i love and a 136 shane which i just like. Im 6' and about 165 and thought that the size would be ok because of the width. dont get me wrong i like the board but im just wondering if maybe i would get some better pop and the infamous soft landings more from the 140, or would it feel like a cadillac attached to my feet? who has ridden both sizes and whats your take? anyone else around my size and what are you riding? thanks for the advice!
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-27-2007, 6:16 PM Reply   
Ride the 140 for sure. I ride it and Iam 5'9 and 175lbs. LOVE IT!!!
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       11-27-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
C-DUB for LIFE! Shon I cant believe it took you 22min. to hear someone talking about CDub.LOL!
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-27-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
thats what i was thinking, i guess ill post up the 134 in classifieds, and hopefully find a 140 somehwere.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-27-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Yeah i would defiantly go with the 140. Check out the new 08 its so much sicker. I strapped it on today at work just to feel cool..... I'm going to get a bunch of s**t for saying that.
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-27-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
how does the 08 ride compared to the 07? i like the ride of the 07 except i wish i could get a smaller fin going, the stock one is bigger than im used to and feels a little tight. i havent tried it without the fin although im afraid it will be too squirly.
Old     (wakekid11)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-27-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
chris i hope you are gonna bring that Marius and new tricks in that bag of yours back down to Long Beach!!
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-27-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
tone-V. yes i will be bringing it with me to the LBC. along with my new, still limited, bag of tricks. besides we all know tricks are for kids, if you dont ride for style your not riding for yourself. jk bud. ETA is late January.